Mammoth Cave offers an underground maze of geological wonders | The...

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

If the labyrinth of subterranean passages at Mammoth Cave National Park were unraveled to form a single tunnel stretching to the northeast, visitors from Columbus could walk the entire way to the park underground.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Laurie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

I'd love to try this cave tour, but don't have the endurance for it anymore. I've visited Mammoth Cave three times and would go back in an instant. Reservations are a good idea no matter which tours you'd like to take as it can be quite busy. With a constant temperature in the fifties, this is a perfect spot for hot summer days. It's an awing and humbling natural treasure.
OldAdventurer

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

I've always wondered about Mammoth Cave adventures, so greatly enjoyed your story. I do wonder what surface adventures/activities, if any, are worthwhile in the park.

Thanks again!
Jer

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Make reservations weeks to months in advance. Most of the tours are sold out well ahead of time.
YogeshR

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

We(me, wife and kids-10,6 yo) just came back from Mammoth cave National Park it was awesome. It was well worth the drive down to Cave city, Kentucky. We did the New Entrance tour, which lasted for 2 and a half hours. I would strongly encourage anyone interested in caves or other natural wonders to visit the park.
TeaPartyTYme

Commercial Point, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Judged:

I just hope they are charging a sufficiently high entrance fee to cover 100% of the cost of operating that park. The entire experience would be spoiled for me if I knew I was participating in a TAXPAYER SUBSIDIZED BOONDOGGLE. I think this park should be sold off to private owners and the money returned to taxpayers as a rebate. Let private enterprise manage it. When the Tea Party takes over we will get rid of all these parks and slash taxes and state workers. PROPERTY RIGHTS!! VOTE KASICH!!!
Mammoth

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

Judged:

Sweet, a tea bagger turns a great article about Mammoth Cave into something political. What a complete joke.
Josh Deardorff

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

I am writing an article for my community college student magazine and loved what some of you said about mammoth cave: Laurie, Jer, YogeshR. I was hoping you would allow me to quote part of your post. it would be a great help. if so please let me know at Guitarist155@hotmail.com as soon as possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mammoth Cave Discussions

Search the Mammoth Cave Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min Le Jimbo 145,962
Sweetest person in edmonson co? (Apr '10) 37 min In the know 62
Who wrecked their moped? 40 min you did it now 3
Paige Ardt 2 hr Phil 11
Who do you think will open the first liquor sto... 2 hr Its a Wonderful Life 8
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr JOE NASTY 26,182
Gus Stephens 3 hr Believe it now 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mammoth Cave Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mammoth Cave People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE