Shirley Morton
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Want to know

Tully, NY

#1 Jun 5, 2010
Recently a friend went to the local shelter to adopt a dog. She ended up adopting a cute 12 week old puppy but it was not a cheap adoption. It cost my friend $350 (she showed me the bill)!! What the hell is that?! Since when does a taxpayer funded operation like this start charging this kind of money for a puppy? It was a pomeranian (spl) puppy. No papers or anything to show pure breeding. My question is this: when did this shelter start selling animals and where is the money going? Is there any accountability going on or is it going into Mrs. Morton's pocket? And if she's charging this much money to adopt a dog then why are we giving her tax money. If she intends to run a business at taxpayers' expense then she should be out the door entirely.
This is the 2nd time I've heard of her doing this. What the hell is the matter with the town supervisor to let her get away with this? How are people able to afford this kind of charge for adopting an animal, and how does Mrs. Morton prove it costs this much to shelter the dog to begin with. One big question is - where did she get the puppy? It's not like the kind of dog that is dropped off like some mutt. This was a beautiful animal and if it was a pure bred with papers, would be worth this kind of cash. As a taxpayer I demand to know what's going on here and who's responsible for it and how did it get to be this way? Perhaps it's time to check Mrs. Morton's books or at least to some sort of accounting for this money. If she's making money on the side this way, then, in my opinion, it's a conflict of interest on her part. She shouldn't be getting any tax money at all.
Granted, we need a dog control officer around here but this had gone too far.
What do the rest of you think?
OUA812

United States

#2 Jun 5, 2010
I think this site is a cesspool. One personal attack after another.
Jimmy

Boonville, NY

#3 Jun 6, 2010
OUA812 wrote:
I think this site is a cesspool. One personal attack after another.
Yet you always come back....so you must be a turd!
My two cents

Tully, NY

#4 Jun 9, 2010
No. It's not a cesspool. It's a place where people can let off steam, state an opinion that otherwise would have been heard, and can generally, give others a piece of their mind (not comments required on that last one). Let it go.
Anyway, I agree with the originator. What's going on at the local shelter. Here we have Shirley Morton trying to get homes for stray dogs but now she's selling them too? What's up with that? Where the Town Supervisor on this. It's kind of counter productive to do this isn't it? What is she going to do or work towards more? Selling a $350 dog or getting a home for some mongrel and charging $40 or whatever it is she charges. I think this is a professional conflict of interest on her part and she should cease doing this sort of thing, her books should be examined to determine that the money is actually going into the proper accounts supporting the shelter, and her own income should be brought under the microscope as well. Why should taxpayers provide a means for this woman to make extra money on the side. It's like going to work (wherever that is for you) and then conducting business out of your office for your "other" job. It's totally unethical. If there's actual money to be made doing this job, then let it out for bid each year and see how the town can make/save money.
My two cents

Tully, NY

#5 Jun 9, 2010
My apologies for the typos in my text but I've very concerned about this.
gramma01

Tully, NY

#6 Jun 9, 2010
The North Country Animal Shelter is NOT under ANY jurisdiction but the Ag & Markets. Shirley Morton can do WHAT she wants, HOW she wants and WHEN she wants. No municipality has control over her, they simply pay her to pick up the stray animals.
The shelter is a joke...buying purebreds to cover the expenses of the mixed breeds?? How about dropping the prices of the mixed breeds Shirley. I adopted a dog from the MASSENA animal shelter and all tolled (shots, neutering, first vet visit) was covered under the $80 adoption fee. I adopted from Shirley, paid $100 and got NOTHING towards the health and well being of the dog.
The mix breeds, abandoned, strays are the ones that need to be promoted..not some puppy mill purebred. If Shirley wants to be in the puppy breeding business then she needs to get out of the animal rescue.
I hate our shelter it's not real welcoming to prospective pet adopters; Shirley does a lousy job. I agree that the books need to be opened, but good luck, with no oversight Shirley can do whatever she pleases. And from where I sit, she doesn't do a whole hell of alot.
My Two Cents

Tully, NY

#7 Jun 10, 2010
Thank you. It's good to see that I am not the only one who feels this way. Perhaps it's time for the town then to actually hire someone to do the job so that they can be somewhat controlled? If the town is currently paying Shirley Morton, why not pay someone that will do the job we expect to have done and do so with a little professionalism.
Thank You again.
seandicare

Camden, NY

#8 Jun 11, 2010
well, they might not have much of a choice to replace her after this weekend. breaking and entering charges were filed against her today.

on top of that, she has admitted returning to the house multiple times to feed stray cats, so it's possible that there might be additional charges in the works.
OUA812

United States

#9 Jun 12, 2010
Then all of you can rejoice!

You've burned Shirley at the stake!!
taxpayer

New York, NY

#10 Jun 12, 2010
seandicare wrote:
well, they might not have much of a choice to replace her after this weekend. breaking and entering charges were filed against her today.
on top of that, she has admitted returning to the house multiple times to feed stray cats, so it's possible that there might be additional charges in the works.
Yes, I imagine a jury of her pears will find that "returning to the house multiple times to feed stray cats" is a terrible and morally reprehensible thing to do, I imagine they will recommend a long stay prison for her.

Or they might let her off the hook and investigate the real criminals here, the mean vicious white trash that stranded a dog all by itself for months in deplorable conditions.
I strongly reccomend that upon their arrest, the police beat them with a nightstick.
seandicare

Utica, NY

#11 Jun 12, 2010
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I imagine a jury of her pears will find that "returning to the house multiple times to feed stray cats" is a terrible and morally reprehensible thing to do, I imagine they will recommend a long stay prison for her.
Or they might let her off the hook and investigate the real criminals here, the mean vicious white trash that stranded a dog all by itself for months in deplorable conditions.
I strongly reccomend that upon their arrest, the police beat them with a nightstick.
you are a complete arse aren't you.

for one, breaking and entering as well as trespassing are still against the law, so is punishable by such. they don't want the cats there, they are all strays that have adopted that house as a place to flop. with Mz. Morton feeding them there, they will just stay around, causing problems for the neighborhood. why doesn't she just take them?

second, the person that was responsible for the dog is in the nursing home paralyzed on one side. what are you recommending, throwing her in prison???? no one else is responsible. like i said, the family already contacted a lawyer about this as well.

third, i never said the dog was alone for months. i said the owner was hospitalized months ago and you assumed there was no one else there, which there actually was.
seandicare

Utica, NY

#12 Jun 12, 2010
this woman already has many many complaints and charges braught against her. no wonder she is charging $300+ for a dog, she has to pay her fines some way.

since when does she have more authority than the police? police can't enter a house without a warrant or probable cause, but Mz Morton believes she can.

it is high time somone stood up to this ego tripped mad woman, and showed her she isn't all powerfull.
taxpayer

New York, NY

#13 Jun 12, 2010
seandicare wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a complete arse aren't you.
for one, breaking and entering as well as trespassing are still against the law, so is punishable by such. they don't want the cats there, they are all strays that have adopted that house as a place to flop. with Mz. Morton feeding them there, they will just stay around, causing problems for the neighborhood. why doesn't she just take them?
second, the person that was responsible for the dog is in the nursing home paralyzed on one side. what are you recommending, throwing her in prison???? no one else is responsible. like i said, the family already contacted a lawyer about this as well.
third, i never said the dog was alone for months. i said the owner was hospitalized months ago and you assumed there was no one else there, which there actually was.
The family is not in contact with a lawyer and charges have not been filed. What does that mean anyway???...charges have been filed...some white trash shows up at the police station and burns up valuable police time on a case that will never make it to court because thev've been "offended" in some way.

