Malverne officer charged in DWI after...

Malverne officer charged in DWI after accident -- Police

There are 26 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 7, 2008, titled Malverne officer charged in DWI after accident -- Police. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Malverne police officer was suspended without pay after his drunken driving arrest by Nassau police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jonny john

New York, NY

#2 Apr 7, 2008
God, i love drunk drivers
ya got to love em

just can't stop them from doing what they love, driving drunk!
Bill

New York, NY

#3 Apr 7, 2008
2001 Hyundai... nice ride!
bubba

Pompano Beach, FL

#5 Apr 7, 2008
Great to see a cop from Malverne get nailed like this. They are the toughest cops on the island; good to see a Nassau cop got to get back at them finally! No one is above the law anymore.
Realist

Smyrna, GA

#6 Apr 7, 2008
He gets suspended? Heck, I lost my job for smoking weed when I was off the clock! This guy drives his fancy Hyundai into a tree and all he gets is suspension? Where is the justice???
Typical

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Apr 7, 2008
Another example of cops breaking the laws they get paid to enforce.
mbm

Hempstead, NY

#9 Apr 7, 2008
Realist wrote:
He gets suspended? Heck, I lost my job for smoking weed when I was off the clock! This guy drives his fancy Hyundai into a tree and all he gets is suspension? Where is the justice???
LOL! Hilarious post!
...his fancy Hyundai...... too funny!
KirkHere

Oceanside, NY

#10 Apr 7, 2008
At such a young age of 32 this man hopefully will realize that he is a very sick person and seek the help he needs to stop drinking and get on with his life. It is time for this man to sign himself into a hospital that treats alcoholism. Even a tough cop has to either admit that an ounce of amber colored liquid has kicked his butt or he can do nothing and continue to let an ounce of amber colored liquid kick his butt.
You move Officer Sattali. Time to either get humble or time to die. Alcoholism is a progressively fatal illness and one heck of a painful way to die. Hopefully this cop will pick up a phone and make a telephone call. These people have been treating cops with the disease of alcoholism for over 20 years and they have the answers a man like Sattali needs to find.

http://www.thenewdirection.com/

P.S. Officer Sattali you have helped a lot of people in your career. Let others now help you.
KirkHere

Oceanside, NY

#11 Apr 7, 2008
Typical wrote:
Another example of cops breaking the laws they get paid to enforce.
Actually this is simply another example of one of the 10 million people in this nation that suffer from the fatal disease of alcoholism. A disease that most people like yourself do not understand. If this story had been about this 32 year old Officer having brain cancer you would be posting your sympathy. Well the disease of alcoholism affects more people and kills more people than cancer.
Screw Him

Edison, NJ

#12 Apr 7, 2008
KirkHere wrote:
At such a young age of 32 this man hopefully will realize that he is a very sick person and seek the help he needs to stop drinking and get on with his life. It is time for this man to sign himself into a hospital that treats alcoholism. Even a tough cop has to either admit that an ounce of amber colored liquid has kicked his butt or he can do nothing and continue to let an ounce of amber colored liquid kick his butt.
You move Officer Sattali. Time to either get humble or time to die. Alcoholism is a progressively fatal illness and one heck of a painful way to die. Hopefully this cop will pick up a phone and make a telephone call. These people have been treating cops with the disease of alcoholism for over 20 years and they have the answers a man like Sattali needs to find.
http://www.thenewdirection.com/
P.S. Officer Sattali you have helped a lot of people in your career. Let others now help you.
With the money he's making there is no excuse for what he did. You know that there's some guy in the NYPD that didn't get that job and isn't a lush who breaks the law. And I'm surprised it wasn't covered up, as there is one boss in Nassau who cracked his car up drunk and it was hush hush.
Rosemarie

Omaha, NE

#13 Apr 7, 2008
He was treated at a hospital and released. If that was anyone of us they'd be halling your butt to the police station after the hospital for the DWI. You'd need to stay overnight and appear for an arraingment. Because he's a cop he gets released and was probably just issued a summons to appear in court.
It was a holiday

Warren, NJ

#15 Apr 7, 2008
Give the officer a break - it was one of the 200 holidays that the Malverne cops get - and he was just celebrating.
Irish Nanny

Seattle, WA

#16 Apr 7, 2008
Malverne cops are the worst scum on LI. They think they are Troopers and are notorious ball breakers. One pulled me over '05 for no apparent reason. He called it a safety check--I'll leave out his name for now-- After not being able to come up with a valid reason for pulling me over, he handed me back my license and let me go. I filed a complaint but never heard anything again. Beware when driving in Malverne, especially Ocean Avenue. They are like cockroaches...
come on

Lindenhurst, NY

#19 Apr 7, 2008
Irish Nanny wrote:
Malverne cops are the worst scum on LI. They think they are Troopers and are notorious ball breakers. One pulled me over '05 for no apparent reason. He called it a safety check--I'll leave out his name for now-- After not being able to come up with a valid reason for pulling me over, he handed me back my license and let me go. I filed a complaint but never heard anything again. Beware when driving in Malverne, especially Ocean Avenue. They are like cockroaches...
The only speeding ticket I ever got in my life was in Malverne,(On Ocean Ave., just got off of the Southern State Parkway)(not to say I am perfect and have never sped before). But, I had JUST moved from Suffolk Co. to Long Beach (L.B. cops, ya gotta love them too), I didn't realize the speed limit changed so drastically on Ocean Ave, because of the school, I got nailed for going 30miles an hour in a 20mile speed zone...I can tell you this, from that ticket, I slow down to about 15miles an hour whenever I am in any school zone....I guess the ticket helped...it made me aware of something that I wasn't before, and I never did get another ticket, on Ocean Ave. or anywhere.
typical

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Apr 7, 2008
KirkHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually this is simply another example of one of the 10 million people in this nation that suffer from the fatal disease of alcoholism. A disease that most people like yourself do not understand. If this story had been about this 32 year old Officer having brain cancer you would be posting your sympathy. Well the disease of alcoholism affects more people and kills more people than cancer.
Oh stop it. You don't know this guy from a hole in the wall. He's just an another irresponsible cop who thinks he's above the law.
NYPDidddy

East Hampton, NY

#21 Apr 7, 2008
We are above the law.......we carry
And if you don't know what that means you better behave..........HaHaHa
CtJester

United States

#22 Apr 9, 2008
Too many cop haters here! I agree that he shouldn't be drinking and driving. Poor Judgement and luckily no innocent bystanders were hurt. As for all of the cop haters who are complaininig about the pay and benefits of cops, everyone has/had the opportunity to take the police test. You must have made the wrong career choice if you are not happy with your pay. Not only, how many of you have the privilege of spending holidays, children's functions and birthdays with their family when most officers are. That alone is a sacrafice let alone putting your life on the line! Unlike the 9-5er's, weekends and holiday off workers. Yes, I am an officer, proud former NYPD and current County officer. NYPD deserves more money and respect as do all officers!
malverne resident

East Hampton, NY

#23 Apr 9, 2008
Malverne cops also assault teenagers!
Slow Down

Dover, NJ

#24 Apr 9, 2008
come on wrote:
<quoted text> The only speeding ticket I ever got in my life was in Malverne,(On Ocean Ave., just got off of the Southern State Parkway)(not to say I am perfect and have never sped before). But, I had JUST moved from Suffolk Co. to Long Beach (L.B. cops, ya gotta love them too), I didn't realize the speed limit changed so drastically on Ocean Ave, because of the school, I got nailed for going 30miles an hour in a 20mile speed zone...I can tell you this, from that ticket, I slow down to about 15miles an hour whenever I am in any school zone....I guess the ticket helped...it made me aware of something that I wasn't before, and I never did get another ticket, on Ocean Ave. or anywhere.
Me too! I strictly adhere to the school zone speed limits near all schools. Why does it seem like we are the only two drivers on the face of the earth that do?
Drunk

Holtsville, NY

#25 Apr 10, 2008
So he got drunk and wrapped his car around a tree at 6am then tried to get his cop buddies to cover it up, what's the big deal? His defense that he wasn't driving, but can't remember who was because he was in an alcoholic blackout sounds good to me. Besides, He's got a shield, he's a "hero". Brought to you by the same Police department that gets overtime for working on Harriet Tubman day.
SMITTY

Corona, NY

#26 Apr 26, 2008
Sattali is a low life. He's unprofessional like most of the Malverne Cops. He dresses like a bum doesnt know how to use the job computer and thinks he is owed free drinks at the local pubs because hes on the job. Not to mention he's a fireMO so he can drink for free at the taxpayers expense. Just like me
Law Code and Code Section/Subsection
VTL 1192.3 03 *** TOP CHARGE ***
Charge Detail
Unclassified Misdemeanor, 1 count, Arrest charge, Arraignment charge
Description: OP MV WHILE INTOXICATED 1
Appearance
Detail --C7, May 12, 2008 Pending No Type ARR B, April 9, 2008 Cash $500 (Cash) Desk Appearance Ticket CASE CONTINUED (ADJOURNED)
ODDS ON FAVORITE TO BE NEXT FOR DWI IS THE JEEP DRIVING MALVERNE COP AND THE OTHER HALF OF THE DUO OF "MUTT & JEFF"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malverne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cops: Latin King slain in Queens (Apr '07) Dec 1 KING LITE 328
US Hells angels war on American women and child... (Feb '10) Nov 30 GodofUSAHellsangels 305
Alpha Omega Theta Fraternity (Aug '09) Nov 30 Douglas Sprague 19
Harveys Lake Pa Nov 30 charly 1
Old Freeport Hospital (Oct '14) Nov 29 JHV 6
Debate: Gay Marriage - Malverne, NY (Jan '12) Feb '14 Linda 3
News Election Day, Church Fair and Lynbrook Village ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 tommy deely 1

Malverne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Malverne Mortgages