Remembering Jim Croce 40 years on

There are 8 comments on the Aug 17, 2013, WXPN-FM Philadelphia story titled Remembering Jim Croce 40 years on. In it, WXPN-FM Philadelphia reports that:

The legendary Philly singer-songwriter Jim Croce , who had a string of hit songs in the early to mid-Seventies with songs like "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown," "Time In A Bottle," and "You Don't Mess Around with Jim", lost his life too early, on September 20th, 1973 in a plane crash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXPN-FM Philadelphia.

Danni Louise

Coatesville, PA

#1 Sep 19, 2013
It's always sad when we lose any talented person, be it singer, songwriter, actor/actress. His loss was felt by everyone and is missed.

Since: Jun 08

originally Folcroft

#2 Nov 5, 2013
I was a kid when he died. I remember, my music teacher at Delcroft Elementary, apparently, was a friend of the family and knew him well. We were in class when someone came and told her he had passed, and she just fell apart. It was pretty traumatic for a classroom full of elementary school kids.
Holotta Wytrache

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Nov 7, 2013
Croce was white trash. I'm glad he's dead.
takes 1 2 know 1

Southbury, CT

#4 Nov 7, 2013
amirite?
U Darby Disability Dude

Norwood, PA

#5 Nov 8, 2013
I listen to Croce in my '79 Dodge Tradesman Van. Going to be in Pilgrim Gardens tonight!!!
ChesterCoNative

Douglassville, PA

#6 Feb 11, 2015
Does anyone know the address of the Croce's rented farmhouse that appears in the "Time in a Bottle" video? http://youtu.be/QTfwbtVVtAY
This is the farmhouse they moved to after the Lyndell, PA farmhouse apt.
Frank Rizzle

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Feb 12, 2015
ChesterCoNative wrote:
Does anyone know the address of the Croce's rented farmhouse that appears in the "Time in a Bottle" video? http://youtu.be/QTfwbtVVtAY
This is the farmhouse they moved to after the Lyndell, PA farmhouse apt.
Shut up, you balding loser. He's dead. Move on. He sucked when he was alive anyway. Nobody wants to relive your sleazy memories. You probably look like Meathead from All In The Family.
shizzle

San Francisco, CA

#8 Feb 13, 2015
Frank Rizzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up, you balding loser. He's dead. Move on. He sucked when he was alive anyway. Nobody wants to relive your sleazy memories. You probably look like Meathead from All In The Family.
You take it in the mouth also schmucko. Burn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malvern Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Acme Markets $55 Million Monopoly Game is RIGGED (Jan '14) Apr 20 Tyler Durden 36
malvern resident won big on wheel of fortune Apr 18 Jeep12873 1
A Minus for East Sie Flats Equals a Minus for M... Mar '15 Mike 7
Review: Wagsworth Manor Pet Resort (May '09) Mar '15 Anna 67
$1M Veterans Way Home Just Listed in Malvern Mar '15 Disappointed at ESF 1
News Oscar noms Strathairn and McDonnell star in 'Ch... Feb '15 princess12 1
fast and reliable pain n anxiety meds Dec '14 helping PA 1
More from around the web

Malvern People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]