Man Little League
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
My opinion

Logan, WV

#21 Jan 31, 2013
I think they need to do things different. They don't do it fair. They will have book keepers and assistant coaches so they can get their kids. I think names should be put in a hat and drawn out one at a time. Then if they draw the kids name and the parent wants to help that's fine. How can you expect the other kids to be good if you only wanna work with your kid and your buddies kid? In years to come they will be playing in middle school and high school. If your wanting to beat area schools you need to start helping and preparing them ALL. Just an opinion.
Coach

Logan, WV

#22 Feb 1, 2013
Well the way I see things if you can do it better Step up just had a meeting to elect board members. And I would jUst about bet you was not there,... Love the drama you parents wanna give
My opinion

Logan, WV

#23 Feb 1, 2013
Coach- you must be one of them that does this or it wouldn't have bothered you so bad. Nothing drama about it. I was stating my opinion!
Wow

Washington, DC

#24 Feb 1, 2013
My opinion wrote:
I think they need to do things different. They don't do it fair. They will have book keepers and assistant coaches so they can get their kids. I think names should be put in a hat and drawn out one at a time. Then if they draw the kids name and the parent wants to help that's fine. How can you expect the other kids to be good if you only wanna work with your kid and your buddies kid? In years to come they will be playing in middle school and high school. If your wanting to beat area schools you need to start helping and preparing them ALL. Just an opinion.
Listen, Coaches are volunteers! They try the best they can to work with the kids they are givin. If u think your child needs more help or work than they are getting, go outside and work with them! If u can't pay someone that can help them! But please don't get on here bitching and complaining about the coaches! I have been a volunteer coach for over 15 yrs, its not easy! You work with the talent you have to work with. The biggest problem you guys in Man have is Little League itself, who puts 9 yr old kids playing 12 yr old kids. You can't expect a 9 yr old to play to that level usually! That's not the coaches fault. If he is a decent coach he will play the best kids at the right spots! He wants to win, just like the kids want to win. But please if you have the magic answer to make it all right get out and coach or help a coach, but don't sit on your ass and expect everyone to do what your not willing to do yourself.
Mom

Stollings, WV

#25 Feb 1, 2013
Well I think that opinion was just trying to say don't stack the teams more less. And when picking the kids at the draft, the parents that signed up to coach and to volunteer their time for all kids not just one or two then give it to someone that is going to go out teach the kids, have fun and of course try to win like everyone wants too. But before and after the game you gotta look these kids are friends on and off the field. Well I know that some are there for other kids other than their own but also being a coach and a board member it's not all about being at a game that your child is playing in. You gotta be there day in and day out, basically 6 days a week because its ages from 5 yr olds to 12 yr olds. The parents that think they can't be a part of this need to be at board meetings to speak up and no I am not a member and you couldn't pay me to be. But my husband enjoys being there with my boys and all the other kids as well. My boys didn't play this past year but hope to be back on the field again this year, but was there during regular season and throughout all- star games as well. It's just what we enjoy. We have went with each age group to their games and supported them throughout the achievements. Parents praise your kids and help them do their best be not just a parent but a frien too.
My opinion

Logan, WV

#26 Feb 2, 2013
Mom wrote:
Well I think that opinion was just trying to say don't stack the teams more less. And when picking the kids at the draft, the parents that signed up to coach and to volunteer their time for all kids not just one or two then give it to someone that is going to go out teach the kids, have fun and of course try to win like everyone wants too. But before and after the game you gotta look these kids are friends on and off the field. Well I know that some are there for other kids other than their own but also being a coach and a board member it's not all about being at a game that your child is playing in. You gotta be there day in and day out, basically 6 days a week because its ages from 5 yr olds to 12 yr olds. The parents that think they can't be a part of this need to be at board meetings to speak up and no I am not a member and you couldn't pay me to be. But my husband enjoys being there with my boys and all the other kids as well. My boys didn't play this past year but hope to be back on the field again this year, but was there during regular season and throughout all- star games as well. It's just what we enjoy. We have went with each age group to their games and supported them throughout the achievements. Parents praise your kids and help them do their best be not just a parent but a frien too.
That's exactally what I was trying to say. I think they need to play all kids not just the "best" ones. That's the problem! Some kids aren't as food as other and don't get to play which I think is wrong. My child got to play, but I seen a lot that didn't and I think it's not fair. How is that on that child's self esteem? How does that child feel? I know you wanna play to win but come on they are kids and need to enjoy themselves also. I wasn't trying to be a smartelic! Again just stating MY OPINION!
Hungry

Charleston, WV

#27 Feb 3, 2013
To Hungry wrote:
Hope this helps ya!
1lb of hamburger
1 small can of tomato paste
2 tsp of Chili powder
1 tsp of Vinegar
1 Cup of Ketchup
1/2 Cup of Sugar
1 small onion
Add extra to taste
If you have problems, you could always come to the ballfield, hotdogs will be served everyday :)
Thanks so much. I promise when I'm around, I will buy your dogs!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Man Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Tue TheTruthAlways2 4,168
best football player to ever play at man highsc... (Jun '15) Mon The truth 25
man pic pac guy Mon saying as it is 1
How Many In The High School Band ? Jul 24 Ddhhg 1
Man baseball Jul 21 Sahara 2
Child predator E McDonald Av. Jul 17 YourNeighbor 2
Lockouts!!!!! Jul 16 Badboy 7888 2

Man Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance