Census workers fan out across LI ahead of 2010 Census

There are 4 comments on the May 6, 2009, Newsday story titled Census workers fan out across LI ahead of 2010 Census. In it, Newsday reports that:

In this first week of the U.S. Census Bureau's address canvassing on Long Island , bureau officials said residents are being receptive as workers verify addresses in preparation for the 2010 Census.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

A census crew leader

Wenham, MA

#1 May 7, 2009
Our experience elsewhere has been that this work will only take 3 weeks or so. 25,000 addresses for 20 people = 1,250 addresses per person. 5 minutes per address X 1,250 addresses per worker = 6,250 minutes / worker = 104 hours = less than 3 weeks of work.

If you are a census crew member, you may want to consider either sandbagging the work if your crew leader is cooperative, or start looking for new work that starts about 3 weeks after your training ends.

The census has made a serious error in their public estimates of the amount of work to be done.
dont think so

Bronx, NY

#2 May 7, 2009
I can't imagine too many people on this island answering their doors for some unknown person.
don t say4

Brooklyn, NY

#3 May 7, 2009
Census workers are nothing more then your nosy neighbors prying into your business.
Balto

Norwalk, CT

#4 May 7, 2009
An accurate count of a rented single-family house on Long Island jammed to the rafters with illegal aliens will not be possible.

Now multiply that by thousands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malverne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mosque at old Citibank location on Bedford?` 9 min Nick Pascalli 3
News Ben Affleck and the debate for Reparation conti... 2 hr ha ha 25
News Ghost bikes: A decade of quietly remembering th... 7 hr Ace of Spades 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) 21 hr drhuni 26
News Nassau's Fifth Police Precinct in Elmont reopens 23 hr Just Saying 4
News Bellmore bank robbery suspect had been deported... (Jun '08) Fri mjjcpa 19
Debate: Gay Marriage - Malverne, NY (Jan '12) Feb '14 Linda 3
More from around the web

Malverne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE