Democratic hopefuls in Pennsylvania -...

Democratic hopefuls in Pennsylvania -- Politics, Northampton Co...

There are 23 comments on the The Morning Call story from Apr 9, 2008, titled Democratic hopefuls in Pennsylvania -- Politics, Northampton Co.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

With the war in Iraq dominating the headlines, Barack Obama reminded a crowd of about 1,500 at a high school in the heart of Republican Chester County that besides costing thousands of American lives, the war ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TRIPLE K

East Greenville, PA

#2 Apr 9, 2008
I get a charge out of Flapjack big eared hot chocolate, saying he doesnt take money from the Oil companies, neither can any candidate BY LAW, so whats in your wallet Hussien Obmamma mamma, and I hope the people arent snowed by your crap....and he says that he doesnt take money, I told you he a used car salesman, and how many can you trust of them!!!
Why Obama Why

Schnecksville, PA

#4 Apr 9, 2008
I get a kick out of how he spent 20+ years with a hateful pastor, and is seen giving speeches with home-grown terrorists who acknowlege bombing the NYC police statio, the pentagon, etc. He also does not salute our flag and will not cite the pledge of allegiance. How did he even get in the race for president?? Oh, that,s right the race is about race. He thinks he's entitled to be president!
DRM

Allentown, PA

#5 Apr 9, 2008
It's funny how Triple K can throw out racial slurs and watch GW pimp out this country for 8 years. The oil companies made a killing and dug into our wallets, not one of GW's cronies said a word yet you want to insult a man who happens to be black to challenge the system so you and I can drive, support our families, pay our bills and live a decent life. You must had IQ of a bag of rocks. Dude..wake up will you. Log off you computer and make some sense please.
DRM

Allentown, PA

#6 Apr 9, 2008
I hateful Pastor? Hateful? are you kidding me? He was out of bounds in his speach, I give you that. but he's not hateful. He spoke of some truth that white America doesn't have to deal with on a daily basis.

I agree that he was wrong in his dialogue, but Hateful...I don't think so. Hateful is when someone is killed, promotes violence against another race...now that's hateful. Read a history book. then we can talk hate.

Obama denounced the prastors statement publicly, and it seem som Americans are just looking for a reason. Stick with the real problem. We are getting killed at the pumps. Jobs are going overseas, leaving us here with little or no jobs at all. Our tax dollars are funding big corporate, and this war is being run poorly. And that just all we know what now...and you want to talk about a pastor who's retired??? Geeze...what a bunch of idiots on here.
NostraTimus

Tucson, AZ

#7 Apr 9, 2008
This totally self-inflicted, bleeding, mortal wound of a Democrat Primary season is is the coolest thing to watch on TV now.

Everyday there is is a new implosion.

April 3, 2008, 2:20 pm
Air America Host Suspended for Clinton Remarks
By Brian Stelter
Randi Rhodes, an afternoon host for the progressive Air America radio network, was suspended Thursday after repeatedly insulting Senator Hillary Rotten Clinton at an event last month.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/03...

It is is like a giant Snowball of hate rolling down the Rocky Mountains towards Denver. The DNC Convention will be crushed and completely destroyed by the misguided emotions of it’s own members.

I can’t wait to watch it all unfold on Fox News. Hannity and O’Reilly will have field days.
Been there

Schnecksville, PA

#9 Apr 9, 2008
Idiots?? God D__m America, United states of KKK? not hateful??. Get your head out of yur a$$. Bama has you as one of his moonies, I see. Give me just one example of good he has done in his long "carrer". Somehow, I disagree with him that he is "entitled" to be president. Hope he chokes. And by the way, please do not assume I have not expeienced anything. Assumption is the mother of all PHuck ups.
DRM wrote:
I hateful Pastor? Hateful? are you kidding me? He was out of bounds in his speach, I give you that. but he's not hateful. He spoke of some truth that white America doesn't have to deal with on a daily basis.
I agree that he was wrong in his dialogue, but Hateful...I don't think so. Hateful is when someone is killed, promotes violence against another race...now that's hateful. Read a history book. then we can talk hate.
Obama denounced the prastors statement publicly, and it seem som Americans are just looking for a reason. Stick with the real problem. We are getting killed at the pumps. Jobs are going overseas, leaving us here with little or no jobs at all. Our tax dollars are funding big corporate, and this war is being run poorly. And that just all we know what now...and you want to talk about a pastor who's retired??? Geeze...what a bunch of idiots on here.
Bob

