Hard To Feel Sorry
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ARE YA SERIOUS

Hudson, NY

#1 Oct 2, 2012
The recent article in the Albany Paper about the inmates at Upstate Correctional. It states that the conditions the inmates face , No Human Dignity in the Box. and that changes can be made to help these poor men..If these men had human dignity most likely they would not have wound up in Upsate Correctional in the first place. Somehow the public is made to look at these inmates as just JOE Citizens who made a mistake and are not receiving the wrath of the prison system. Come on,, many if not all of these men have extensive criminal backgrounds and long histories of anti social behavior. I take the position that prison is a place that should be so horrendous that once there and server your time and get out, you never never behave in a manner that sends you there again. Willing to wager that the recidivism of these men is very high. They have been in the system , got out, committed more crimes , came back again, so how can you say they should be treated differently. They demonstrate that they are anti social individuals, who prey on others or who have no regard for society and its laws. They put themselves where they are after most of them had chances to do other wise... I find it hard to feel sorry for them.
carydaway

Schenectady, NY

#2 Oct 2, 2012
Completely agree! Recidivism last I checked was in the high eighty percentile. Seriously these people that fight for the inmates are sociopaths! Let me understand this, you want me to feel bad for a person that committed a crime and is now being punished by being feed, clothed, housed, and given services ALL FOR FREE!? If you feel so bad for them, let them move in with you and keep track of their every move 24/7/365.
justice

New York, NY

#3 Oct 2, 2012
convicts are a drain on the economy. ny needs to re instate the death penalty and start fastracking thsese scumbags to the chair.
David Mozart

New York, NY

#4 Oct 2, 2012
It can't be too harsh on them.........85% violate their parole.
Politically Correct

Albany, NY

#5 Oct 2, 2012
By the way....we have to call them "offenders" now....not inmates. Apparently it hurts their feelings when we call them inmates.
ARE YA SERIOUS

Schenectady, NY

#6 Oct 2, 2012
Politically Correct wrote:
By the way....we have to call them "offenders" now....not inmates. Apparently it hurts their feelings when we call them inmates.
In the drug rehab facility in Chateaugay NY,, they refer to them as "clients".. are ya serious!! The dredge of society,, and we must respect them as we would respect an everyday citizen... THese people are the reason we need police and correctional officers and probation and judges and defense attorneys and all the other support groups that cater to these low lives. They deserve nothing from us except distain and punishment they drain us from both sides,,,when they are out of prison they steal, hurt and cause problems when in prison they drain us to take care of them... our system sucks...

Since: Dec 10

New York, NY

#7 Oct 2, 2012
ARE YA SERIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
In the drug rehab facility in Chateaugay NY,, they refer to them as "clients".. are ya serious!! The dredge of society,, and we must respect them as we would respect an everyday citizen... THese people are the reason we need police and correctional officers and probation and judges and defense attorneys and all the other support groups that cater to these low lives. They deserve nothing from us except distain and punishment they drain us from both sides,,,when they are out of prison they steal, hurt and cause problems when in prison they drain us to take care of them... our system sucks...
I totally agree ,when Chateaugay was a Rehab Facility, client was used (1991) now it is a Parole Violator Facility and they are inmates. These are the ones that would benefit from the make it so hard they will not want to come back Facility. But not in NY State ,we must pamper the poor client , make prison a place they want to spend the winter, like a vacation , 3 squares,free medical care, free education, sounds pretty good
wut

New York, NY

#8 Oct 2, 2012
There are people who are obviously in the wrong line of work. It'd be great if DOC ever picked up on any of that.
wut

New York, NY

#9 Oct 2, 2012
chat58 wrote:
<quoted text> I totally agree ,when Chateaugay was a Rehab Facility, client was used (1991) now it is a Parole Violator Facility and they are inmates. These are the ones that would benefit from the make it so hard they will not want to come back Facility. But not in NY State ,we must pamper the poor client , make prison a place they want to spend the winter, like a vacation , 3 squares,free medical care, free education, sounds pretty good
You don't believe that. If you do believe that, you're even dumber than you look.
lykanos13619

Lake Placid, NY

#10 Oct 2, 2012
I believe that. If jail or prison was so bad why would the dumbasses keep going back?? Makes no sense to me
lykanos13619

Lake Placid, NY

#11 Oct 2, 2012
Have you ever watched a documentary on prisons in other countries. Our is a damn country club compared to other countries!
Woo

France

#12 Oct 2, 2012
I cant believe the FREE medical care they get. If you ever need open heart surgery or have cancer and need chemo, rob a bank and then sit outside waiting for the cops, you'll receive the best medical care you'd ever get, FREE. There are inmates with heart bypasses, pacemakers, all their meds are free. I say if they got a bad heart, they should just die, its called DYING and in nature thats what happens. Its amazing how worried about their RIGHTS they are when they don't respect anyone elses.
lol

Rexford, NY

#13 Oct 2, 2012
Officers are no longer CO's, they are "offender tenders" and the medical dept. are now "offender menders" lol!!!
ny guy

