Malverne officers rush into burning h...

Malverne officers rush into burning house, treated for smoke in...

There are 17 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 25, 2008, titled Malverne officers rush into burning house, treated for smoke in.... In it, Newsday reports that:

Two Malverne police officers were treated for smoke inhalation after rushing into a burning house where they feared an elderly woman might be trapped, police said, but no one was inside.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SmokeEatinHero

Rockaway Park, NY

#1 Mar 25, 2008
Here we go again.
More cops trying to be heroes, and almost getting themselves killed to rescue no one.
This work is best left to the TRAINED PROFESSIONALS of the volunteer F.D.
Ex Capt 712

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Mar 26, 2008
SmokeEatinHero wrote:
Here we go again.
More cops trying to be heroes, and almost getting themselves killed to rescue no one.
....Judging by this post, the author should re-name him/her self "MEATBALL Hero". PERIOD.
SmokeEatinHero

Rockaway Park, NY

#3 Mar 26, 2008
Ex Capt 712 wrote:
<quoted text>
....Judging by this post, the author should re-name him/her self "MEATBALL Hero". PERIOD.
Just keep collecting your bogus disability check for your injury at the gym.
Some of us are actually up here on the front lines, doing the job everyday, FOR FREE!
"EX"="HAS-BEEN! "
Frank

Queens Village, NY

#4 Mar 26, 2008
SmokeEatinHero wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us are actually up here on the front lines, doing the job everyday, FOR FREE!
"EX"="HAS-BEEN! "
Wow lots of hostility....by doing it for free do you me drinking in your firehouses, running red lights for no reason with your cool blue siren (how can I be cool with one like that) killing people with taxes to build un-necessary firehouses, etc....when you deal with real fire issues like the FDNY then you can open your mouth. Malverne should be proud of those cops they did what had to be done. If a women had been in there and died they would have taken the flak not the drunk volunteeers. I mean they couldnt wait for the firemen because who knows how long they would have taken to get there stopping for beer and fighting with citizens because they were drunk!!!!!!!!!!

“There's Only One ME!”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#5 Mar 26, 2008
SmokeEatinHero wrote:
Here we go again.
These two TRAINED PROFESSIONALS (they are PAID) had to do your job! You guys kept falling over the kegs.
Johnny Pee

AOL

#6 Mar 26, 2008
SmokEatinFatso the police were called in because the fireman where at the firehouse drinking the left over's from St. Patrick's Day. Your a total idiot, I just hope I have get to lock your drink azz up. Your a volley who tried to make it in the FDNY and got waashed out on the 2nd day. Malverne PD are one of the best in the county.
Col Gary

Marco Island, FL

#7 Mar 26, 2008
SmokeEatingFatso is nothing but krap. He is no fireman, just a wan-a-be. His only interest in fire is eating the burnt left overs at kentucky Fried Chicken. If he is a fireman, he has the mentalitly that I suspect is an arsonest, to be the first to drive the big red truck, role aroung in the soot and water and look for a camera. Bet he's a bed wetter. Those are signs of mental disorders that should be watched. What do you think Fatso, call in any false alarms lately...
Col Gary

Marco Island, FL

#8 Mar 26, 2008
Good Job Malverne Hero's, thank God you are both okay and no one was harmed. You two did the right thing.
Malv Res

Salisbury, CT

#9 Mar 27, 2008
SmokeEatinHero wrote:
Here we go again.
The "Trained Professionals" were still on the couch next to you while these cops were knocking down the door. I like to think if you were in their shoes, you would have done the same thing.
OHHH...Maybe not...You being a TRAINED PROFESSIONAL would have known the house was unoccupied.
Jerk!
Ex Capt 712

Saint Petersburg, FL

#10 Mar 27, 2008
SmokeEatinHero wrote:
<quoted text>
"EX"="HAS-BEEN! "
This post shows that you are obviously not even vaguely familiar with the Volunteer Fire Service. I am an "Ex-Capt." only because my term of office expired. You become a Fire Fighter again, but retain the title of office in the "Ex" capacity...Ex-Capt, Ex. Lieut. Ex-Chief, etc. But you wouldn't know that because you don't have any affiliation with a volunteer FD. You just sit behind your computer driviling out your vitriolic garbage. So get up off your posterior and join Bellmore VFD. Do something for your community. And by the way, there's a great sandwich shop over on Jerusalem Ave. near the Southern State Pkwy overpass appropriately named "My Hero". Stop in and have yourself a MEATBALL hero or two. It fits your profile to a "T".
P.S. Remember..a hero ain't nuthin' but a sandwich.....
Big Red

New York, NY

#11 Mar 28, 2008
Frank wrote:
Malverne should be proud of those cops they did what had to be done. If a women had been in there and died they would have taken the flak not the drunk volunteeers. I mean they couldnt wait for the firemen because who knows how long they would have taken to get there stopping for beer and fighting with citizens because they were drunk!!!!!!!!!!
What a bunch of morons. Talk about a blanket statement. Did the cops do a good job, yes - they had a report that someone might be home so they did what a lot of guys would have - run in. Was it smart, of course not but they made a valiant effort. Secondly Nobody here mentioned that AFTER THE FIRE DEPT WAS NOTIFIED it took less than 2 minutes for the Chief to get on scene and one minute later the first due engine with a full crew was on scene. Less than 5 minutes after being notified they were hooked up to the hydrant, operating 2 LINES and putting water on the fire - so good job Malverne FD and PD. You other bunch of idiots should never be calling the fire department because you hate them so much - Jerkoffs!!!!!

“There's Only One ME!”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#12 Mar 28, 2008
Big Red wrote:
<quoted text>
You other bunch of idiots should never be calling the fire department because you hate them so much - Jerkoffs!!!!!
Another intelligent statement by a wannabe Vollie???? I thought so!
Frank

Queens Village, NY

#13 Mar 28, 2008
Big Red wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of morons. Talk about a blanket statement. Did the cops do a good job, yes - they had a report that someone might be home so they did what a lot of guys would have - run in. Was it smart, of course not but they made a valiant effort. Secondly Nobody here mentioned that AFTER THE FIRE DEPT WAS NOTIFIED it took less than 2 minutes for the Chief to get on scene and one minute later the first due engine with a full crew was on scene. Less than 5 minutes after being notified they were hooked up to the hydrant, operating 2 LINES and putting water on the fire - so good job Malverne FD and PD. You other bunch of idiots should never be calling the fire department because you hate them so much - Jerkoffs!!!!!
OHHH Big Red....tough guy vollie....we would be better served by a real fire department. Yeah it might cost us but we are already paying for these volunteers to get nice perks and do nothing but be big red fatasses.
Thank you Malverne Police

United States

#14 Mar 28, 2008
How bored and miserable you must be to sit at a computer and criticize two police men for an incredibly selfless and heroic act. That was my Grandmother's home and our entire family is forever thankful for the brave actions of those 2 police officers. If you are told someone is possibly inside a burning home would you take the chance??? As far as being "untrained" there is no training that can help you predict if someone is inside a burning house...it's called being HUMAN in a life or death situation. Thank you Malverne Police and Fire Departments!
big red

New York, NY

#15 Mar 28, 2008
What are these so called perks?
Ayrton Senna

East Northport, NY

#16 Mar 28, 2008
Johnny Pee wrote:
SmokEatinFatso the police were called in because the fireman where at the firehouse drinking the left over's from St. Patrick's Day. Your a total idiot, I just hope I have get to lock your drink azz up. Your a volley who tried to make it in the FDNY and got waashed out on the 2nd day. Malverne PD are one of the best in the county.
I'm sorry...the Malverne Police Dept are one of the best in the country??? What's reasoning behind that statement? Could it be either you or a family member are associated with the Malverne PD and are quite biased in their favor? Yeah, that's the only valid explanation for your off-the-wall statement.
Jeff Andrade

Gig Harbor, WA

#17 Apr 18, 2009
Its probably too late to be worth much,but i just wanted to mention that i know of at least one malverne pd officer that is also a volunteer fireman in malverne and i believe there are more.I grew up across the street from him and he is a life long malverne resident and has been a volly for quite some time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malverne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers Thu WasteWater 80
News Shirley massage therapists arrested for offerin... (Apr '08) Jul 27 Cash In Pocket 200
News Garden City Village board to vote on law to ban... Jul 27 Faylinn 2
News Queens man arrested in 10 Nassau burglaries, co... Jul 27 Go Blue Forever 2
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Jul 26 silly rabbit 81
News Ben Affleck and the debate for Reparation conti... (Apr '15) Jul 25 Mexican Lottery W... 27
women would you castrate you husbands? (Oct '14) Jul 25 James 20

Malverne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Malverne Mortgages