New York Primary Election Sept 14: Wi...

New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,769 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Really

Cicero, NY

#12104 Oct 8, 2012
Anything is more than failure Obama did, so Romney is better than Obama.
Concerned Onlooker wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so WHAT'S MITTENS GONNA DO -NOTHING ???
Really

Cicero, NY

#12105 Oct 8, 2012
Obama decided Americans did not need protection and those Americans were TORTURED, RAPED and MURDERED.
Obama decided American soldiers cannot protect themselves in Afghanistan and over 2000 men and women have been killed there.
Obama decided to fly drones and drop bombs and these bombs have killed women and children.
Obama decided to help extremist muslisms take over Lybia and Egypt and these extremists repaid his help by killing Americans.
Bird is the Word

Bronx, NY

#12106 Oct 8, 2012
POTUS wrote:
President Obama gave the order and Osama bin Laden was killed. Not to be outdone Mitt Romney will give the order, if elected, to kill Big Bird.
Inspired by Big Bird

http://i.imgur.com/ilv77.jpg
Obama is a FAILURE

Cicero, NY

#12107 Oct 8, 2012
Obama decided Americans did not need protection and those Americans were TORTURED, RAPED and MURDERED.
Obama decided American soldiers cannot protect themselves in Afghanistan and over 2000 men and women have been killed there.
Obama decided to fly drones and drop bombs and these bombs have killed women and children.
Obama decided to help extremist muslisms take over Lybia and Egypt and these extremists repaid his help by killing Americans.
Bird is the Word wrote:
<quoted text>
Inspired by Big Bird
BS Detector

Yonkers, NY

#12108 Oct 8, 2012
POTUS wrote:
President Obama gave the order and Osama bin Laden was killed. Not to be outdone Mitt Romney will give the order, if elected, to kill Big Bird.
Boy, that's Class A "Comedy Central" material!

Unfortunately, you're yukking it up while an ambassador, the USN Seals and a State Department type were RAPED and murdered.

Imagine what their final thoughts about the POS POTUS must have been.

Please note: Bragging about killing Bin Laden????? Bozo gave no order. He had to be dragged off the putting green and told to attend.

Let this jerk do his bragging in Benghazi.
Papapa uma mao mao

United States

#12109 Oct 8, 2012
That's the first and principle problem, the notion that we should kill a program because it benefits society and has no other purpose.

I think it's the notion that we should defund anything without a profit return. Sesame street / PBS - despite whatever else one may think of it, is a modest program that in it's entirety cost us less than a few weeks in Iraq. What will bring down the republic is not some public education/cultural program, who's budget ranks in line as a statistical error on the overall budget.

What brings down the republic is the notion that we need a dozen fully capable aircraft carrier groups, tens of thousands of nuclear weapons, more than 1/2 on ready alert, and a turnkey surveillance system that has many years ago now, stripped the citizenry of any semblance of privacy.

What has happened is we have given our nation over to corporations, militarists and we have all been convinced, that we can't even bother to fund our schools so that they have books or supplies. So we'll watch as our, and our children's jobs, and economic prospects crater, like that of the Soviet Union, and for the same reason, military over-expenditure and carelessness and toxic stewardship of the ship of state.

Because what a call for cutting PBS tells me - and everyone else with a sense of where the real damage is in our of budget, is, that "cutting the budget" is just another excuse to fuck over the citizenry such that they can't even understand and don't have the tools to become aware of just how entrenched interests are fucking them.

The entire political class - left and right, is toxic , and to be fair at least one can credit the GOP political class with, is perhaps being more candid in expressing their eagerness to fuck over the nation to serve their own personal interests.

This is not a conservative issue , or a liberal issue, we lost - a good long while ago, the basic concepts of civics - and given the tenor of discourse in recent years, I see absolutely nothing to suggest our nation is long for the world, in any constructive way - our politicians and media have seen to it that our citizenry simply CAN'T act in the best interests of the nation or our children or even our own economic interests without ideologically checking ourselves.
liberal

Bradford, VT

#12111 Oct 8, 2012
Really wrote:
President Obama gave the order NOT to give more security to the Ambassador from Lybia and 4 Americans were raped, tortured and killed.
<quoted text>
the repugs killed the bill to pay for more security. Get the facts right.
Romney will Kill Big Bird

Bronx, NY

#12114 Oct 8, 2012
Bird is the Word wrote:
<quoted text>
Inspired by Big Bird
Dear Mr. Romney:
I have to say, I am both shocked and disappointed by your desire to cut funding for PBS. You said at the debate that "I love Big Bird." But the sad truth is, you don't love me at all. You don't love any of us...not Bert, Ernie, Oscar, The Count, Grover or Elmo either...and who on Earth doesn't love Elmo? What's wrong with you?!

Can you please explain to me why you think it's more important, for example, to help private plane owners but not PBS? Where are your priorities? You're clearly more concerned with Wall Street than you are Sesame Street. But let me tell you something: investment bankers never taught kids how to read, write, count and to be caring, sensitive, thoughtful people. Did you know that children who watched our program have an average 16% higher GPA in high school than those who didn't? Our show also teaches them from an early age to appreciate and respect art and science.

Well maybe that's it. Maybe it's because you and your party don't appreciate and respect art and science? Maybe it stems from the desire to dismantle the Department of Education, and your statements that we don't need more teachers. Maybe it's because you've never needed outside help in your entire life because you came from a rich, privileged family who gave you everything you could ever possibly want...including the best private education available.

I'm sure you never sat on the floor of a ghetto tenement watching Sesame Street, or any other PBS program, on an old junky television with a hanger clipped to it for reception. For many of our viewers, our show is not just a free babysitter and tutor, but an entry into a world of culture and fantasy that only rich folks like you have at their fingertips every day just by waking up. Is that so hard to understand? Why is it so hard for you to grasp that some folks, and millions of children, simply need a little help in life?

Look, the government gives the Corporation for Public Broadcasting $445 million per year. As far as the $4-trilion U.S. budget goes, that's a pimple on Snuffleupagus's ass (sorry for using a bad word, but I'm very upset with you!). Is this a road you really wanna go down?

Mr. Romney, unlike most of my other cast mates who are solid Obamacons, I am, or at least until Wednesday night's debate, was an independent. But you've pushed me--and I suspect millions of concerned moms and dads--into Obama's camp. You've lost my vote. I simply cannot fathom supporting someone who doesn't recognize the value in public television and it's tremendous impact on society....both in the near and long term.

Oh, and one more thing. You should really love us because, with a name like Mitt, you could easily be one of the characters on our show....

Respectfully,
Big Bird
JesseSharptonWri ght

Stratford, CT

#12116 Oct 8, 2012
Humping Romneys Wife wrote:
<quoted text>
Do YOU realize the secret service tag-teamed her while I skull-fugged her ?
Besides, the dirty wench loved every minute of it.
The filthy distorted mind of an Obama supporter
JesseSharptonWri ght

Stratford, CT

#12117 Oct 8, 2012
time for truth wrote:
<quoted text>
which wife was it,and what did she have on for magic underwear?Was it something from "Jedidiahs' Secret"?
The filthy mind of the Obama Hastings Welfare defrauder "Democrat"

Concerned Onlooker

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#12118 Oct 8, 2012
liberal wrote:
<quoted text>the repugs killed the bill to pay for more security. Get the facts right.
Sure, Y NOT; they're BOUGHT 'n PAID FOR by DEFENSE INDUSTRY LOBBYISTS -can YOU say CHI-CHING !!!
Sloppy Seconds

Corinth, NY

#12119 Oct 8, 2012
JesseSharptonWright wrote:
<quoted text> The filthy distorted mind of an Obama supporter
You can have sloppy seconds, redneck.
NY Maniac

Fayetteville, NY

#12120 Oct 8, 2012
Really wrote:
President Obama gave the order NOT to give more security to the Ambassador from Lybia and 4 Americans were raped, tortured and killed.
<quoted text>
I HAVE to wonder where you get this garbage! There was a heightened state of Alert declared because of the acts, however they were generalized and non-specific. The Ambassador had just returned from Europe and was supposed to be in Tripoli, not Benghazi, and was told not to go there. AND he was found dead in the Embassy from smoke inhalation, not raped and tortured. Come on...turn off Fox News and research a bit...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#12121 Oct 8, 2012
Feces for obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Lacking facts, lie like a democrat, right? When was the last time the Republicans had both houses? Your talking points are getting old.
Here is the info for you
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774721.html
You can see the REP had both houses of congress from 1995 to 2007 and had all 3 parts of our gov from 2001 to 2007
House, Sen and Pres.
Have a good day