New York, NY

#14 Oct 2, 2012
Woo wrote:
I cant believe the FREE medical care they get. If you ever need open heart surgery or have cancer and need chemo, rob a bank and then sit outside waiting for the cops, you'll receive the best medical care you'd ever get, FREE. There are inmates with heart bypasses, pacemakers, all their meds are free. I say if they got a bad heart, they should just die, its called DYING and in nature thats what happens. Its amazing how worried about their RIGHTS they are when they don't respect anyone elses.

its pretty sad when an elderly person who worked his or her entire life has to sit at home and eat dog food because its all they can afford on their measly social security check, then they die from heat stroke in their unconditioned house on a hot summer day... meanwhile some scumbag that raped a person gets 3 square meals a day and gets to sit around in their airconditioned prison... all on our tax dollars... yes, they should be prisons like in many european countries, dark no air conditioning, no rec. room with cable tv..they should be made to PAY for their crimes,, its pure bullshit how the u.s. prisons are so comfortable for the guilty scum suckers...
David Mozart

New York, NY

#15 Oct 2, 2012
Maybe solitary confinement is counterproductive. Instead drag some mammoth granite boulders into the yard, build mini pens around them and give the inmates a sledgehammer and have them pound away 10 - 12 hours per day. This would discourage them from re-offending.

P.S. throw the liberal lawyers and mental health workers right in with them.
rock

Hudson Falls, NY

#16 Oct 2, 2012
Trust me, they don't have a good life in prison. They get to eat, exercise, study. But it's not any place you'd want to be. Folks have a notion that prisons are a country club with razor wire. Believe me, that is not the case. What is depicted on TV is not true. It's guys given the minimum and told when to do everything. The cells are tiny. Hey - they deserve it! But don't think for a second that those inmates are on vacation in there.
diablo

Troy, NY

#17 Oct 2, 2012
rock wrote:
Trust me, they don't have a good life in prison. They get to eat, exercise, study. But it's not any place you'd want to be. Folks have a notion that prisons are a country club with razor wire. Believe me, that is not the case. What is depicted on TV is not true. It's guys given the minimum and told when to do everything. The cells are tiny. Hey - they deserve it! But don't think for a second that those inmates are on vacation in there.
I think your quote is pretty accurate. But the health care issue is discusting, especially when we have so many law abiding and life long taxpaying seniors who have to go with out.
David Mozart

New York, NY

#18 Oct 2, 2012
rock wrote:
There are a lot of inmates that ENJOY the structure of the jail/prison in relationship to how they live on the outside. When they are out they screw everything up and usually end up homeless and a drug addict before coming back in. In the jail they get cleaned up, off from drugs and also their hygiene improves. They start getting 3 squares per day, medications for whatever afflicts them, psychological counseling, optical, dental, commissary, recreation, library, mail, visits, laundry all done for them. weightlifting, other various programs, cable tv, unlimited showers.......come on...there are a lot of folks who are middle class that are not getting all of these things right here in this county. That is why as the working class keeps losing more and more there will be a revolution against all that are getting a free lunch.....prison inmates and welfare bums included. I am greatly looking forward to it, actually. It's been a long, long, time coming.
interesting

Albany, NY

#19 Oct 3, 2012
The reality is that in many Western European countries the prisons are as pathetically lenient as ours. The inmates are treated as though rehabilitation is the goal rather than focusing on actually punishing them for the crimes they committed. Russian and Chinese prisons are the way to go - forced labor for 10 - 12 hours per day. Medical treatment is minimum and things like their "civil rights and human rights" aren't all that important. They are actually punished for what they did in society. Of course, in those countries people who speak out against the ruling parties are punished the same way, but at least the criminals aren't treated better than the average elderly person.

I believe that the prisoners should be billed for all of the services they receive in prison. Want to have health care, they should have to work for it. Every one of them should be required to do some sort of work - sweeping roads on a chain gang, digging holes and refilling them, whatever - if they aren't idle they won't have the energy to cause trouble. Save the tax payers a lot of money too.
Woo

France

#20 Oct 3, 2012
Rock I agree that its not a country club and not a place you probably or I would want to live but if it was that bad they wouldn't keep going back. I'd be scared to death being locked up surrounded by criminals and it is a dangerous place but we here are talking about the benefits they get. The counseling, education, medicine, round the clock guards.. All free for the people who arent able to live free in our society because they victimize others. A lot of good people out there work hard all their lives and cant afford counseling, education, health care, round the clock nurses, etc. i watched a Dateline in which a guy killed someone and dragged their body to another state because he didn't want to do time in Louisiana where there's no AC and they do forced chain gang labor outside. In NY, jail does look like a country club.

Did you know that the inmates are forever suing the staff? They sue the COs left and right for dirty looks, for pushing them, any infraction of their rights. But since the victims familys receive any money the inmates win by tying up the courts, they sue for entertainment, the principal, to be asses, and often sue for one dollar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Candy Gadway 9 min billy bob 9
Oh no trump supporters 13 min Let it be known 1
Jatara hyde 2 hr Eggos 6
Disappearing Candy 3 hr Yuck 3
Beth 3 hr HeyArnold 1
How come no men work at Aldi's ? (Jun '10) 4 hr ohhellyeah 98
Mo's 4 hr ohhellyeah 24

Malone Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance