voters, polls, Long Island, historic,...

voters, polls, Long Island, historic, numbers

There are 67 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 4, 2008, titled voters, polls, Long Island, historic, numbers. In it, Newsday reports that:

Roosevelt, New York, Tuesday Nov. 4, 2008: Roosevelt residents wait on line to vote at Roosevelt High School before work.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
126 mal

Rockaway, NJ

#1 Nov 4, 2008
maybe if more people in lakeview voted in the last 30 years ther would have been more voting machines. i am tired of hearing the racist thing. maybe one of them should ask to see obamahs birth certificate. since it has been brought to my attention he does not have one. how could he run for president without showing proof of us citenship?
Cogency

Huntington Station, NY

#2 Nov 5, 2008
126 mal wrote:
maybe if more people in lakeview voted in the last 30 years ther would have been more voting machines. i am tired of hearing the racist thing. maybe one of them should ask to see obamahs birth certificate. since it has been brought to my attention he does not have one. how could he run for president without showing proof of us citenship?
You cannot be serious with a question like that. You really and truly believe he doesn't have a birth certificate or that he isn't an American?
Seriously, step away from the computer and go lie down. Take a pill first you poor, put-upon little thing.
Tag Your It Brother

Suffern, NY

#3 Nov 5, 2008
OK.....fast forward 4 years. There will be no change in healthcare,the economy will still be in the dumps,taxes will still be higher and......the lazy black man will still be on welfare.

Since: Jul 08

Greensboro, NC

#4 Nov 5, 2008
Here comes all the sour grapes from the republicans. In 4 yrs we will still have healthcare which most won't have under a McCain leadership. In 4 yrs big oil companies won't be making record profits off of us while we wonder where our next meal will come from. In 4 yrs we will still have social security which we won't have if McCain and Bush got their way and put OUR money in the stock market. In 4 yrs we will be looking at another 4 yrs of Obama thank goodness. McCain gave a great speech last night he moved on now all you sour grape republicans should give it a try.
Raf

Deer Park, NY

#6 Nov 5, 2008
First of all, i want to congratulate President Obama on a win well deserved! Now for the rest who didn't vote for him
one ask only one thing of you, give him a fair chance! A chance that he deserve. Is that too much to ask?
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#7 Nov 5, 2008
The Failure of BIG SPENDER Conservative Republican ideology is now complete. Saddling future generations of U.S. Taxpayers with Massive Debt simply bankrupts the future for our nation, our people, and our children. Trickle Down is indeed VooDoo Economics as Bush 41 correctly labeled it when it was conjured up by Ronald Reagan.

The Failure of 8 years of Republican Rule is complete.

God has Blessed the United States with a new highly intelligent and charismatic leader for all Americans.
The old failed policys are now in the waste bin of history never to be taken seriously again.

Fear is the path to hate and a divided nation. FDR was right, the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Republicans used it against this nation in two elections, and that failure is now complete.

God has indeed Blessed us with a new and brighter day.

Barack Obama, the 44th President of the United States.

Well Done, America !
Southbound

Bronx, NY

#8 Nov 5, 2008
Ed Burke wrote:
The Failure of BIG SPENDER Conservative Republican ideology is now complete. Saddling future generations of U.S. Taxpayers with Massive Debt simply bankrupts the future for our nation, our people, and our children. Trickle Down is indeed VooDoo Economics as Bush 41 correctly labeled it when it was conjured up by Ronald Reagan.
The Failure of 8 years of Republican Rule is complete.
God has Blessed the United States with a new highly intelligent and charismatic leader for all Americans.
The old failed policys are now in the waste bin of history never to be taken seriously again.
Fear is the path to hate and a divided nation. FDR was right, the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Republicans used it against this nation in two elections, and that failure is now complete.
God has indeed Blessed us with a new and brighter day.
Barack Obama, the 44th President of the United States.
Well Done, America !
Congratulations to all of the Obama supporters except this idiot. Obama promises to be a BIGGER SPENDER. Have you somehow missed that? His entire campaign was built on building bigger government programs to cure the 'ills of society'. There are many reasons Obama supporters can be happy today and proud of what they've accomplished, but the promise of reeling in spending isn't one of those reasons. Even Obama acknowledges that!
'Special Ed' Burke is like the woman on the video; so happy she's crying because her "car's gas tank is always going to be filled and her mortgage is going to be paid". Some people have a greater ability to suspend reality than others I guess, and 'Special Ed' must be one of those people.
To the rest of you, congratulations.
Unanswered

Bronx, NY

#9 Nov 5, 2008
It is amazing he is going to be President when he couldn't possibly pass a clearance to work for the CIA, FBI, etc. I find it very disturbing that this person will be in charge of our armed forces. Our Commander in Chief. Hope we are still a strong Nation 4 years from now?
Alan Q

New York, NY

#10 Nov 5, 2008
126 mal wrote:
maybe if more people in lakeview voted in the last 30 years ther would have been more voting machines. i am tired of hearing the racist thing. maybe one of them should ask to see obamahs birth certificate. since it has been brought to my attention he does not have one. how could he run for president without showing proof of us citenship?
I'm ashamed to say that up until last night, I believed that there was a sizeable amount of Americans who were as stupid as the above poster.

Muslim, socialist, not American... the foolish things that I tiny minority lied about or believed almost made me think that Americans were that stupid.

A token milf...a diva on the Repiblican ticket chosen for no other reasons then she was hot and has a p/u$$y... and thinking that we were dumb enough to fall for that, too.

Soon, the moronic frat boy who has allowed his puppeteers to [email protected] our country will be gone.

Stupid is no longer the style in America. Smart, once again, is in...and not a moment too soon.

God bless and protect our new president.
Minister of Information

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Nov 5, 2008
"Throw your O's up and Everybody do the Barak Obama Rock"
Good Morning

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Nov 5, 2008
Interesting...Obama says he'll spend big.

George Bush said he wouldn't spend big and we've got a deficit we will have a hell of a time digging out. Regan and Bush Senior were BIG spenders and some Democrat had to come in and lower our spending.

Beware of the guy who says he won't spend...because they're the most dangerous of all...
Independent

Valley Stream, NY

#13 Nov 5, 2008
I did not vote for Obama, mostly because of all his promises that I could not understand, and still don't, how he plans on paying for it. I do not believe he will only raises taxes on the top 5% of Americans...logially that cannot pay for all his grand plans. etc etc ...

With that said, I do certainly hope he can perform as advertised, there are no sour grapes for me, I've always been an independent and I can only hope he can make some difference.

I just don't believe it will be as easy and quick as most who voted for him believe.

We are in a deep hole after 8 years of, in my opinion, a terrible President. Now that the media can calm down (hopefully), the glitz and glamour and all the speaches, all the millions spent on this campaign, one can only hope, at the very least, he is better than the last 8 years and at least gets on on the 'right track'
Vox Populi

Lillington, NC

#14 Nov 5, 2008
The people have spoken. That is what is great about the USA.

“Demand answers. Don't be sheep”

Since: Oct 08

Deer Park

#15 Nov 5, 2008
was a NYer wrote:
Here comes all the sour grapes from the republicans. In 4 yrs we will still have healthcare which most won't have under a McCain leadership. In 4 yrs big oil companies won't be making record profits off of us while we wonder where our next meal will come from. In 4 yrs we will still have social security which we won't have if McCain and Bush got their way and put OUR money in the stock market. In 4 yrs we will be looking at another 4 yrs of Obama thank goodness. McCain gave a great speech last night he moved on now all you sour grape republicans should give it a try.
I certainly hope I'm wrong about Obama,(as I have no choice but to accept him.)but based on his speech last night where he basically started running for another term before his first started saying that he can't accmplish his goals in 4 years I'm quite hesitant.There may be some sour grapes in my verbage, but many still don't know how health care for all can be funded without taxing both the rich and the middle class??(There just isn't enough money to take from the rich to fund this promise, nor is there enough for his "college for all" plan.) Raise the taxes on gas companies Obama, but just realize theya re only going to raise their prices to offset their loses and the $50 million who voted for you have to pay for that. Once again I hope I'm wrong. I hope big oil or people that make morem than $250k don't raise their prices, I hope my taxes don't go up since I'm under the $250k mark. But Americans being what they are and have been, I can't see this happening.
Idiots for Obama

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Nov 5, 2008
What do you suppose he means by "It's OUR time now"? I can believe how many stupid people live in this country.
Alan Q

New York, NY

#17 Nov 5, 2008
Cob the Crazed wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly hope I'm wrong about Obama,(as I have no choice but to accept him.)but based on his speech last night where he basically started running for another term before his first started saying that he can't accmplish his goals in 4 years I'm quite hesitant.There may be some sour grapes in my verbage, but many still don't know how health care for all can be funded without taxing both the rich and the middle class??(There just isn't enough money to take from the rich to fund this promise, nor is there enough for his "college for all" plan.) Raise the taxes on gas companies Obama, but just realize theya re only going to raise their prices to offset their loses and the $50 million who voted for you have to pay for that. Once again I hope I'm wrong. I hope big oil or people that make morem than $250k don't raise their prices, I hope my taxes don't go up since I'm under the $250k mark. But Americans being what they are and have been, I can't see this happening.
Do you think that anyone can clean up a mess like this - which took eight years - in only four?

Accusing Obama of running for a 2nd term is just plain wrong.

He, like almost everyone, knows that it is going to take us a very long time to get out of this financial crisis and wars in two countries.

If you think there is man on Earth who can clean up the blood, tears and rubbish left behind by the most infantile and irresponsible president to ever live in only four years, well, I'd like to know that man's name.

Btw, please don't be so silly as to say McCain.

This country wants out of Iraq now...and they do mean right now. McCain had no intention of even that.
watcher

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Nov 5, 2008
Cob the Crazed wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly hope I'm wrong about Obama,(as I have no choice but to accept him.)but based on his speech last night where he basically started running for another term before his first started saying that he can't accmplish his goals in 4 years I'm quite hesitant.There may be some sour grapes in my verbage, but many still don't know how health care for all can be funded without taxing both the rich and the middle class??(There just isn't enough money to take from the rich to fund this promise, nor is there enough for his "college for all" plan.) Raise the taxes on gas companies Obama, but just realize theya re only going to raise their prices to offset their loses and the $50 million who voted for you have to pay for that. Once again I hope I'm wrong. I hope big oil or people that make morem than $250k don't raise their prices, I hope my taxes don't go up since I'm under the $250k mark. But Americans being what they are and have been, I can't see this happening.
here's hoping that he starts with the multi - millionaire celebrities that so strongly support him...yeah right, their accountants are probably already looking for the loopholes...
Joe

West Chester, OH

#19 Nov 5, 2008
Something to be afraid of......the news networks reported a peaceful night of celebration in Chicago.

I talked to a buddy of mine who was in center city this morning and he said their was nothing peaceful that he saw from his window...unless you call smashing cars, small fires in the streets and drunks all over the place peaceful. They were advised to remain in their hotel rooms.

Let the news blackouts and filtering begin.......
Solar Powered Cars

Smithtown, NY

#20 Nov 5, 2008
Unanswered wrote:
It is amazing he is going to be President when he couldn't possibly pass a clearance to work for the CIA, FBI, etc. I find it very disturbing that this person will be in charge of our armed forces. Our Commander in Chief. Hope we are still a strong Nation 4 years from now?
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.~ Thomas Jefferson

“I own a mansion & a yacht”

Since: Jul 08

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Nov 5, 2008
Southbound wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations to all of the Obama supporters except this idiot. Obama promises to be a BIGGER SPENDER. Have you somehow missed that? His entire campaign was built on building bigger government programs to cure the 'ills of society'. There are many reasons Obama supporters can be happy today and proud of what they've accomplished, but the promise of reeling in spending isn't one of those reasons. Even Obama acknowledges that!
'Special Ed' Burke is like the woman on the video; so happy she's crying because her "car's gas tank is always going to be filled and her mortgage is going to be paid". Some people have a greater ability to suspend reality than others I guess, and 'Special Ed' must be one of those people.
To the rest of you, congratulations.
somehow Ed missed that little detail.

Many of the other small minded Obama supporters here were so low class they actually made fun of his war time injuries and service. As a McCain supporter, I wish Obama good luck -- he's gonna need it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malverne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cops: Latin King slain in Queens (Apr '07) Dec 1 KING LITE 328
US Hells angels war on American women and child... (Feb '10) Nov 30 GodofUSAHellsangels 305
Alpha Omega Theta Fraternity (Aug '09) Nov 30 Douglas Sprague 19
Harveys Lake Pa Nov 30 charly 1
Old Freeport Hospital (Oct '14) Nov 29 JHV 6
Debate: Gay Marriage - Malverne, NY (Jan '12) Feb '14 Linda 3
News Election Day, Church Fair and Lynbrook Village ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 tommy deely 1

Malverne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Malverne Mortgages