Marvel at Mammoth Cave

Oct 23, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

Mammoth Cave, the largest underground formation known to man and one of the world's great natural wonders, is less than a 100-mile drive from Louisville.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 55 of55
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Cards Fan

Decorah, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>. Topix allows you to vent you angry and disfunctional additude. We all have a clear understanding how Topix works. However, your sad soul obtains a freaky thrill expressing negative and evil stupity, not intellengence! LATWTB
Obviously you don't know.
Cards Fan

Decorah, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

gcards fan wrote:
<quoted text>Would'nt you have the sour-ass at the world if the government had fed your whole family, paid for you being born, paid for your raisings, sent you to school,and paid for your education, and you were so damn fat that no man will have you. Everything in my life is sad.Why wouldnt I be mad. This is the only way that I can spew my hatred for the world and everything in it, even God,because I was a government child and it has made me bitter because I was'nt handed things like a spoiled brat. Forgive me good people of EC, if I could get off my lazy ass, I would get a job, make my own living and move on to another part of the world.
Wow sounds like a personal problem.
like to know

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

Cards Fan wrote:
<quoted text>So what if you work there? It is what it is and if some people don't like it then oh well. Just because someone has a negative opinion of something doesn't mean they should not voice it! What do you think humans are? Just drones that walk around only programmed to think a certain way? Why would anyone take a vacation to anyones house? That's just stupid. This area IS a tourist trap and everyone knows it. Everyone who tries to play this whole area up is doing nothing but polishing a turd.
what did you ever look at there,cause if you drive around or go on the walks and go Munfordsville and take a canoe down the river it is pretty..they are stuff there you just got know where to go..
sevenpointone

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

I lived in Mammoth Cave, Ky for 4 years, and although I didn't tour the cave in all that time (I took the tour as a teen and loved it), the scenery alone is worth it. I was born in ky, but I've been to other places, and ky has most of them beat hands down for the beauty alone. Yes, the caves are nice, but the park is a local treasure.Try touring the park. There is something there for everyone.
Former LE

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Judged:

There is a saying. If you can't say somthing good about someone, say nothing at all. There is one thing I don't like in a person. That is someone who is a "Bully'. The phyisical bully , the social bully, the religious bully or an intellectual bully. Why does anyone want to belittle others? Does it make them feel superior? The need to anways be superior is telling of an emotional poverty. Poverty is the root of most of the evils in the world.
Cards Fan

Decorah, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

like to know wrote:
<quoted text>what did you ever look at there,cause if you drive around or go on the walks and go Munfordsville and take a canoe down the river it is pretty..they are stuff there you just got know where to go..
Munfordville is one of the worst hick towns in Kentucky.
Cards Fan

Decorah, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Former LE wrote:
There is a saying. If you can't say somthing good about someone, say nothing at all. There is one thing I don't like in a person. That is someone who is a "Bully'. The phyisical bully , the social bully, the religious bully or an intellectual bully. Why does anyone want to belittle others? Does it make them feel superior? The need to anways be superior is telling of an emotional poverty. Poverty is the root of most of the evils in the world.
I don't see how I'm belittling anyone. Personally, I believe the park should just be closed to tourism and only used for research purposes. The whole idea is to preserve it.
Former LE

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Judged:

Preserve it for whom,only the educated or enviormentally correct? The park belongs to everyone. that was the reason for making it a national park so the public could enjoy it , not just the privilaged few.
Cards Fan

Decorah, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Judged:

Former LE wrote:
Preserve it for whom,only the educated or enviormentally correct? The park belongs to everyone. that was the reason for making it a national park so the public could enjoy it , not just the privilaged few.
Yes..that's what I said.
sevenpointone

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

No, you said it should be used for research purposes alone, and wouldn't that be sad? What about the Grand Canyon or Yosemite? Should they be used for research alone? Everyone has something to be proud of, and for us, it's Mammoth Cave.

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Mammoth Cave requires strenuous activity thats why some on this topic dont like it.

Tell me Im wrong
sevenpointone

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

You're right. But that's what makes it great, it's natural, and in order to see and appreciate it, you have to move your butt.
Cards Fan

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

How many of you think that God made the cave?

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Cards Fan wrote:
How many of you think that God made the cave?
I believe god created the land but it was not god that created the caves,the natural process of time did.
sevenpointone

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

That's the beauty of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 55 of55
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mammoth Cave Discussions

Search the Mammoth Cave Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min republiCONS 139,192
Classmates gone but not forgotten (Aug '10) 32 min Angel 234
barking dog 36 min unknown 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr redeemer 25,983
shane doyle removing opponents signs 1 hr Need Truth 5
y cant things b like they used to be 1 hr u know who this is 2
beverly newton 1 hr concerned citizen 5
•••
•••
•••
Mammoth Cave Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Mammoth Cave Jobs

•••