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#12122 Oct 8, 2012
Feces for obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Lacking facts, lie like a democrat, right? When was the last time the Republicans had both houses? Your talking points are getting old.
And one more thing appropriations bills like the one that would have funded this have to come from the House not the Sen side of congress and the Rep have had control of the House for the last two years or haven't you noticed
Have a nice day
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#12123 Oct 8, 2012
Papapa uma mao mao wrote:
That's the first and principle problem, the notion that we should kill a program because it benefits society and has no other purpose.
I think it's the notion that we should defund anything without a profit return. Sesame street / PBS - despite whatever else one may think of it, is a modest program that in it's entirety cost us less than a few weeks in Iraq.(balance of very thoughtful post trimmed)
I largely agree with your diagnosis, Doctor - though I suspect we may disagree on the most effective treatment for this disease.
1) The Fedzilla monster has bloated beyond all constitutional and effective bounds.
2) We should be much more fearful of the federal government monster and the permanent professional political classes - of BOTH major parties - that thrive on it at Americans' expense than we are of "corporations." Corporations have no more unwanted power over us than we make available to them throgh the federal government. Want to curtail corporations' power over your life and pocketbook? Then it follows as night follows day that you should want a much smaller, less intrusive federal government.
3) Just because some program, whatever its cost, "benefits society" is not sufficient reason to enshrine it in the federal bureaucracy and budget. Romney put it exactly right when he said his test would be "is it worth borrowing money from China to fund it?" (To this test, I would add "is it worth printing money to fund it," which is even more pernicious).
4) Some public goods and services (e.g., national defense) can only be effectively provided by the federal government. However, there are other choices for providing desireable "benefits to society" in most cases and the federal government should be the last place we look to fund these. Private philanthropy and State and local government are FAR more effective, responsive, and better providers of "benefits to society" than is the federal government.
5) PBS is a prime example - private donors and dues paid by PBS’s 350-plus member stations already pay for 60 percent of PBS's current budget - the federal government subsidy, funneled through the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, only about 12 percent. As blogger David Burge (@iowahawkblog) has tweeted,“The president of PBS makes $632k/year. I think she can afford to chip in for bird seed.”
6) Such programs that are "modest in size" only makes even stronger an argument that they are more readily and effectively funded by States, local governments, and private donors picking up the "modest" amount of slack, saving all those billions in the aggregate that are currently washed through the Washington bureaucracy, adding zero value, and adding instead layer upon layer of waste, fraud, and abuse for the benefit of the permanent professional political classes.
Bill

Cicero, NY

#12124 Oct 8, 2012
Turn you channel off MSNBC and you will find real news.

And this is from ABC news.

Oct 5, 2012 7:00amEmail Shows State Department Rejecting Request of Security Team at US Embassy in Libya

You liberal morons are all the same you think comedy central is a news station.
NY Maniac wrote:
<quoted text>
I HAVE to wonder where you get this garbage! There was a heightened state of Alert declared because of the acts, however they were generalized and non-specific. The Ambassador had just returned from Europe and was supposed to be in Tripoli, not Benghazi, and was told not to go there. AND he was found dead in the Embassy from smoke inhalation, not raped and tortured. Come on...turn off Fox News and research a bit...
Bill

Cicero, NY

#12125 Oct 8, 2012
How often can you be wrong and still continue to post your ignorance? The Republicans did NOT have control of Congress for the years posted. Get a brain.
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the info for you
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774721.html
You can see the REP had both houses of congress from 1995 to 2007 and had all 3 parts of our gov from 2001 to 2007
House, Sen and Pres.
Have a good day
Bill

Cicero, NY

#12126 Oct 8, 2012
My god the Turd is so stupid I cannot stand it.
The Republicans controlled both houses of Congress 1995 to 2000. AND what happened then. BALANCED Budgets!!!!!!!

2001 to 2003 the Dumbasscrats controlled the Senate and the Republicans controlled the House.
Froom 2007 until 2011 the Dumbasscrats controlled the complete Congress and the economic collapse was orchestrated by them. who was in the Senate during these failed years? Barack Obama. Obama was part of the Congress that destroyed the economy.
Bill

Cicero, NY

#12127 Oct 8, 2012
From 2009 to 2011, the Dumbasscrats controlled the Presidency and Congress and that led to the Obama failure of more poverty and more debt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Benko 3 hr RUSH 1
men who use women 3 hr Idontwantnoscrubs 3
Alice Center 5 hr hi there 4
Press Republican Editor HATES SMOKERS 5 hr Uncle Remus 10
County Ethics 6 hr Big Shot 44
IBC snobby sales clerks (Sep '13) 14 hr Show respect 104
News Walbridge apparently out in Malone Town Council... (Nov '15) 15 hr kand8956 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Malone Mortgages