First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just Saying

Hartford, CT

#1 Feb 11, 2013
Rumor has it that Franklin County DSS is doing unlimited overtime. The county manager and legislators should try hiring more workers, May be cheaper than unlimited overtime. It was believed that there was no money in the budget to keep a social welfare examiner a year ago or many others that were laid-off. SEEMS LIKE THERE MUST BE ENOUGH MONEY IN THE BUDGET TO HIRE HELP FOR THE DSS DEPT.
What about the DSS work counselors move from Onworksource back to courthouse! Was the county's contract up? Or are the tax payers forking out unnecessary monies?
I think the legislators and county manager should explain to the taxpayers, why they are not creating jobs in this county? And was the move from OneWorkSource the end of a contract or a money saving move?
Wondering

New York, NY

#3 Feb 12, 2013
I am sorry, I try to be funny but realize I am just stupid. Just because I don't like some thing that some one has posted, I have to post some thing really dumb.
Sorry, Please forgive me.
I am one of the county employees that love to get all the overtime. We sit around at night and talk about how bad things are. It is like I am getting paid to go to counseling.
carydaway

New York, NY

#4 Feb 12, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
Rumor has it that Franklin County DSS is doing unlimited overtime. The county manager and legislators should try hiring more workers, May be cheaper than unlimited overtime. It was believed that there was no money in the budget to keep a social welfare examiner a year ago or many others that were laid-off. SEEMS LIKE THERE MUST BE ENOUGH MONEY IN THE BUDGET TO HIRE HELP FOR THE DSS DEPT.
What about the DSS work counselors move from Onworksource back to courthouse! Was the county's contract up? Or are the tax payers forking out unnecessary monies?
I think the legislators and county manager should explain to the taxpayers, why they are not creating jobs in this county? And was the move from OneWorkSource the end of a contract or a money saving move?
Your so right but that's how all the departments work there. The ones that never see a client/family make the decisions for those that do. This then puts stress on their own families. Sad vicious cycle.
Just Saying

United States

#5 Feb 12, 2013
Wondering wrote:
I am sorry, I try to be funny but realize I am just stupid. Just because I don't like some thing that some one has posted, I have to post some thing really dumb.
Sorry, Please forgive me.
I am one of the county employees that love to get all the overtime. We sit around at night and talk about how bad things are. It is like I am getting paid to go to counseling.
That is even more annoying to taxpayers that while you receive overtime pay that you are actually visiting about the hardship DSS is going through. I am sure the families waiting for benefits will be happy to know that you are visiting and not opening cases.
Actually

New York, NY

#6 Feb 12, 2013
This is teabagger spam propaganda that is posted from WISCONSIN and VIRGINIA, having nothing whatsoever to do with REALITY in Malone NEW YORK.

These people are desperate for attention and desperate for fundraising, now that the Koch Industries ASTROTURF has been yanked out from under them.

They will squawk as loudly as they can (and as CHEAPLY as they can) for as long as they can. They are ridiculous fascists NOBODY has any use for whatsoever and they are best ignored completely.

In time, they will die off, dry up, and otherwise go away. When they have completely left the building, we'll have a party.
Just Saying

United States

#7 Feb 12, 2013
No this is the truth and I am from Malone. Just ask if the Legislators and County manager if they moved DSS workers from OneWorkSource before their contract was up. So go soak your TEABAG!!!
Billy

Chicago, IL

#8 Feb 12, 2013
Very interesting topic. Thanks Just Saying!
Actually

New York, NY

#9 Feb 12, 2013
Actually, I'M from Malone.

YOU are from RESTON, VIRGINIA.

Truth be told, you're probably working out of K Street. Just a hunch.

THIS is the truth... YOUR teabag is COOKED.
Actually

New York, NY

#10 Feb 12, 2013
And now we have ILLINOIS in the mix, too.

Too bad the local teabaggers are such pathetic, incompetent losers, huh? They can't even handle their own talking points propaganda spiels!
Not From This Side

New York, NY

#11 Feb 12, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
No this is the truth and I am from Malone. Just ask if the Legislators and County manager if they moved DSS workers from OneWorkSource before their contract was up. So go soak your TEABAG!!!
The truth is that they did move "some" employees from OneWorkSource to increase effectiveness. The rest of the employees were excessed or filled other open positions.
Billy

United States

#12 Feb 12, 2013
Not From This Side wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is that they did move "some" employees from OneWorkSource to increase effectiveness. The rest of the employees were excessed or filled other open positions.
What about the rent at OneWorkSource was the contract up???????
NRA FOREVER

Mechanicville, NY

#13 Feb 12, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
That is even more annoying to taxpayers that while you receive overtime pay that you are actually visiting about the hardship DSS is going through. I am sure the families waiting for benefits will be happy to know that you are visiting and not opening cases.
Waiting for their benefits? How about they wait forever! I'm sick of paying for all their benefits!
Just Saying

Windsor, CT

#14 Feb 12, 2013
NRA FOREVER wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting for their benefits? How about they wait forever! I'm sick of paying for all their benefits!
I am tired of supporting the ones who never work! But what about families that need just a little extra to meet their needs???
The topic is not about the recipients, it is about the county manager and legislators not using tax payers monies properly!!
Just Saying

Windsor, CT

#15 Feb 12, 2013
Not From This Side wrote:
<quoted text>
They moved all DSS workers from OneWorkSource, and yes some did take other positions. But how effective is it for these DSS workers to find recipients work when they left OneWorkSource.
OneWorkSource is suppose to be a OneStop Career Center to assist people in finding work. It does not find work for customers, it is a resource for customers coming in the door.
NRA FOREVER

Mechanicville, NY

#16 Feb 12, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
I am tired of supporting the ones who never work! But what about families that need just a little extra to meet their needs???
The topic is not about the recipients, it is about the county manager and legislators not using tax payers monies properly!!
I also have no problem supporting those who simply need a little help or those who have fallen on hard times due to the economy, etc.. Unfortunately, there seems to be far more of the "think I"ll have another baby to get more benefits" than those who are actually trying and working. The system users just keep breeding and increasing their numbers and they just make me so angry. I wish we could just round them all up and drop them on an island to fend for themselves. We should go back to the Jamestown colony days and the motto of "no work, no food." I don't care if they're out sweeping the same street 500 times a day; I just want them doing something!!!

As far as the mismanagement at DSS - you'll need to basically gut the whole place from the highest levels and start again.
Wondering

New York, NY

#17 Feb 12, 2013
So they moved the employees to the court house from OneWorkSource to increase effectiveness. Is that why they need all the overtime. As a tax payer, that does not make sense. someone help me to understand.
And for post #6 talking about teabagger spam..What does that have to do with this and what are you trying to hard by making people think this is not happening????
Not From This Side

New York, NY

#19 Feb 12, 2013
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the rent at OneWorkSource was the contract up???????
there were no costs charged by OneWorkSource to the county when these positions moved.
new job

Fort Covington, NY

#20 Feb 13, 2013
I think the county is still paying rent in that building for a few more years. Unless something has been done behind the scene... So yes the county is still paying rent for a building they are not using....
Huh

Syracuse, NY

#21 Feb 13, 2013
I am sorry I am so mean to so many people. I am just a low life with out a life so I try to make others feel bad.
I have to call people names because it makes me feel better and I think it makes me look smarter.
Actually

New York, NY

#22 Feb 13, 2013
OH NO! SECRET WELFARE SPENDING!

How incredibly sinister! How incredibly PARANOID!

Yeah, when Fox gets too tame, because the republicans are trying to look more moderate in the face of changing politics in this country, and the teabaggers FINALLY get thrown UNDER their corporate astroturf bus tour, why not just make everything up, completely, and never even worry about that anemic kernel of truth that people concerned with looking normal worry about, and just babble on, about whatever flits through your heads! WHY NOT???

This crap is being stirred up from THREE DIFFERENT STATES. I realize you nut jobs are spread a little thin these days, but you could at least block your damned address on this site.

You really are looking for the stupidest people out there, aren't you? Looking for them to open up their wallets?

Well GOOD LUCK. Their CHURCHES got there first. They beat you to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Benko 3 hr RUSH 1
men who use women 3 hr Idontwantnoscrubs 3
Alice Center 5 hr hi there 4
Press Republican Editor HATES SMOKERS 5 hr Uncle Remus 10
County Ethics 6 hr Big Shot 44
IBC snobby sales clerks (Sep '13) 14 hr Show respect 104
News Walbridge apparently out in Malone Town Council... (Nov '15) 15 hr kand8956 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Malone Mortgages