Man robs Malverne bank

Man robs Malverne bank

There are 19 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 18, 2008, titled Man robs Malverne bank. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Malverne bank was robbed Friday by a man who handed a bank teller a threatening note demanding money, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Wow

Allentown, NJ

#1 Jul 18, 2008
I think its time for medal detectors in banks!!
Grace of God

Bridgeport, CT

#2 Jul 18, 2008
Im starting to lose count,,How many in Nassau this month. Guess were losing interest in looking for real crooks. Hold off on donating anything to this County until they put the wheels on right.
lifetime

AOL

#3 Jul 18, 2008
why don't they go back to having a security guard gain like years ago. I always remember when I entered a bank there was a security guy. but this time have them protecting the banks from up above in view of people.
Crazy World We Live In

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Jul 18, 2008
lifetime wrote:
why don't they go back to having a security guard gain like years ago. I always remember when I entered a bank there was a security guy. but this time have them protecting the banks from up above in view of people.
Build banks with a vestibule that has a double set of doors - one leading in from the street and another leading into the bank area where staff and customers are doing their business.

Have a remote locking mechanism behind the teller counter both sets of doors. During a holdup, automatically lock the outer doors leading to the street and when the robber makes his or her exit into the vestibule through the inner doors, LOCK THEM. Now they're trapped inside the vestibule until police arrive. Their escape is thwarted and customers and staff are safe inside while the thug is locked up, like the caged animal that they are until the cops get there.

Oh and all the glass must be bullet proof of course.
lifetime

AOL

#5 Jul 18, 2008
crazy world, you are so right. because it's so easy to rob now.
Donnie Darko

Huntington, NY

#6 Jul 18, 2008
I think it's al quaida!
Dean from the Bronx

Westbury, NY

#7 Jul 18, 2008
Male, in his twenties, stripped shirt and sungleasses.

Is that all?

Newsday what race was he?

Police Sketch ?
RobinHood

Lakewood, NJ

#8 Jul 19, 2008
What a shame robbing from the rich to pay the poor.
RobinHood

Lakewood, NJ

#9 Jul 19, 2008
lifetime wrote:
Bank of America is too cheap on human life to pay to protect customers and staff.
poconoweeze

Palmerton, PA

#10 Jul 19, 2008
maybe he was mad cause they give credit cards and mortgages to illegals.
Rob

Queens Village, NY

#11 Jul 19, 2008
Crazy World We Live In wrote:
<quoted text>
Build banks with a vestibule that has a double set of doors - one leading in from the street and another leading into the bank area where staff and customers are doing their business.
Have a remote locking mechanism behind the teller counter both sets of doors. During a holdup, automatically lock the outer doors leading to the street and when the robber makes his or her exit into the vestibule through the inner doors, LOCK THEM. Now they're trapped inside the vestibule until police arrive. Their escape is thwarted and customers and staff are safe inside while the thug is locked up, like the caged animal that they are until the cops get there.
Oh and all the glass must be bullet proof of course.
I definitely love that idea, but I've heard in the past that banks write this "stuff" off as an expense. It's just part of business. Police only want color cameras if possible. That locking vestibule is brilliant, but costs too much money.
HighPlainSphinct er

Milford, CT

#12 Jul 19, 2008
Wow wrote:
I think its time for medal detectors in banks!!
My godd you are fking dumb
Rob Casey

Flanders, NJ

#13 Jul 19, 2008
Where's the photo surveillance? Are they going to wait another 2 weeks to release it? Was this caucasian, black ... hispanic ... so what's with journalists being afraid of publishing a suspect's race ... report the news without all this PC crap ... grow some Kahunas!
Rob Casey

Flanders, NJ

#14 Jul 19, 2008
lifetime wrote:
And give the security guards GUNS and a DECENT PAYCHECK - WE'LL SEE THE BANK ROBBERY RATE DROP ... ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. ISn't anyone else fed up with thsi crap? Where are the Nassau Keystone coppers?
George Turner

Totowa, NJ

#15 Jul 19, 2008
95% of these jokers just write a
note and have no weapon.
If it was a bit harder, they would
not do it. There should be signs
on all banks stating
" WE ONLY PAY ARMED ROBBERS - PLEASE
DISPLAY YOUR WEAPONS PRIOR TO
THE HOLDUP "
That would be a great solution to the
rash of bank robberies.
christina

New Milford, NJ

#16 Jul 19, 2008
what a shame that people need to rob banks for money. what they need is to get jobs and a good whippin!
Joan

Totowa, NJ

#17 Jul 19, 2008
Ever go in WAMU? You should before
they go under. Most of their
branches have no tellers cages and
the only way to get money is
via machine after putting in your
code that the attendant gives you.
It is far too time consuming to even
consider robbing one of these places.
Wow

Allentown, NJ

#18 Jul 19, 2008
HighPlainSphincter wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that make you? Gay?
Carlos Rivera

Lodi, NJ

#19 Jul 19, 2008
HighPlainSphincter wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO thinking the same thing!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malverne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cops: Latin King slain in Queens (Apr '07) Dec 1 KING LITE 328
US Hells angels war on American women and child... (Feb '10) Nov 30 GodofUSAHellsangels 305
Alpha Omega Theta Fraternity (Aug '09) Nov 30 Douglas Sprague 19
Harveys Lake Pa Nov 30 charly 1
Old Freeport Hospital (Oct '14) Nov 29 JHV 6
Debate: Gay Marriage - Malverne, NY (Jan '12) Feb '14 Linda 3
News Election Day, Church Fair and Lynbrook Village ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 tommy deely 1

Malverne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Malverne Mortgages