Fogelsville, PA

#10 Apr 9, 2008
NostraTimus wrote:
This totally self-inflicted, bleeding, mortal wound of a Democrat Primary season is is the coolest thing to watch on TV now.
Everyday there is is a new implosion.
April 3, 2008, 2:20 pm
Air America Host Suspended for Clinton Remarks
By Brian Stelter
Randi Rhodes, an afternoon host for the progressive Air America radio network, was suspended Thursday after repeatedly insulting Senator Hillary Rotten Clinton at an event last month.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/03...
It is is like a giant Snowball of hate rolling down the Rocky Mountains towards Denver. The DNC Convention will be crushed and completely destroyed by the misguided emotions of it’s own members.
I can’t wait to watch it all unfold on Fox News. Hannity and O’Reilly will have field days.
I'm enjoying watching the news that John McCain called his wife a "C U N T" in public break. That should play well with the female GOP voters. He called her a "trollop" too, but the "C" word is just so much better. What a gentleman that McCain is. No wonder the woman was a pill popper.
rangerover

United States

#11 Apr 9, 2008
Nostra; a good man that makes it to this point like Barack Obama won't be beat by attacks that miss the point of this election. Karl Rove types are being exposed for who they really are. The Democratic party has grown at twice the pace of your buddies that Fox supports. The real conservatives in this country will vote Democrat this year because they want to clean the slime off of the halls in Congress and the White House.
No Bama

Schnecksville, PA

#12 Apr 9, 2008
The Democratic party has grown by 47000 in PA, due to GOP switching to vote in the primary and then back for the general election. You think they jumped ship?? They only jumped to torpedo yours!! HA HA HA HA can't wait to see you Bama moonies standing there holding your D___ks in Nov!!
Points To Ponder

United States

#13 Apr 9, 2008
Charley Reese has been a journalist for 49 years, reporting on everything from sports to politics. From 1969-71, he worked as a campaign staffer for gubernatorial, senatorial and congressional races in several states. He was an editor, assistant to the publisher, and columnist for the Orlando Sentinel from 1971 to 2001.

He now writes a syndicated column which is carried on Lew Rockwell. com.

Reese served two years active duty in the U.S.

Army as a tank gunner

THE 545 PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR AMERICA'S WOES

BY CHARLEY REESE

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits? Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does. You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does. You and I don't write the tax code. Congress does. You and I don't set fiscal policy. Congress does. You and I don't control monetary policy. The Federal Reserve Bank does.

;

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president and nine Supreme Court justices - 545 human beings out of the 300 million - are directly, legally, morally and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered but private central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman or a president to do one cotton- picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it.

No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

A CONFIDENCE CONSPIRACY

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a SPEAKER, who stood up and criticized G.W. BUSH for creating deficits.

The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it. The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes.

Who is the speaker of the House? She is the leader of the majority party . She and fellow Democrats, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto.
Points To Ponder

United States

#14 Apr 9, 2008
REPLACE THE SCOUNDRELS

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts - of incompetence and irresponsibility.

I can't think of a single domestic problem, from an unfair tax code to defense overruns, that is not traceable directly to those 545 people

When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair. If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red. If the Marines are in IRAQ, it's because they want them in IRAQ.

There are no insoluble government problems. Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power.

Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exist disembodied mystical forces like "the economy", "inflation" or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, have the power. They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses - provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees. We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess.
anytownusa

El Dorado Springs, MO

#15 Apr 9, 2008
Why Obama Why wrote:
I get a kick out of how he spent 20+ years with a hateful pastor, and is seen giving speeches with home-grown terrorists who acknowlege bombing the NYC police statio, the pentagon, etc. He also does not salute our flag and will not cite the pledge of allegiance. How did he even get in the race for president?? Oh, that,s right the race is about race. He thinks he's entitled to be president!
He has lead the pledge of allegiance many times in congress--sorry you're wrong!! And please who admits to bombing the WTC??? When did he not salute the flag and since when do we salute the flag??? When was the last time you saluted the flag????
Points To Ponder

United States

#16 Apr 9, 2008
REPLACE THE SCOUNDRELS

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts - of incompetence and irresponsibility.

I can't think of a single domestic problem, from an unfair tax code to defense overruns, that is not traceable directly to those 545 people

When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair. If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red. If the Marines are in IRAQ, it's because they want them in IRAQ.

There are no insoluble government problems. Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power.

Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exist disembodied mystical forces like "the economy", "inflation" or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, have the power. They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses - provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees. We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess.
anytownusa

El Dorado Springs, MO

#17 Apr 9, 2008
Obama gets our vote.
Hillary lacks the common sense to leave Bill Clinton (after 30+ years!)and fire Penn.

Hillary lacks foresight to remember there are videos about the lack of sniper fire in Bosnia. She lacks temperance.

She lacks experience except when it comes to attending teas and museums.
Hillary lies about Rezko corruption, NAFTA, CAFTA, Bosnia, Ireland, Monica etc---need I go on???

Clintons donate 10 million dollars to their own foundation--not to charity--Bill accepts $800,000 in speaking fees from a group boosting the agreement--go ahead!!

Vote for Hillary and shoot yourself in the foot!!
ttttt

Southgate, MI

#18 Apr 9, 2008
Why Obama Why wrote:
I get a kick out of how he spent 20+ years with a hateful pastor, and is seen giving speeches with home-grown terrorists who acknowlege bombing the NYC police statio, the pentagon, etc. He also does not salute our flag and will not cite the pledge of allegiance. How did he even get in the race for president?? Oh, that,s right the race is about race. He thinks he's entitled to be president!
pkus --he wants to pull out of iraq----well noone likes the war but if we leave now we'll just be giving it to iran-----iran must be stopped now
Andrew G

Allen, TX

#20 Apr 9, 2008
“Obama fielded one foreign policy question, on how he would fix America's image abroad.

His answer went back in part to the issue of Iraq, saying that if the U.S. pulls its troops out, it will strengthen the U.S. economy, and place the country on stronger international footing.

'If our economy declines then over time our military power will decline as well,' Obama said.”

Obama's answer to this question was very strange. He was asked about fixing America's image abroad and his answer was about our economy. Apparently, he thinks that strengthening our economy will put us on stronger international footing. Unfortunately, our image has nothing to do with our economy.

Many countries feel that the Iraq war has made the world a more dangerous place and support for the U.S.-led fight against terrorism has also declined. A number of foreigners see some of the political decisions our government has made as one-sided, aggressive, and self-centered.

We have to strengthen our alliances with other countries, by addressing these concerns, in order to improve our image. Sometimes, I wonder whether Obama understands the issues facing our country.
Obama 4 Prez

Anderson, IN

#21 Apr 9, 2008
Been there wrote:
Idiots?? God D__m America, United states of KKK? not hateful??. Get your head out of yur a$$. Bama has you as one of his moonies, I see. Give me just one example of good he has done in his long "carrer". Somehow, I disagree with him that he is "entitled" to be president. Hope he chokes. And by the way, please do not assume I have not expeienced anything. Assumption is the mother of all PHuck ups.
<quoted text>
It's obvious you haven't "experienced" a spelling book while in grade school...huh?
DRM

Allentown, PA

#22 Apr 9, 2008
Like I said Been There. He was wrong for that statement, but the USA has it's history, and he attempting to bring some issues that some American try to deny. Again...It's not hate. Did he mention killing anyone? Has he even been a member of the Klan, or some malitia group aimed at blowing up buildings?

As I said, he was wrong..not correct for that statement. Now speaking of the KKK. NOw that hate my friend.

Now stick with what really wrong with this country, and it's not Obama's pastor. Stop reaching..you seem to be brainwashed by the Bush Administration.
Normal Ed

Bethlehem, PA

#23 Apr 10, 2008
DRM wrote:
Stop reaching..you seem to be brainwashed by the Bush Administration.
Speaking of brainwashed by Bush It's a joke to see the old codger McSame flip flop the last 20 years of his political life.

•He used to oppose Bush’s tax cuts for the very wealthy... Flipped

•His opposition to torture...Flop

•campaign-finance reform...Flip

•was anti-ethanol. Now he’s pro-ethanol...Flop

•was both for and against state promotion of the Confederate flag..Flippity Floppity

John McCain has no principle beliefs!

He's the perfect Republicon Manchuria candidate.

I can't wait till November to see most of those Neocon bums tossed out of the House and Senate. Then we can start to bring them up on charges of treason and war crimes.
jacksmith

United States

#24 Apr 10, 2008
YOU MIGHT BE AN IDIOT:-)

If you think Barack Obama with little or no experience would be better than Hillary Clinton with 35 years experience.

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think that Obama with no experience can fix an economy on the verge of collapse better than Hillary Clinton. Whose ;-) husband (Bill Clinton) led the greatest economic expansion, and prosperity in American history.

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think that Obama with no experience fighting for universal health care can get it for you better than Hillary Clinton. Who anticipated this current health care crisis back in 1993, and fought a pitched battle against overwhelming odds to get universal health care for all the American people.

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think that Obama with no experience can manage, and get us out of two wars better than Hillary Clinton. Whose ;-) husband (Bill Clinton) went to war only when he was convinced that he absolutely had to. Then completed the mission in record time against a nuclear power. AND DID NOT LOSE THE LIFE OF A SINGLE AMERICAN SOLDIER. NOT ONE!

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think that Obama with no experience saving the environment is better than Hillary Clinton. Whose ;-) husband (Bill Clinton) left office with the greatest amount of environmental cleanup, and protections in American history.

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think that Obama with little or no education experience is better than Hillary Clinton. Whose ;-) husband (Bill Clinton) made higher education affordable for every American. And created higher job demand and starting salary’s than they had ever been before or since.

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think that Obama with no experience will be better than Hillary Clinton who spent 8 years at the right hand of President Bill Clinton. Who is already on record as one of the greatest Presidents in American history.

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think that you can change the way Washington works with pretty speeches from Obama, rather than with the experience, and political expertise of two master politicians ON YOUR SIDE like Hillary and Bill Clinton..

You Might Be An Idiot!

If you think all those Republicans voting for Obama in the Democratic primaries, and caucuses are doing so because they think he is a stronger Democratic candidate than Hillary Clinton.:-)

Best regards

jacksmith...

p.s. You Might Be An Idiot!

If you don't know that the huge amounts of money funding the Obama campaign to try and defeat Hillary Clinton is coming in from the insurance, and medical industry, that has been ripping you off, and killing you and your children. And denying you, and your loved ones the life saving medical care you needed. All just so they can make more huge immoral profits for them-selves off of your suffering...

You see, back in 1993 Hillary Clinton had the audacity, and nerve to try and get quality, affordable universal health care for everyone to prevent the suffering and needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of you each year. Naughty Girl.:-)

Approx. 100,000 of you die each year from medical accidents from a rush to profit by the insurance, and medical industry. Another 120,000 of you die each year from treatable illness that people in other developed countries don’t die from. And I could go on, and on...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malvern Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Wagsworth Manor Pet Resort (May '09) Dec '16 ASF 71
News Reminder: Ben Carson Is An Anti-Muslim Conspira... Dec '16 Researcher 7
Review: J Schwartz LLC Constr Mgmt (Mar '09) Nov '16 Roger Furman 7
the old Devon Hotel (May '07) Nov '16 Devon 8
just wonder if she has a ear mike telling her ... Nov '16 vote hillary 1
News Pence campaigns in Moon today, Clinton schedule... Nov '16 Journalbeen 1
go trumps Nov '16 trumpy 1

Malvern Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Malvern Mortgages