Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

Hum,,,Medco is not going to work with the Town of Malone anymore. Why?? because a woman is asking for them to be accountable. Gee Mr Lashomb got help from them, and he is an honest man, why the problem with being accountable?? If you are going to do something in public sector you must be accountable. As the editorial in the Malone Telegram said today,,, GOod riddance,,hey Mr Lahomb are you going to push to get em back?
DaRat1978

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

Can anyone tell us who has been on the Medco Board for the past, say ten years? I wish the Malone Telegram would put the Board Memebers names in the newspaper and their history of time spent on the Board. This will say alot about who the favorites in receiving those grants for so many years are and what Board Members were involved.

Since: Aug 08

Malone,NY and Proud of it

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

I am not sure MEDCO has been around that long. I believe it was formed in order to take and administer a grant the Town or Village received some 6-8 years ago.
I find it interesting that when a public servant is holding a public service group to the fire, the group turns to run and hide. Thank you Mary Scharf for doing your job. MEDCO should be ashamed for not answering the questions it should.
Almost Me

Lexington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

The activities of MEDCO could be taken over by the IDA. They have a strong board now and with the addition of maybe a grant writer they could handle it. The one problem is that IDA has not been advertising their successes and that is stupid. They have a company moving into a building in the Malone industrial park.

There have been problems with IDA in the past. Which (suprise surprise) involved a newly elected county legislator.

The board now is solid and pays no attention to names or "the powers that be".
Not Confused

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

MEDCO has been around for 20+ years. It used to be a loan fund but recently transformed itself into a grant fund. Also recently, Board members have received grants. And interestingly enough, the recently elected county legislator is related to a self granting Board member.

Anybody confused about why they won't answer questions about how Town money is being used?

Danny Clark has been chairman of MEDCO for many years. Howard Maneely has served for years, along with Doug Yando.
NWO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

I'm just amazed that more people don't see Lashomb for what he is.
KAS_Malone

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

What is amazing to me is that the only people who suffer from this childish behavior and fighting are the "little guy" - you and me. If all those people spent as much time trying to get grants and disburse the monies as they do on all this silly political fighting and "getting back" ideology, everyone would be much better off! This is playground antics, not what this town needs when the economy is like it is! Never mind lining pockets - help out the people who put you in your "power" spot!!!!!
FAFOREVER

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

The in fighting is because of all the corrupt decisions that have favored a select few. What needs to happen is for this audit to give the public the information that is being conceiled. Then people need to be held accountable and since their is a relationship with Medco & the Town Board those people should resign immediately. What has come to light if it wasn't Mary Scharf and some other bought Town Board member had won,this corruption would continue and nothing would change. This community has to many control freaks running it and play favors for too many families. You right the little guys suffer and have for so many years, it is time for all this to end and a new start, with new people. Not the same names & realitives that have kept Malone from prospering,
Yup

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

They ALL exploit grants for all they're worth... and without regard for the people who are supposed to be served. It's a cottage industry around here and it's despicable. I can certainly see why anyone would run from and sort of accountability, when their hands have been all over the cookie jar.

Just look at COMLINKS... you post the truth and suddenly there's a CV tantrum and a Maxx attack to bury it.

But you people know what to do.

Don't you...

Since: Sep 08

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

DaRat1978 wrote:
Can anyone tell us who has been on the Medco Board for the past, say ten years? I wish the Malone Telegram would put the Board Memebers names in the newspaper and their history of time spent on the Board. This will say alot about who the favorites in receiving those grants for so many years are and what Board Members were involved.
I lot of people would like this subject to dry up and go away.
Thy know if it really gets going, it could lead to another out side audit.
We all ready know that some CPA in Malone are not as good as thy should be. The oath that thy take dose not mean anything.

just thinking
xd
almost me

Lexington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

the members of MEDCO 1 year ago were;
Gordon Dewbury was the executive director, Danny Clark was cochair, Doug yando was chair, Shawn glazier, Craig lavigne, Craig billow, Howard maneely, Brent Stewart, Bernadette logozar, Brent hesiltine, & Irv caplan.
aintit

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

Yup wrote:
They ALL exploit grants for all they're worth... and without regard for the people who are supposed to be served. It's a cottage industry around here and it's despicable. I can certainly see why anyone would run from and sort of accountability, when their hands have been all over the cookie jar.
Just look at COMLINKS... you post the truth and suddenly there's a CV tantrum and a Maxx attack to bury it.
But you people know what to do.
Don't you...
yes we do, laugh at nutcases that live their lives and try to force into everyone elses, segments of a scandel that happened years ago at your nemisis Comlinks. Can you do anything in life without an obsessive compulsive inclusion of Comlinks past problem , can you take a drink of water without choking on thoughts of comlinks taking over the world? Give it up man, not because there was not a scandel and people hurt, but because you keep re-creating imaginary demons that in fact hurt innocent people. Let that agency re-build. I'm sure it's not perfect, none are, but the past is the past, until you re-create it again. Take a nap.
trymee

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

almost me wrote:
the members of MEDCO 1 year ago were;
Gordon Dewbury was the executive director, Danny Clark was cochair, Doug yando was chair, Shawn glazier, Craig lavigne, Craig billow, Howard maneely, Brent Stewart, Bernadette logozar, Brent hesiltine, & Irv caplan.
There was some good people there, yet i certainly cannot deny there is a deviousness and denial right now. This organization also needs a do-over.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

I'am gonna clean house
DaRat1978

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

When the State finishes this audit into the Medco corruption and name the ones who are responsible for the misappropriation of tax dollars (Grant Money),then finally all these people will get whats coming to them. Bye the way all these non profits shouldn't the grants that were awarded be subject to the public's view. Also the finances should be subject to the public's review. There was a discussion at Maplefields the other day and it was brought up about certain families and do they pay Town & Village Taxes and if they do how much? Were they given special treatment by the Town & Village when purchasing property? It just seems like many questions are unanswered. The downfall of this community are the Boards (AHH, F.A., Comlinks, Medco, Town, Village etc...). Too many favors and inner circles.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

it's called the good ol boys club... and you n me are not in it..I have bigger connections...
Yup

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

DaRat1978 wrote:
When the State finishes this audit into the Medco corruption and name the ones who are responsible for the misappropriation of tax dollars (Grant Money),then finally all these people will get whats coming to them. Bye the way all these non profits shouldn't the grants that were awarded be subject to the public's view. Also the finances should be subject to the public's review. There was a discussion at Maplefields the other day and it was brought up about certain families and do they pay Town & Village Taxes and if they do how much? Were they given special treatment by the Town & Village when purchasing property? It just seems like many questions are unanswered. The downfall of this community are the Boards (AHH, F.A., Comlinks, Medco, Town, Village etc...). Too many favors and inner circles.
.... a discussion at Maplefields at the "I don't have a life club' heh heh.
Yup

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

aintit wrote:
<quoted text>
yes we do, laugh at nutcases that live their lives and try to force into everyone elses, segments of a scandel that happened years ago at your nemisis Comlinks. Can you do anything in life without an obsessive compulsive inclusion of Comlinks past problem , can you take a drink of water without choking on thoughts of comlinks taking over the world? Give it up man, not because there was not a scandel and people hurt, but because you keep re-creating imaginary demons that in fact hurt innocent people. Let that agency re-build. I'm sure it's not perfect, none are, but the past is the past, until you re-create it again. Take a nap.
Demons, my ass...

There is STILL a thief running COMLINKS.

I cannot abide by thieves who steal from the poor. COMLINKS needs to DISBAND. Anything less than that assures the continuance of the criminal culture. In short... business as usual.

COMLINKS had the opportunity to remake itself, and to rebuild. The board chose not to do that.

I can certainly understand, though, how being immersed in something like that might leave you unable to discern right from wrong.

Give THAT up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Demons, my ass...
I cannot abide by thieves who steal from the poor. COMLINKS needs to DISBAND. Anything less than that assures the continuance of the criminal culture. In short... business as usual.
COMLINKS had the opportunity to remake itself, and to rebuild. The board chose not to do that.
I can certainly understand, though, how being immersed in something like that might leave you unable to discern right from wrong.
Give THAT up.
realmalone learn it like it love it
Pogo

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Demons, my ass...
Give THAT up.
Oh here we go again!!! Yup wants everything cleaned up and changed, then consistantly comes back with, it's no use, anyone getting involved will also be corrupt. The other calling card is to overlook the steps anyone or any organizations are making, and insist because complete change didn't happen immediately, or it's not happening exactly the way he/she wants, then it can't happen. Yu'ps moral lesson if you want to believe him/her is, only I am capable of deciding what is right or wrong, and only I have answers, therefore anyone else trying to do something good, or bring change, is corrupt or inept. With that in mind, there is no use for anyone to get involved. Talk about negative values! Disband everything, nothing works, everyone is corrupt. It's a sad world Yup has, am glad some others are rising above and past, working within systems to make a difference. You do have some emerged and emerging possible heros here... Scharf, selinski, moll, they all are trying to make a difference and stay the course instead of passing only words without action.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone no amusment of america's route/location 3 hr Curious 2
John Lord 5 hr awesome 3
Dennis Mulverhill dies at 42 (Sep '13) 7 hr Meghan 70
Lorrie Jones 7 hr dumb 5
Donovans 7 hr Lateda 1
Legislature OKs NCCC budget 10 hr new resident 4
Whats the new fast food joint opening?? 13 hr factual 71

Search the Malone Forum:
•••
•••