Bones might be from 1832 mass grave o...

Bones might be from 1832 mass grave of Irish immigrants who die...

There are 7 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 25, 2009, titled Bones might be from 1832 mass grave of Irish immigrants who die.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Researchers may have discovered a mass grave for nearly five dozen 19th-century Irish immigrants who died of cholera weeks after traveling to Pennsylvania to build a railroad.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Ted Kennedys Liver

Sparta, NJ

#1 Mar 25, 2009
"Watson believes that some of the workers may have been murdered because of their illness or ethnicity. There was general prejudice against Irish Catholics"

Where do I go to apply for my reparations? It's time for hope and change.
tucker51

Weatherly, PA

#2 Mar 25, 2009
Great story. It just proves that the Irish were a minority that was treated unfairly in many respects. They were used as slaves the same as the black man.
The difference is that the Irish have moved on and put away that terrible past. We don't ask for anything because of it.
The black man has been using slavery as an excuse for their ignorancefor generations.
Everyone is sick of hearing about the African Americans and how badly they were treated. Get over it !!
We don't call ourselves Irish Americans.
We're AMERICANS.
Smiley

AOL

#3 Mar 25, 2009
Ditto - Tucker 51 !!!!!!
Zot

Lansdale, PA

#4 Mar 25, 2009
Ditto from me, too!
Star

Latrobe, PA

#7 Mar 25, 2009
ALLENTOWN wrote:
<quoted text> And ill' have a pint on you, sir.
You people have been posting in the wrong forum, this one is for Derry Pa in Westmoreloand County near pittsburgh.
The Irishmen

Dallastown, PA

#8 Mar 25, 2009
tucker51 wrote:
Great story. It just proves that the Irish were a minority that was treated unfairly in many respects. They were used as slaves the same as the black man.
The difference is that the Irish have moved on and put away that terrible past. We don't ask for anything because of it.
The black man has been using slavery as an excuse for their ignorancefor generations.
Everyone is sick of hearing about the African Americans and how badly they were treated. Get over it !!
We don't call ourselves Irish Americans.
We're AMERICANS.
Yippee Skippy and you dam sure didn't stutter either
F-TJWolcott

Tuscaloosa, AL

#9 Mar 27, 2009
it's only a matter of time before they find the mass grave of irish children in Ron King's front lawn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malvern Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Wagsworth Manor Pet Resort (May '09) May 17 Gotta love dogs 72
Acme Markets $55 Million Monopoly Game is RIGGED (Jan '14) May 14 juniourbarbosa 67
Anybody remember the old roller skating rink Ma... May 9 Hmmmm 1
ACME Markets FIRES President Daniel Croce Apr '17 James Perkins 1
News Real estate investor Equus leaving Center City ... Feb '17 Linda Camac 1
Old Masters Public Golf Course Jan '17 LindaC1953 1
News Reminder: Ben Carson Is An Anti-Muslim Conspira... Dec '16 Researcher 7

Malvern Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Malvern Mortgages