Wordy

Viola, AR

#1 Nov 18, 2009
Who will be the next superintendent at Mammoth?
m cooper

Mountain Home, AR

#2 Dec 2, 2009
It is a tie between a monkey a real smart mouse and B.davis close race.Iam for the monkey..sorry

Alpine, AR

#3 Dec 9, 2009
I heard a name who has been there before who is now in NEA.

“Hey Neighbor”

Since: Sep 09

Willow Springs, MO

#4 Dec 9, 2009
m cooper wrote:
It is a tie between a monkey a real smart mouse and B.davis close race.Iam for the monkey..sorry
Ditto, Im pulling for the monkey.
neighbor

Bexar, AR

#5 Dec 10, 2009
I hope the school board has enough sense not to hire Brian Davis.Or do they?????
Former Bear

Marshfield, MO

#6 Dec 14, 2009
Wordy wrote:
Who will be the next superintendent at Mammoth?
I really hope that the current School board members search their hearts and realize that Mr. Davis may not be the best person for the superintendent job. Just keep in mind there are plenty of qualified Men and Women in the state of Arkansas that would be pleased to have the job. You can make the case that an alumini will have the Schools best interest at heart, but I tend to think just the opposite is true, I think they become to comfortable and they tend not to push the school in any new directions. I care about this school very much,and I just want the decision to be well thought out and the parents to be polled about their thoughts on the matter. School board members need to do their homework on this one. Just remember it is much harder to get rid of an alumini then someone that has very few ties to the area. Just my opinion everyone has one,please listen.
Also a former bear

Mountain Home, AR

#7 Dec 14, 2009
Former Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
I really hope that the current School board members search their hearts and realize that Mr. Davis may not be the best person for the superintendent job. Just keep in mind there are plenty of qualified Men and Women in the state of Arkansas that would be pleased to have the job. You can make the case that an alumini will have the Schools best interest at heart, but I tend to think just the opposite is true, I think they become to comfortable and they tend not to push the school in any new directions. I care about this school very much,and I just want the decision to be well thought out and the parents to be polled about their thoughts on the matter. School board members need to do their homework on this one. Just remember it is much harder to get rid of an alumini then someone that has very few ties to the area. Just my opinion everyone has one,please listen.
What you said here is very true and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write it.I wish the people would pull togther and let the school board know how thay feel about any thing that concerns the school.Thanks again for the comment you wrote here.
M cooper

Mountain Home, AR

#8 Dec 14, 2009
One school board member does not like davis.The others are in the middel.If he gives the write speech to theme about b.ball and how much he wants to poor money into it hes hired.Dont get me wrong i like B.ball but we need more than just that for a good school.
former bear fan

Mountain Home, AR

#9 Dec 17, 2009
I have heard nothing good about MS school.All negative, the academics, sports the teachers. So we went up in the bench mark.It should have never been down.As for your coaches you have one head case and one who doesn't care and doesn't want to be there.The other one doesn't know anything about sports.A principal who doesn't like kids. So that sums it up.
radiology b

Dolph, AR

#10 Dec 27, 2009
lol. love to hear people that are not involved in something give their opinion. often times if a member of administration is not liked by the parents that means they are doing their job. to say that hiring outside the area because that person will have the best interest for the school is idiotic. any of you remember what it was like when we hired all of the administration and half the teachers from salem? Awful. all they cared about was getting their check and heading back to salem.
Former Bear

Ozark, MO

#11 Dec 29, 2009
radiology b wrote:
lol. love to hear people that are not involved in something give their opinion. often times if a member of administration is not liked by the parents that means they are doing their job. to say that hiring outside the area because that person will have the best interest for the school is idiotic. any of you remember what it was like when we hired all of the administration and half the teachers from salem? Awful. all they cared about was getting their check and heading back to salem.
I happen to know that you can have an administration that the parents approve of and someone that can treat the students and the parents with respect. Comparing the outside world and what could possibly be out there that would be good for this school to Salem hires is ludicris. I personally like Mr. Davis as a person,but I believe if you do not look at other applicants you may cheat the school and the community out of a good Administrator. Think beyond friendships and old classmates and think instead of the future of the School and its students. The Mammoth School Board has a very big decision and I personally think they are up for the job.Good luck with your tough decision.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mammoth Spring Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 hr Reality Check 34,487
Downhome 22 hr Jynx 32
Where to fish at in Cherokee Sat Changer 3
CV problems Mar 24 The Colonel 22
karma has come to town Mar 24 JYNX 11
High Cotton Mercantile Mar 22 guest 4
walter and brandi (Oct '12) Mar 22 Jeff 9

Mammoth Spring Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance