First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Silver Spring, MD

#21 Oct 3, 2012
ny guy wrote:
<quoted text>
its pretty sad when an elderly person who worked his or her entire life has to sit at home and eat dog food because its all they can afford on their measly social security check, then they die from heat stroke in their unconditioned house on a hot summer day... meanwhile some scumbag that raped a person gets 3 square meals a day and gets to sit around in their airconditioned prison... all on our tax dollars... yes, they should be prisons like in many european countries, dark no air conditioning, no rec. room with cable tv..they should be made to PAY for their crimes,, its pure bullshit how the u.s. prisons are so comfortable for the guilty scum suckers...
Don't forget Malone did nothing about it. She dead becouse someone wanted a glass of wine or 2 or 3. She took $100,000.00 and what happen to her? nothing.
wut

New York, NY

#22 Oct 3, 2012
Woo wrote:
Rock I agree that its not a country club and not a place you probably or I would want to live but if it was that bad they wouldn't keep going back. I'd be scared to death being locked up surrounded by criminals and it is a dangerous place but we here are talking about the benefits they get. The counseling, education, medicine, round the clock guards.. All free for the people who arent able to live free in our society because they victimize others. A lot of good people out there work hard all their lives and cant afford counseling, education, health care, round the clock nurses, etc. i watched a Dateline in which a guy killed someone and dragged their body to another state because he didn't want to do time in Louisiana where there's no AC and they do forced chain gang labor outside. In NY, jail does look like a country club.
Did you know that the inmates are forever suing the staff? They sue the COs left and right for dirty looks, for pushing them, any infraction of their rights. But since the victims familys receive any money the inmates win by tying up the courts, they sue for entertainment, the principal, to be asses, and often sue for one dollar.
Do you not see from some of the responses here that a number of these officers would benefit from a lawsuit? Better yet, our system could benefit from some serious review, as there are obviously personnel in place who hire and supervise this, who could obviously use some guidelines, even imposed hiring and retention standards.
wut

New York, NY

#23 Oct 3, 2012
lykanos13619 wrote:
Have you ever watched a documentary on prisons in other countries. Our is a damn country club compared to other countries!
Prisons in some countries are more barbaric than ours, in others they are more humane. All I'm saying is that we need to hire people into these jobs who have the ability of maintaining perspective, and who will treat these prisoners like they are in an American prison, and not like something they saw one time on the late late late show. It looks to me like too many people are coming into these jobs who fall immediately into some 'us or them' sense of ongoing belligerency that is not productive, safe, or at all wise in the long term. Either way we are who we are, and that is immediately reflected in how our prisoners are treated. I think that taxpayer funded public agents of that need to get on board with the rehabilitation aspect of their jobs, or be gone.
rock

Albany, NY

#24 Oct 3, 2012
I have a coworker who says that if the fence ever fell over, 85% of the inmates would help put it back up. He's probably right. Many of them like the relative security of prison.
Malonian

New York, NY

#25 Oct 3, 2012
wut wrote:
<quoted text>
Prisons in some countries are more barbaric than ours, in others they are more humane. All I'm saying is that we need to hire people into these jobs who have the ability of maintaining perspective, and who will treat these prisoners like they are in an American prison, and not like something they saw one time on the late late late show. It looks to me like too many people are coming into these jobs who fall immediately into some 'us or them' sense of ongoing belligerency that is not productive, safe, or at all wise in the long term. Either way we are who we are, and that is immediately reflected in how our prisoners are treated. I think that taxpayer funded public agents of that need to get on board with the rehabilitation aspect of their jobs, or be gone.
You sound like one of those ass kissing liberals or maybe somebody that did some time.
ARE YA SERIOUS

Albany, NY

#26 Oct 3, 2012
rock wrote:
I have a coworker who says that if the fence ever fell over, 85% of the inmates would help put it back up. He's probably right. Many of them like the relative security of prison.
Sadly, there are people who need and want the security of prison. The structure, the routine, the meals the care etc,.. those people are an enigma, if you let them out, they can't function and want to come back, so they behave in a way that gets them sent back. I call them institutionalized people and they can be dangerous to society in a number of ways but the complexity of dealing with them is in some ways over whelming , they contain individuals that may benefit the most from programs designed to put them back in society.I frankly do not think that programs designed to put them back into society , really work for the majority of them. On the other hand they are the group that may be least able to accept being put back into society , its a real quandary. They are the 85 % who would most likely help put the fence up.. Ok.. the other 15% holds a real mixture of humanity,,,some hard cord mental unstable, some highly intelligent sociopaths, and some 1% who are actual psychotic , the trick is to tell the difference an is not easy.. I will simply say that the system should not of of catering to any of these types. Regardless of the group that they may belong to , they all understand, superior force, they are street smart and will look for any weakness they can find and exploit them, but they will cave into superior force when confronted directly with it. THe CO;s have a hard job to constantly show these people that they the COs are in charge..the fences do not keep them in, the attitude of the officers keep them in check.. THey are there because they do not behave in society as most law abiding people do,, they should be reminded that they are the ones who put themselves where they are. Prisons should not be nice places and those who strive to make them so , are just wrong.. as I said to start this forum,,, It hard to feel sorry.
Hello

New York, NY

#27 Oct 3, 2012
Hi everyone. I work at Upstate and have since it opened 13 years ago. I can tell you from vast experience that these "offenders" as we're now told to call them, earned their way into the facility. These are the guys who cause trouble in the big jails like Sing Sing, Comstock, Clinton, etc.. They're there as punishment for infractions while incarcerated. They have no more moral sense than a hungry lion. They'd shoot an old lady for the small social security check she might have in her purse. As far as I'm concerned they deserve everything they DON'T get at Upstate. Trust me - I know first hand. The idiot that wrote that article needs to come up here and see what we deal with daily and what the officers and staff have to do to placate the bleeding heart civil liberties people. It's utterly ridiculous how the state has to cater to people like these inmates. There is no correction at Upstate. They'll never amount to anything and as soon as they get out, they're right back to the same thing that got them their bids to begin with. Most of these guys would improve immensely with a frontal lobotomy. It's the only thing that'll change them.
justice

New York, NY

#28 Oct 3, 2012
nys is too scared to sa NO! for far too long they said yes to these mutts now they are affraid to take anything away.convicts like welfare trah feel entitled to things they shouldnt have. nys get a backbone!!
ARE YA SERIOUS

Albany, NY

#29 Oct 4, 2012
Look at the bleeding hearts, talking about the poor inmates..BS

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/03/boxe...
ARE YA SERIOUS

Albany, NY

#30 Oct 4, 2012
After watching the above video,, and watching the poor lady talking about her husband and son being in isolation in prison, I really think maybe something is wrong with her, her husband and son.. Come on how many reading this have both your husband and your son in isolation in
a prison? These pillars of the community would be welcome in any neighborhood don't ya think? Just the kind of people we need to keep a productive healthy society. Maybe we should have them study in a masters program for a degree. I just know they would be great students and willing to co=operate , Nonsense, this making a case to rehabilitate these kinds of personalities is bunk.. They are in the situation because of how they behave toward others and societies laws. They are not nice everyday people, they behave more like parasites, so what amount of help should we should really give them. and what should it be... If they don't like the situation they are in,,, when they get out they should not behave in a way that will put them back in..I just love the fact that the people making the video blame the system not the individual inmates.. Notice that nothing in the video alludes to the total criminal records of the people they are taking about... If printed out on paper you would most likely get a hernia picking it up....they just need help that's all, BS to that. We just need to be kinder and gentler and they will be OK,,,BS to that too.
BILLY JENSEN

New York, NY

#31 Oct 20, 2012
lykanos13619 wrote:
Have you ever watched a documentary on prisons in other countries. Our is a damn country club compared to other countries!
GO TO A SWEDISH PRISON MORON, IN THOSE PRISONS THE GUARDS WAIT ON THE CONVICTS AND THEY ACTUALLY GET ROOM SERVICE IDIOT !!! SO HOW BAD ARE THE PRISONS IN OTHER COUNTRIES, REALLY ???
BILLY JENSEN

New York, NY

#32 Oct 20, 2012
AMERICAN PRISONS SUCK BIG TIME FOOL !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get a job......garbage picker 24 min HEP C 7
Deadbeats 4 hr Burke resident 22
Trooper what's his name? 4 hr Malone 5
Lavurtue D. 9 hr ThisIsInsane 5
"Alex" from La Pizza in malone 9 hr Lapizzaisgross 24
Matthew Beckman 11 hr yourealoser 2
Bakery/Cafe opening in Malone? 12 hr Avril 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Malone Mortgages