New steakhouse coming to Malone

New steakhouse coming to Malone

There are 18 comments on the story from May 30, 2008, titled New steakhouse coming to Malone. In it, reports that:

The former Gordie's Gazebo, most recently Hill and Dale Restaurant, on Route 37 in Malone will soon be opening once again with a new name and completely new ownership. The restaurant will have a steakhouse format and will be called Donovan's Steakhouse. It will be mostly a family run operation, with the father, Donovan, in the kitchen, and his family working on the wait staff. The family had strong ties to the Malone area previously, but have moved to the area especially to start this venture. We anxiously look forward to another new business in the Malone area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at .

“Whats the haps peeps”

Since: Aug 07

Jacksonville, Fl

#1 May 30, 2008
Good deal for the area now all they need is a few more new options to eat out at in the town.

Since: Dec 07

Denver, NC

#2 May 31, 2008
Wonderful to see a new business getting ready to open, however with the prices of fuel and groceries i hope they understand what they are getting into. Not going to be easy, most food suppliers now are tacking on a fuel delivery fee, and it all adds up. I do agree that Malone needs some options for dining out though, and when i go up i will be interested in going in and seeing what it is all about.
Once a Malone resident

Montréal, Canada

#3 Jun 1, 2008
I wish them well....but with the raising food prices and extreme costs, it will be a BIG struggle! Malone's best Restaurant as far as we are concerned, was the wonderful "BANKNOTE ITALIAN STEAKHOUSE"
Dusty jones

Johnston, RI

#4 Jun 3, 2008
Great idea .......
But Even Domino's Pizza couldn't make it in this town.
And thats saying something when a national food chain gives up after two years of negative sales.

He better be able to make a hell of a steak...
As restaurants in this area just never seem to last.....

BARS MAKE MONEY......
Plenty of lushes up here in our depressed economy.
Billy K

Montréal, Canada

#5 Jun 3, 2008
I feel sorry for those that have lost their lobs, due to the rough economy in Malone! It's not going to get any better, hopfully many of the local residence will shop locally, as much as possible?! I miss Malone.
coco

Latham, NY

#6 Jun 4, 2008
i for one am real glad to see a new steakhouse come to malone it seems the trend here is build just fast food places i am glad we will have another option

Since: Nov 07

Middleville, NY

#7 Jun 4, 2008
Billy K wrote:
I feel sorry for those that have lost their lobs, due to the rough economy in Malone! It's not going to get any better, hopfully many of the local residence will shop locally, as much as possible?! I miss Malone.
Malone misses you, Billy. How are you? What are you up to these days? It's Leslie, used to be Gardner :>)

“Retired but working in Daytona”

Since: Jun 08

Burke,NY

#8 Jun 5, 2008
yeaaaaaa Billy K radio hasn't been the same.
Billy K

Montréal, Canada

#9 Jun 5, 2008
Leslie Razum wrote:
<quoted text>
Malone misses you, Billy. How are you? What are you up to these days? It's Leslie, used to be Gardner :>)

Thank you Leslie for your kind comment. I've been doing Voice work from my Studio and looking at starting a Internet Radio Station and on Sirus Radio. The Station would have my Morning Show and much more local News for Malone and area. Yes I miss Malone and all my faithful listeners very much
Billy K

Montréal, Canada

#10 Jun 5, 2008
maloneite inDaytonabeach wrote:
yeaaaaaa Billy K radio hasn't been the same.
Thank you so much....you also have made my day!
Malone Resident

Middleville, NY

#11 Jun 5, 2008
I thought this discussion was about a new Steak house in Malone? It would be nice if you want to change subjects to go to the link that states " Start a discussion" Here is a crazy thought, How about we (area residents) eat at the new Steak House, if it's good we support it it if it's bad we don't. To simple a concept? supporting local buisness just because it's local never made any sense. If you have a good product at a fair price you will get buisness, if you don't you won't, buisness law 101.

“Whats the haps peeps”

Since: Aug 07

Jacksonville, Fl

#12 Jun 5, 2008
Well up there to be honest people can't afford to eat out so is the reason why nothing good ever stays but with the area kinda growing and more tourism more things will come to malone. the need a home depot or lowes. be nice to see a movie theater or a new drive-in put up. I live here in jacksonville florida now and i visited the local drive-in every friday night til last week they sold the land to a church and closed it after 70 years. Even the mayor of the city is getting involved to find some land to put up a new drive-in cause you sure can't beat 5 bucks a head to see 3 new movies on 3 screens on any night sitting in your car brinign your own food. the drive-in here made mad cash just the owner got old and got robbed and assaulted back in september and decided he needed to sell.

Middleville, NY

#13 Jun 5, 2008
Malone Resident wrote:
I thought this discussion was about a new Steak house in Malone? It would be nice if you want to change subjects to go to the link that states " Start a discussion" Here is a crazy thought, How about we (area residents) eat at the new Steak House, if it's good we support it it if it's bad we don't. To simple a concept? supporting local buisness just because it's local never made any sense. If you have a good product at a fair price you will get buisness, if you don't you won't, buisness law 101.
Please.....lighten up-

Middleville, NY

#14 Jun 5, 2008
Billy K wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Leslie for your kind comment. I've been doing Voice work from my Studio and looking at starting a Internet Radio Station and on Sirus Radio. The Station would have my Morning Show and much more local News for Malone and area. Yes I miss Malone and all my faithful listeners very much
Hang in there, buddy- Malone is going to need a local radio station, according to the rumors. You will be welcomed with open arms!
I'm working for the stations in Massena, now- and I'm extremely happy!
Billy K

Canada

#15 Jun 6, 2008
Leslie Razum wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang in there, buddy- Malone is going to need a local radio station, according to the rumors. You will be welcomed with open arms!
I'm working for the stations in Massena, now- and I'm extremely happy!
Thanks Leslie! Are you working for the new owners? Please say hi to Don Despaw from me.
"K"
Malone Resident

Middleville, NY

#16 Jun 6, 2008
Leslie, Thanks for the reminder, I read my comments and found they were very harsh, Frustration with events around us makes you vent in ways that are not very flattering. Thanks again, I will take your advise.

Middleville, NY

#17 Jun 6, 2008
Malone Resident wrote:
Leslie, Thanks for the reminder, I read my comments and found they were very harsh, Frustration with events around us makes you vent in ways that are not very flattering. Thanks again, I will take your advise.
Billy and I are old coworkers and haven't talked for a few years- that's all. Actually, this is a great place to vent about things that frustrate you- and I didn't mean to change the subject. I, too, hope that the former Gazebo can finally be an eatery that stays. I've seen that place change hands 3 times.
saffry

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Jul 7, 2008
The new steakhouse is due to open for dinner on Wednesday. They'll be open Tuesday through Sunday, and will open for lunch within a few weeks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jones already caught being dirty 1 hr Gee 3
mr dresser 2 hr Snap-on 6
Franklin County is MISMANAGED (Oct '13) 11 hr VOTE VOTE VOTE 122
Assembly candidates speak 11 hr VOTE VOTE VOTE 6
2% county fuel tax 12 hr VOTE VOTE VOTE 21
Malone epitome of pathetic middle America 12 hr Jakejake 26
Malone and area women 13 hr church women 11
New Steak and Seafood Restaurant on Main street 18 hr threon 65

Malone Jobs

More from around the web