justin mcoy memorial park

Posted in the Man Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
old scout camp at latrobe

United States

#1 Jun 8, 2010
i'm not slandering mark and missy mccoy, by any means, my heart goes out to them for the loss of their son. but my opinion is that they should have never changed the parks name. it should have remained the orignial name (scout camp). just because they live up there, shouldn't mean that the name of the park should have been changed to their son's name. i guess where they take care of the park, maybe the reason. it suppose to be the community park and also when they moved there after a few years that covered the community pool. it's like it don't belong to the community anymore.
it belong to the mccoy's.
former buffalo creeker

Inez, KY

#2 Jun 8, 2010
old scout camp at latrobe wrote:
i'm not slandering mark and missy mccoy, by any means, my heart goes out to them for the loss of their son. but my opinion is that they should have never changed the parks name. it should have remained the orignial name (scout camp). just because they live up there, shouldn't mean that the name of the park should have been changed to their son's name. i guess where they take care of the park, maybe the reason. it suppose to be the community park and also when they moved there after a few years that covered the community pool. it's like it don't belong to the community anymore.
they changed the name to honor there son, i think that it very nice of them to allow the public to use the park. they covered the pool because it rarely worked anyway and i am sure that the insurance on it was atrocious
dont understand

Whitman, WV

#3 Jun 8, 2010
I honestly do not understand what former buffalo creeker meant by saying it is nice of them to allow the public to use the park. Are you saying that it is not a public park. Are you saying that it is a private park. Do you know more about this than most people. Could you please explain this a little more. Thank You
always

United States

#4 Jun 8, 2010
it has always been a public park ever since it has been there. and then when mark and missy mccoy moved there , i assumed that it would always remain
under the same name(ANDREW JOHNSON BOY SCOUT CAMP)
I'm really sorry about the death of their son. but still personally i don't think that it should have been changed, because where it was a community pool and park.
creeker

Atlantic City, NJ

#5 Jun 8, 2010
old scout camp at latrobe wrote:
It's a public park and it is not offically named Justin McCoy park. Any resident can go there.
are you sure

United States

#6 Jun 8, 2010
are you sure that the park has not offically been changed to Justin McCoy park? i heard that the county commission changed the name of it a few years ago. but i don't know how true it is.
Just Saying

Lenore, WV

#7 Jun 8, 2010
They worked hard to make the park as nice as it is, there is also another area of the park named in memory of a child that died and a walking lane in memory of loved ones, I'm not sure if the memory lane is finished, but it is a very nice park.
agree

United States

#8 Jun 8, 2010
yes, i agree mark and missy has made it very beautiful, but my point is, the original name should still be andrew johnson boy scout camp.
why

Peach Creek, WV

#9 Jun 8, 2010
acording to what you said the county commission had to agree to change the name.... if you have a problem with it take it up with them and stop repeating yourself on here! seems like nobody else agrees with you so please stop.
somebody

AOL

#10 Jun 8, 2010
Lucky someone is taking care of it.
my point is

United States

#11 Jun 8, 2010
i guess we all have different opinions about this topix.
why does it matter

United States

#12 Jun 8, 2010
why does it matter what the name of the park is, because mark and missy mccoy takes very good care of the park.
Just Saying

Lenore, WV

#13 Jun 8, 2010
The only thing I ever heard it called was "The Boy Scout Camp" and no one was taking care of it, why complain when someone does and names it after children that are no longer with their parent.
yeah

Williamson, WV

#14 Jun 8, 2010
somebody wrote:
Lucky someone is taking care of it.
Some ppl want to complain about anything. If it wasn't for Mark and Missy no one else would take care of the park. And having it look as nice as it does. So unless they want to go keep it clean then they need to mind there own business.
Buffalo Creeker

Inez, KY

#15 Jun 8, 2010
I agree with you people want to always bitch about something. They have made the park a beautiful place they are always doing something to it and they keep it clean. It is a place that a family can go to spend the day or a few hours together. I for one appreciate them for it. I just wish that their dog would not run free everywhere. That is a hue dog and I understand that he is friendly and I know that I am going to get smartassed comments about this but if small children are there and he jumps on them he will hurt them. Great job on the park Missy and Mark. Missy's Pics are awesome 2
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Some ppl want to complain about anything. If it wasn't for Mark and Missy no one else would take care of the park. And having it look as nice as it does. So unless they want to go keep it clean then they need to mind there own business.
buffalo creeker also

Whitman, WV

#16 Jun 9, 2010
Who cares if it's renamed or whatever. Have u ever put ur hands to work, or ur own money to make that park, a REAL PARK??? NO Missy & Mark have done a great job, their kid loved that place & I think it's one of the only reasons, they have put THEIR OWN MONEY ON MOST OF THE STUFF..None of the swings, or other jungle jim stuff was there before, it was just a pool! Why r u bitching??? B REAL -- GROW UP...Until u put ur own hard working hands and money into it. u need to shut up. Stay of buffalo creek, the kids get to go there now, it is public & they HAVE THINGS TO PLAY ON,--THANKS VERY MUCH TO MISSY & MARK-U COULDN'T ASK 4 BETTER!!
former buffalo creeker

Inez, KY

#17 Jun 9, 2010
what i meant from my statement was that they could have purchased the land from the county and made into a place for themselves only but chose not too so that other people could enjoy the park, also i remeber growing up there that the pool rarely ever was open because there was always problems with it. why do you care what the name is ? are you up there helping them take care of it? up until the point that you are shut up about it.i can not believe that people can get on here and say the stuff that some of you have and you have not even been up there to help them do anything to the park. what is your issue with it being renamed after there son?
crazy pam

United States

#18 Jun 9, 2010
started this one too!
DAGWOOD

Kermit, WV

#19 Jun 9, 2010
I THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA TO NAME IT AFTER A CHILD BECAUSE THERE ARE NO ADULTS IN MAN OR BUFFALO CREEK WHO DESERVE IT, NO NOT ONE IS WORTHY , YOUR PARENTS FAILED YOU ALL
people

AOL

#20 Jun 9, 2010
it is call love memory they can name a street after some people why not in memony thank you mark and missy justin was a good person he grow up there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Man Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nickkie (May '13) 5 hr So sad 2
drop a word/add a word (Jan '10) 5 hr _FLATLINE-------- 13,317
PSC grants much needed AEP rate increase 5 hr drsna 3
DROP A Word AND ADD a word (Jan '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 11,770
One Word Game (Feb '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 12,130
Last Post Wins (Dec '09) Wed Man resident 18,331
Needing help Wed Man resident 1
More from around the web

Man People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE