Who should to repair my furnace?

Posted in the Malone Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Service seeker

Troy, NY

#1 Dec 13, 2012
Who should to repair my furnace? I want someone with integrity and the proper qualifications
kathy

New York, NY

#2 Dec 13, 2012
upstate ny heating plumbing is well exsperience and reasonable just tell them tim refer you
Just Me

New York, NY

#4 Dec 13, 2012
kathy wrote:
upstate ny heating plumbing is well exsperience and reasonable just tell them tim refer you
NO NO NO. They are not upfront with customers and charge for more hours than actually worked. Gillins Plumbingi good. Malone Plumbing is excellent and on the upscale price. I still feel they are worth it.NO NO upstate!!!!!!!!!!
opinion

New York, NY

#5 Dec 13, 2012
I also agree Upstate heating and Plumbing .they are good at what they do .
enough of nancy reiche

United States

#6 Dec 13, 2012
Matthew's Service is very good and reasonable. Upstate and Gillen are on the pricey side.
Service seeker

Troy, NY

#7 Dec 13, 2012
how much do they charge? do they have any specific certifications to work on my gas furnace? I get my gas from adirondack - do they have any good technicians?
Service seeker

Troy, NY

#8 Dec 13, 2012
I have looked at upstates website and it does not have prices and is very vague... adk. energy has very little information online... i googled mathews and they dont even have site?? when i type into google 'furnace propblems' holmes energy pops up - their site is very informative... Gillen also comes up, but they dont seem to have a website? We are new to the area and I would like to review some testimonials and see some jobs that these people have done before I let them into my home, and thusfar holmes energy seems to be the only transparent company
Papa Gander

Florence, MA

#9 Dec 13, 2012
Ed Koda would be my recommendation. I had him come in a fix Gillen's screw up.
Papa Gander

Florence, MA

#10 Dec 13, 2012
Also, if you are new to the area, you need to understand that many business's around here work off word of mouth, not a website. Many plumbing, heating, and AC repair people around here are a small business and don't have a website. It is a small community and word of mouth if way more reliable than the internet that can be skewed in ones favor. Give Ed Koda a call, he is honest, punctual, and very fair.
Unbelievable

Boston, MA

#11 Dec 13, 2012
Upstate is very good! I think they are fair and they're available around the clock. The guys are all good, and they work fast.
localbus

New York, NY

#12 Dec 13, 2012
We used Upstate for two businesses we own, did good job, fair prices, comparative to others we had work, it's a costly repair bill in that industry no matter who does the job. Also used Malone plumbing in past, good work also. It's a lot like "chevy or Ford" everyones going to swear their favorite is best and the other sucks or is dishonest, etc. Not really gonna get answers here.
SRF

New York, NY

#13 Dec 14, 2012
Go with Ed Koda. I needed to replace my outdoor fuel tank. He supplied a good tank at a very reasonable price, labor to install it and permits for the installation. All done in a timely fashion. No more than a day.
Service Seeker

Troy, NY

#14 Dec 14, 2012
We called holmes energy and josh told us how to fix the problem over the phone - we are still having him come out to clean the furnace. He seems very knowledgable and is the only BPI contractor in the area - thats a certification no one else seems to have. Well I bet all of these guys are fair and honest, but when someone is working on gas @ my house I want someone with the experience. Thank you guys for all of the help!
momof3

New York, NY

#15 Dec 14, 2012
Holmes Energy is the way to go!!! Very professional and knowledgable!
working class

New York, NY

#16 Dec 14, 2012
Unbelievable wrote:
Upstate is very good! I think they are fair and they're available around the clock. The guys are all good, and they work fast.
*FAST*?? in my opinion,haste,makes waste!
Shaka Kahn

New York, NY

#17 Dec 16, 2012
Service Seeker wrote:
We called holmes energy and josh told us how to fix the problem over the phone - we are still having him come out to clean the furnace. He seems very knowledgable and is the only BPI contractor in the area - thats a certification no one else seems to have. Well I bet all of these guys are fair and honest, but when someone is working on gas @ my house I want someone with the experience. Thank you guys for all of the help!
How do you know their experience? Because they have a piece of paper saying they can work on something?

When deciding on who to hire, I base my decision off of personal experience with the person I am considering to hire and/or the personal experience of those I trust who have had personal experiences with those I am considering to hire, not off what the Internet and what piece of paper says. If you based it off experience Ed Koda would have been the better choice, but a website wouldn't tell you that.

Gotta love the technology generation!
Ignorant MOFO

Troy, NY

#18 Dec 17, 2012
Shaka Kahn wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know their experience? Because they have a piece of paper saying they can work on something?
When deciding on who to hire, I base my decision off of personal experience with the person I am considering to hire and/or the personal experience of those I trust who have had personal experiences with those I am considering to hire, not off what the Internet and what piece of paper says. If you based it off experience Ed Koda would have been the better choice, but a website wouldn't tell you that.
Gotta love the technology generation!
A piece of paper? A certification? A license? Jesus your right! Maybe if that doctor I visited when my ass was burning was licensed they would have recommended something other than your face to clear it up! What is wrong with you? It's uneducated morons like you that keep this area 30 years behind in times... Professionalism is tailored by education and experience, and as I know HE personally they are much more experienced with new technology and Gas systems; 15 years’ experience to be exact
just a local

New York, NY

#19 Dec 17, 2012
Ignorant MOFO wrote:
<quoted text>A piece of paper? A certification? A license? Jesus your right! Maybe if that doctor I visited when my ass was burning was licensed they would have recommended something other than your face to clear it up! What is wrong with you? It's uneducated morons like you that keep this area 30 years behind in times... Professionalism is tailored by education and experience, and as I know HE personally they are much more experienced with new technology and Gas systems; 15 yearsÂ’ experience to be exact
Who has 15 years experience?? HE? That I assume means Holmes Energy. If that is the case it means he started at the age of 16 or 17. FA now counts for experience? What a crack up!!
Shaka Kahn

United States

#21 Dec 21, 2012
Ignorant MOFO wrote:
<quoted text> A piece of paper? A certification? A license? Jesus your right! Maybe if that doctor I visited when my ass was burning was licensed they would have recommended something other than your face to clear it up! What is wrong with you? It's uneducated morons like you that keep this area 30 years behind in times... Professionalism is tailored by education and experience, and as I know HE personally they are much more experienced with new technology and Gas systems; 15 years’ experience to be exact
Ok, well first 15 years??? Um... no way.

Second, do you think your little rant really boosted Holmes customers?? If they cater to you or if they are anything like you, I would be willing to bet people are certainly not impressed.

My only point was that just because a person has a piece of paper that says they are certified, it DOES NOT mean they are the most qualified or the most experienced. An absolute dumb ass would argue otherwise.

BTW, I was not bad mouthing Holmes Energy, but thanks for giving me a glimpse of what I would have seen had I ever hired him, which will never happen now.
Service Seeker

Troy, NY

#22 Dec 23, 2012
When I came on here asking about local contractors I did not intend to cause such an upset. I have had HE service my furnace and am very happy with the service we received. I am sure there are many great HVAC contractors in the area, but I did my research and decided to go with a new business that has the proper credentials and accreditations. These things matter to me. Also I was very happy to help support a new business that took the risk of leaving a secure job to go out on his own in this economy. After talking with Josh I learned how he got his start working with his father in his Apartment bldgs. at the age of 15 then went on to SUNY Canton and has been practicing every since. As for myself, HE has gone above and beyond and we will be using them again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is Left For Malone 7 hr Flip Simonsen 57
Pathetic loser 11 hr 1shot1k 18
The dunkin perv 16 hr hey 5
Horrible roads 23 hr Stupidpeopleintin... 16
What now ? Wed Scholar 14
little Wana be MMA fighters Wed Yes I went there 12
Citizen advocates rat Wed do you 3

Malone Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance