• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
19,641 - 19,660 of 29,638 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#20913 Jan 19, 2013
Then Senator Barack Obama voted against raising the debt ceiling in 2007.
Reality Check

Mountain Pine, AR

#20916 Jan 19, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to decide which side of the fence you are on. Conservatives are not friends with diversity.
BTW -as far as I know the definition of "diverse" is the same for liberals as it is for any one else.
Says who? You mean conservatives are not friends with the liberal definition of diversity which must be different than the definition in the dictonary. If it wasn't different then no one would get left behind for being different. Diversity to liberals seems to be a tool used to set apart one group from another for the sole purpose of making one group hate another and give their loyalty to liberal politicians that say they want to help make everything "equal". That equality always seems to be in the area the liberals point out that one group has an advantage over another in. Don't you find that odd? I bet you don't.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#20917 Jan 19, 2013
something to think about wrote:
<quoted text>I been reading yours and everybody else's post but yours stopped me, just wanted to let you know but incase you ain't aware of something. Obama and is responible for 40% of the national debt. He has an agenda and congress let's him spend and refuses to put their foot down and yes they are at fault too. But do not kid yourself obama has a spending problem that's completely out of control. Obama and congress haven't had a budget in four years. Recently i learned about half of what they are spending money is unnessary spending. Like for instantance some of the research studies they are doing. This wasteful spending and there is alot of it going on. Sure we are americans and taxpayers but doesn't give obama and congress a right to go on spending without thinking who will eventually pay for it all. We sent them to congress to be responible and they are doing a crappy job of it and obama isn't doing much better either. They shouldn't get paid either if they don't do their job. Do you have kids or greatgrand kids it will be all of them that pay for obama and congress's out of control spending spree. Do you not agree that this mess has got to stop.All the out of control spending has got to stop. Remember we got elections coming up next year if our congressmen here in arkansas don't start doing their jobs, it time for them to go.
why is he responsible for 40% of the debt? you tell me exactly what he has enacted single handly that has gave you that number. What unnecessary spending are you talking about? you say research studies but which ones? how do you know they are not useful? it must take alot of research studies to equal 40% of the debt don't you think? Yes we did send our elected representatives to do a job and only HOUSE REPUBLICANS are holding EVERYTHING up. Incase you have not noticed it is a spinless house leader leading a bunch of ravaging dogs. I agree they must be booted out and replaced, but that is not how our government works. I agree that it will take a long time for our debt to be under control and also agree that the debt is out of control and we have to do something to stop it. I do not agree that we kill jobs bills proposed and passed by the senate. I do not agree that we downgrade the countries credit rating and stall the growth of the economy and possibly ruin the world economy for several more years by not paying for laws that have already been passed by both chambers of congress and been running for the whole prior year. We had 18 debt ceiling raises under Reagan and 8 under Bush, "According to Bloomberg’s numbers, Republicans have raised the debt ceiling 49 times since 1960, while Democrats have only raised it 30 times. The debt ceiling has been raised 79 times since 1960." There is no reason behind the treason that is being commited in today's government. I do know elections are comming up and I believe it should be on everyones priority list to learn about the person they are sending to represent what is best for the country as a whole and does not send people to exercise a small percentage of the population's views such as TEA party candidates like Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin, Marco Rubio, Todd Akin, Allen West, Herman Cain, and a host of others. Republicans criticize people for not being able to pay their bills and if they keep on the same track it will be our nation who will not pay it's bills.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#20918 Jan 19, 2013
One other thing don't know nothin, just curious are you for the second admendment or not. Have a question for you. If all the law abiding citizens have their rights restricted do you think this will keep the guns out of criminals hands? I'm sad to say no it won't A criminal does not follow the laws like the rest of therefore that is why so many of are repeat offenders. Chicago is a perfect example why gun control doesn't work they have the strictest gun control measures in the nation. Chicago has the highest death rate. You think the smart guys in charge would figure this out, their methods aren't working. I'm all for background checks and i do agree that something need to to keep guns out of those that have mental problems. But the biggest problems with guns are criminals that are repeat offenders and most do not get their guns legally. Law abiding citizens willing to follow the laws shouldn't by the president or congress be stripped of the rights just because we have a crime problem in america. One other thing Putting a sign up on any property that says "Gun free Zone" does let all the criminals out there is no gun on property and it's just asking for trouble. Those signs should be removed it sends the wrong message.
I believe whole heartidly in the 2nd amendment and want to keep it just the way it is. I do not think that ANYONE should be allowed to posses an "assault rifle", or carry any clip size larger than 10 rounds for all other guns. I am an avid hunter and see the need for NO such weapons or clip sizes. I hit what i'm aiming at and do not need 50 rounds and if i don't hit it with the first shot i damn sure do not need another 49 or 99 to get the job done. If people that use these weapons for target shooting or competition shooting, then the costs far outweigh any of these peoples views and they should understand that by doing this it may not end all acts like this but name a law that is 100%, but instead look as it will reduce the chance and is far better than doing nothing at all. We owe it to the families of those lost to do something responsible. If not this then what? this is something that is agreed on by a vast majority of the united states that has been polled and polled and polled again. In 2011 New Orleans had the highest murder rate followed by Detroit so where you got Chicago from is beyond me. Noone is stripping rights if a vast majority agrees on common sense legilation that will help keep guns out of repeat offenders and crazies hands. I have no problem with the laws because they do not affect me, nor do they apply to anyone i know. Those that i know that do have AR-15's and other assault rifles like my brother who is a former navy seal are not upset with any executive orders that have been passed nor worried about any of the legislation that might be passed. The reason is that he owns his guns he does not plan to sell them he does not own any clips that hold more than 10 rounds. His guns will not be forcefully taken from him and he does not plan to take the guns with him outside of his property. There is a lot of crazy fear mongoring going on when the only real people that are crazy upset are those that cannot see that a little give may save a lot of lives.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#20919 Jan 19, 2013
One other thing don't know nothin, just curious are you for the second admendment or not. Have a question for you. If all the law abiding citizens have their rights restricted do you think this will keep the guns out of criminals hands? I'm sad to say no it won't A criminal does not follow the laws like the rest of therefore that is why so many of are repeat offenders. Chicago is a perfect example why gun control doesn't work they have the strictest gun control measures in the nation. Chicago has the highest death rate. You think the smart guys in charge would figure this out, their methods aren't working. I'm all for background checks and i do agree that something need to to keep guns out of those that have mental problems. But the biggest problems with guns are criminals that are repeat offenders and most do not get their guns legally. Law abiding citizens willing to follow the laws shouldn't by the president or congress be stripped of the rights just because we have a crime problem in america. One other thing Putting a sign up on any property that says "Gun free Zone" does let all the criminals out there is no gun on property and it's just asking for trouble. Those signs should be removed it sends the wrong message.
A criminal cannot ever become a criminal without a law to break. All laws have to start somewhere, if not now then when? They may not solve 100% of the problem, but like i said before there is not one law that has been created that has not been broken.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#20920 Jan 19, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
resorts"
No, not resorting OA, simply stating facts about imbeciles and Fox News faithful.
BTW- ant time you think you want a piece of the good fight bring it on, I noticed you have been semi absent, must have got a taste of that fight and new when to quit........
I'm probably more than "semi absent". It doesn't take long to catch up reading the posts where you and "don't know nothing" make fools of yourselves.

Quitman, AR

#20923 Jan 20, 2013
<quoted text>Yea but if they are repeat offenders then they have no business owning a gun don't you think. I do believe that the biggest majority of gun owners are good people and deserve to keep their rights. And if you do break the law by using a gun then you shouldn't be allow to own a gun. If you are violent criminal you really have not business on the streets and it does amaze how some of the have such short sentences. And if you are

mentally ill you sure don't need one. How do you
feel about well trained armed guards in schools. If
someone comes in and runs into the guard the
nutcase might think twice about shooting any
body. And it just might stop some of these
shootings. but placing restrictions on law abiding
citizens is not the answers.
Do you think a criminal gives a rats ass about the right to own a gun??? Dumbass democrat!!!
what

Jonesboro, AR

#20924 Jan 20, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think a criminal gives a rats ass about the right to own a gun??? Dumbass democrat!!!
democrat is just another word for criminal

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

#20930 Jan 20, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who? You mean conservatives are not friends with the liberal definition of diversity which must be different than the definition in the dictonary. If it wasn't different then no one would get left behind for being different. Diversity to liberals seems to be a tool used to set apart one group from another for the sole purpose of making one group hate another and give their loyalty to liberal politicians that say they want to help make everything "equal". That equality always seems to be in the area the liberals point out that one group has an advantage over another in. Don't you find that odd? I bet you don't.
Let me spell this out for you, I relate diversity to change.

Conservatives do not like change.

You just don't get it do you, so let me be blunt about this as well, you sir are not smart enough to second guess me,

Regardless of the level of my intelligence.

Observer

Jonesboro, AR

#20931 Jan 20, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it do you, so let me be blunt about this as well, you sir are not smart enough to second guess me,
If it were not for diversity you would have neither a check or a job, hang in there Barney, protect your self interest and the hell with the country.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#20934 Jan 20, 2013
How many Democrats, including the President, does it take to stain a small bookcase for a photo op on the National Day of Service? Just four, if you don't include the hundreds that prepared the set, photographed the event, and Hosea, who was brought it to finish the job.

Oklahoma City, OK

#20935 Jan 20, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Name me just ONE Conservative who does not like change?
Conservatives believe in adherence to the constitution. Changes can happen within that realm.
Observer

Jonesboro, AR

#20936 Jan 20, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> Conservatives believe in adherence to the constitution. Changes can happen within that realm.
Barney likes change, that is his job at Mickey D's, changing the grease in the deep fryer. It is said that he needs to change socks and under wear also, but no one gets all that close to him so no one is pushing the point.

