Search crew finds wreckage of Fossett...

Search crew finds wreckage of Fossett's plane, human remains

There are 1 comment on the Newsday story from Oct 3, 2008, titled Search crew finds wreckage of Fossett's plane, human remains. In it, Newsday reports that:

More than a year after the mysterious disappearance of millionaire adventurer Steve Fossett , searchers have found the wreckage of his plane in the rugged Sierra Nevada along with enough human remains for DNA ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Jed

Paterson, NJ

#1 Oct 4, 2008
Can't anyone figure this out? He took off without filing a flight plan. He went in the opposite direction from where everyone expected him to. The plane crashed into the side of a mountain at high speed, leaving very little for investigators to work with. The only remains they found were a couple ID cards, some cash, and a fragment of bone - just enough to convince everyone that he's been positively identified. Of course the DNA test on the bone fragment will turn up positive. An orthopedic surgeon can easily remove a bone fragment that size from a person in such a way that they'll never miss it. Unless they find some remains that he can't live without - like a skull or a leg - then this whole thing is a fake. I'm torn between wanting this to be exposed so I'll know I'm right, and wanting him to pull it off successfully and live happily ever after wherever he is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mammoth Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A Review of Artisan Strap Co Straps Jul '15 Bjordon11 1
News What REALLY Happened During the Ann Coulter Pro... Jul '15 Miss Id 1
News Welcome Back Wailaki: An Extinct Native Languag... Jun '15 Robin 1
News American OpinionA Plea to the Modern Reader Jun '15 positronium 3
News David Ditto claims wife died from fall down sta... (Jan '13) May '15 roniet 21
News Dave Hester goes solo on latest 'Storage Wars' ... (Jul '12) May '15 loveStorageWarsHa... 8
News What's ahead this weekend Apr '15 watchout 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mammoth Lakes Mortgages