I don't know much about SM but I know this, that dog was somebody's responsibilty and instead of caring for it, they left it in a house that they themselves described as not good conditions and I think you were one of them.
I hope that you are arrested and beaten unconcious by the police.
Samantha

Boonville, NY

#14 Jun 12, 2010
"taxpayer" hopes that someone is arrested and beaten unconScious by the police.
this statement really defines what a low-class, gutter - snype, white trailer trash he is.
He acts so tough on here, and I would be willing to bet my life he has never even been in one physical confrontation in his life.
I hope that someone finds out who he really is someday, and he gets beaten unconScious.
Manual LaBore

Rexford, NY

#15 Jun 12, 2010
Is there some special point of pride or personal achievement for being involved in a "physical confrontation?" Does it make you a fulfilled and truly complete and advanced form of human?
taxpayer

New York, NY

#16 Jun 12, 2010
Samantha wrote:
"taxpayer" hopes that someone is arrested and beaten unconScious by the police.
this statement really defines what a low-class, gutter - snype, white trailer trash he is.
He acts so tough on here, and I would be willing to bet my life he has never even been in one physical confrontation in his life.
I hope that someone finds out who he really is someday, and he gets beaten unconScious.
Samanty
Defending innocent animals from human garbage is reason enough to use extreme measures, most decent people agree on that.
taxpayer 2

Boonville, NY

#17 Jun 13, 2010
the problem is your not a decent person...your a touchhole!
so-called white trash

Camden, NY

#18 Jun 13, 2010
I can't believe what I am reading. I started surfing the web to try to relieve some of the stress I have felt over the past two painful weeks. The white trash you are talking about is me. How dare you without knowing the facts. The dog everyone is chatting about ius my mom's. She was not just a dog, she was my mom's best friend. They were side by side all day and even slept together. When my mom suffered a severe stroke, that dog was far from neglected. The night before Shirley broke into my mom's house, I fed that dog sirloin steak for supper. She ate better and was cared for better than some people are. As for the conditions of the house, stray cats had gotten in and destroyed it. We found how the cats were getting in and were in the process of finding a place where the dog could go where there might be a chance my mom could be re-united with her someday. My children, who helped me care for that dog day after day didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. And all you can do is call me white trash. Maybe you should try being as compassionate to people as you are animals. My heart is truely been crushed by this posting.
xdrunk

Woodbridge, VA

#19 Jun 14, 2010
so-called white trash wrote:
I can't believe what I am reading. I started surfing the web to try to relieve some of the stress I have felt over the past two painful weeks. The white trash you are talking about is me. How dare you without knowing the facts. The dog everyone is chatting about ius my mom's. She was not just a dog, she was my mom's best friend. They were side by side all day and even slept together. When my mom suffered a severe stroke, that dog was far from neglected. The night before Shirley broke into my mom's house, I fed that dog sirloin steak for supper. She ate better and was cared for better than some people are. As for the conditions of the house, stray cats had gotten in and destroyed it. We found how the cats were getting in and were in the process of finding a place where the dog could go where there might be a chance my mom could be re-united with her someday. My children, who helped me care for that dog day after day didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. And all you can do is call me white trash. Maybe you should try being as compassionate to people as you are animals. My heart is truely been crushed by this posting.
I like to say I'm sorry about your mom and I hope she is doing better.
Getting back with her best friend would be great.

As for breaking in to your moms home, That just 1 small thing Malone lets go on. Malone is a Police Town now thay do what they want to do. You lost your rights by liveing in Malone.

xd
so-called white trash

Camden, NY

#20 Jun 14, 2010
Thank you so much for your support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what ever happened to Robert? 5 hr Could Be 3
border patrol at maplefields 5 hr North bound 28
One mother and Every kid has a different father 5 hr Yup 8
What do you think of Brittany Lamica? (Sep '14) 9 hr dizzymomma 6
Wombats 14 hr Jim Mathias 20
T Bone Steak (Sep '14) 18 hr Frank 294
Who decides Sat Sayitasiseeit 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Malone Mortgages