Quitman, AR

#20938 Jan 20, 2013
Barney probably still carries that bullet in his front pocket too!! Right Barn??
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#20941 Jan 20, 2013
get ready wrote:
For all you obama voters get ready, now that obama has been sworn in, you will see the real obama. So don't be shocked at what you are about to see. It ain't going to be pretty. He will act just like a dictator. While most of you obama voters have been paiding attention to him, underneath you noses china is fixing to play their debt card and demand that we give 1.17 trillion dollars in land. Are any of you aware how much interest they the U S pays daily. It's huge, this money could be used to on helping the U S. So guess what our debt is becoming a huge problem. Just imagine if the rest of the counties call their loans in and demand U S land. You can thank obama and congress because they refuse to stop spending.
Hell, if that's true, just give them California. Its a win-win situation for America.
SURE THEY DO

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#20944 Jan 20, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> Conservatives believe in adherence to the constitution. Changes can happen within that realm.
Aren't conservatives supposed to be hawkish on terror? They tend to be when it comes to foreign terrorists, but many are taking umbrage at a new West Point report on violent far-right extremists home-grown right here in the U.S. Earlier this week, the Combatting Terrorism Center (CTC) at America's leading military academy published an extensive report on the "dramatic rise in the number of attacks and violent plots originating from individuals and groups who self-identify with the far-right of American politics." Christian fundamentalists, Militia movement groups, Skinheads, neo-Nazis, and violent anti-abortionists were all cited in the report, titled Challengers from the Sidelines: Understanding America's Violent Far-Right. These factions may harbor different ideological goals, but as this chart shows, they've all ramped up their violent tactics in trying to achieve them:
FOX NATION SAYS THIS

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#20945 Jan 20, 2013
This is pretty embarrassing from the counter-terrorism shop West Point Center. It’s not just that it totally ignores radical left wing terrorism. The problem is that it uses too broad a brush to paint far right extremism as it tries to connect skin-head, militia type radicalism to mainstream conservatism.

And the fact that the author has a 2nd grade understanding of conservatism doesn’t help, either.

Washington Times:

A West Point think tank has issued a paper warning America about “far right” groups such as the “anti-federalist” movement, which supports “civil activism, individual freedoms and self-government.”

Gee – I don’t know about you but supporting “individual freedoms and self-government” sounds like terrorism to me. Anyone who flies a Gadsen flag should be on a watch list. While they’re at it, they should round up Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and James Madison just to be safe.

The report issued this week by the Combating Terrorism Center at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y., is titled “Challengers from the Sidelines: Understanding America’s Violent Far-Right.”

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/counter-terrorism-t...
Reality Check

Mountain Pine, AR

#20946 Jan 20, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
So just to be clear. The liberal definition of diversity is different than the actual definition. Thanks for confirming what I already suspected. This also gives a little more clarity as to why the policies of liberals simply don't make sense and why they simply don't work. THANKS BARN!!!
FOX WONT TELL U THIS

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#20947 Jan 20, 2013
BUT THE “anti-federalist” MOVEMENT SAYS THIS:

The United States Constitution was once the document that defined the Federal
government’s limited scope of power and protected the rights reserved by “we the
people” of the Sovereign States—this is no longer true! Today “we the people” live in
the era of Federal Supremacy—where once the Federal government was only supreme
in those areas where it had been delegated power, today the Federal government is
supreme in all areas of public and private endeavors

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE THE MILD BUNCH FOX MADE THEM OUT TO BE?

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

#20948 Jan 20, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
So just to be clear. The liberal definition of diversity is different than the actual definition. Thanks for confirming what I already suspected. This also gives a little more clarity as to why the policies of liberals simply don't make sense and why they simply don't work. THANKS BARN!!!
If it was not clear the first time I wrote it, I hold no hope for this time either.

ONE MORE TIME,

Slow down think about it for a while and see if comes to you,

OKAY?

HERE IT IS, GOOD LUCK.

POST #20902

"BTW -as far as I know the definition of "diverse" is the same for liberals as it is for any one else".

"policies of liberals simply don't make sense and why they simply don't work"

Let me help you out here too.

Losing 700,000 jobs a month,Great recession, as under Bush..........BAD, BAD, BAD

26 Straight months of jobs creation, dropping unemployment, higher house prices, manufacturing up, housing starts up, stock market up, something has to be down right, OH YEAH, gasoline, paid 2.98 cents in Southwest Mo. today

I digress, kind of hard to say there not working, don't YA think?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malvern Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 6 hr Still Listening 9,873
Joshua Jenson or B Hampton Aug 26 Money 1
AR Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Aug 25 Curmudgeon 3,838
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) Aug 24 guest 261
AR Who do you support for Treasurer in Arkansas in... (Oct '10) Aug 24 guest 208
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) Aug 24 Voodoo Chile 943
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) Aug 24 guest 834
•••
•••
Malvern Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Malvern Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Malvern People Search