Malone needs a new D.A.

Posted in the Malone Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
unbelievable

New York, NY

#1 Nov 11, 2012
I for one am tired of seeing these plea agreements made with Sex offenders by the DA. These guys are basically in and right back out thanks to him! I am tired of hearing how people with drug charges getting more time than people who hurt kids! The D.A should be accountable to the public and it seems to me he's not accountable to anyone if this is happening. How do we get some new blood in the DA's office????

Since: Sep 08

Kensington, MD

#2 Nov 12, 2012
Drug people don't suck him off.
Huh

New York, NY

#3 Nov 12, 2012
Some of that might depend on which drug people. There's still hasn't been an arrest of a major supplier, and the trade still goes on. Your kids are still being poisoned by these lowlifes. I believe there's a reason for that.

Absolutely, we need a new DA. Or, at least, a real election, in which two different, qualified people are running. You can't manage that? Then you are not a viable electoral unit, and you need to ask the state to help negotiate a merger with another county experiencing similar circumstances.

Just because you're an insignificant backwater run by retards, that doesn't excuse you from the constitutional requirement to stage free and fair elections. It sure doesn't matter to me whether this is Franklin County, or St. Lawrence County. But having some freaking backwoods yokel stomp all over my civil rights? My fundamental voting rights as an American citizen, guaranteed to me as a birthright by the US Constitution? Um, NO. I think not. That does matter to me, and it matters to me a whole lot.
Mr Nebbercracker

Troy, NY

#4 Nov 12, 2012
For one, plea agreements prevent the victim, especially if it is a child,from havng to testify in front of a full courtroom. Just look at the last few trials...the victms were dragged thru the mud and made fun of for having iconsistencies in their stories. Second, plea agreements are much cheaper than trials...in which the county taxpayers have to pay for the prosecution, the defense, and the confinement. And third, community supervision is most important. While in prison a perv can do whatever he wants , even choosing to serve out the whole term to avoid coming out and being supervised. When the sickos are supervised, the community can control where they live, where they work, curfew, who they have access to, when they can drive a car, and what they look at on the computer. So that explains the dirty truth about plea agreements....i dont like it either but until we build pedo-bombs...we are stuck with it
ummmmmm

New York, NY

#5 Nov 12, 2012
Huh, please refrain from using the "R" word. It is offensive and your language skills are far to developed for you to need to use it. You defend the dignity of the downtrodden, please do so in this case also.
jack meoofff

United States

#6 Nov 12, 2012
I for one went to jail for calling my ex wife the C word .I got 30 days for that. 3 hot meals and a bed .and this child abuser dont get nothing wtf
I think the system is a quite some what out of wack
in my view i should have the freedom of speech . and the person doing kids should get the death squad.and with that im just me should i be jailed for that i didnt hit her .
words can hurt someone yes .
but to damage a child damages takes away there life that they havent lived yet I will do the same thing if in the same way if i have to what will stop this child abuse if no one will take the scum off the street. you make the call .
im just sayen
ummmmmm

New York, NY

#7 Nov 12, 2012
The problem is the child has to testify in court, and this is fraught with problems.

If the abuse did occur, the child must painfully relive it. Would you want to subject your child to that torment? It is also difficult for a child to accurately remember dates and events,(especially when the defense attorney is trying to introduce reasonable doubt), so the prosecution know his case can easily be destroyed by an innocent but meaningful misstatement by his lead witness.

The other side of this coin is the American promise of protecting the rights of an "innocent until proven guilty" defendant. What if the person did not do what he/she is accused of? What if a not so honorable parent or child decides to crucify another person by making up a horrible crime. It does happen. A child is easily led, so an innocent person can easily be sent to prison for a crime that carries it's own prison based punishment.

It's easy to solve these cases from the warmth of your living room, where you only need to deal with hypothetical certainties. It's a whole other thing having to do so for real and knowing that real people are involved.

It's not as simple as you would like it to be. The DA knows this. He knows his case and his witnesses. He weighs both and makes the hard decisions. He may truly believe the defendant is guilty, but if he can't prove it, he'll take what he can get. Remember, he has to be able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. The same protections the guilty enjoy are the ones you would enjoy if someone falsely accused you of abusing a child. That's the America you all profess to love-until you don't.
unbelievable

New York, NY

#8 Nov 12, 2012
I'm just wondering when and how we can get some one new in there.
Huh

New York, NY

#9 Nov 13, 2012
You complain to the state and federal boards of election if these RETARDS run this RETARD again, unopposed.

One person running for office is not a choice. Staging elections in which there is only one choice is what the old Soviet Union used to do.

What's next? Forcing people to vote, in these non- elections? That's pretty much what the Soviets used to do.

I believe the two major parties collude over elections, and decide which cretin gets to skate (RUN UNOPPOSED or UNDER OPPOSED), and where. If you look at the whole county, this stuff seems to be beautifully balanced. In short, those who do this are cutting the voters completely out of the process. That is NOT democracy, it's a dictatorship.

Franklin County has a history of elections fraud. Make the complaint. Copy the governor's office. THAT'S what you can do.
ummmmmm

New York, NY

#10 Nov 13, 2012
Huh, please refrain from using the "R" word. It is offensive and your language skills are far to developed for you to need to use it. You defend the dignity of the downtrodden, please do so in this case also. Your blatant bigotry and obvious pride in it are completely undermining any rational argument you make. No one is listening.
Huh

New York, NY

#11 Nov 13, 2012
Oh yeah, and here we have the root of 99% of the problems around here: SELF- ENTITLED INCOMPETENT CONTROL FREAKS.

Screw you.
Mr Nebbercracker

Troy, NY

#12 Nov 13, 2012
Huh wrote:
You complain to the state and federal boards of election if these RETARDS run this RETARD again, unopposed.
One person running for office is not a choice. Staging elections in which there is only one choice is what the old Soviet Union used to do.
What's next? Forcing people to vote, in these non- elections? That's pretty much what the Soviets used to do.
I believe the two major parties collude over elections, and decide which cretin gets to skate (RUN UNOPPOSED or UNDER OPPOSED), and where. If you look at the whole county, this stuff seems to be beautifully balanced. In short, those who do this are cutting the voters completely out of the process. That is NOT democracy, it's a dictatorship.
Franklin County has a history of elections fraud. Make the complaint. Copy the governor's office. THAT'S what you can do.
Your behavior is sooo inappropriate...stomp out the R word! Please have respect!
ummmmm

New York, NY

#13 Nov 13, 2012
Huh has no respect for anyone, even though she demands that we respect her. She tolerates no criticism of her words, regardless of how offensive they may. She claims to be a progressive, but her words belay a flaming bigot and hypocrite.
MarkMyWord

Syracuse, NY

#14 Nov 13, 2012
I have a solution for all of you that want a new DA. Go to school and pass the Bar exam. Come back in 8 years and run for election.
Billy Jensen

New York, NY

#16 Nov 14, 2012
I HAVE BEEN SAYING WE NEED A NEW AND REAL D.A. FOR A LONG TIME NOW, BUT IT SEEMS TO ME ALOT OF MALONIANS ACTUALLY LIKE HAVING THE CHILD RAPISTS RUNNING AROUND FREE ....MAKES NO SENSE TO ME BUT MALONE IS WHAT IT IS....A CESSPOOL OF SCUMBAGS [ HAHA ]
Billy Jensen

New York, NY

#17 Nov 14, 2012
ALSO IT SEEMS THAT MOST MALONIANS THINK A GUY SITTING IN THE PRIVACY OF HIS OWN HOUSE SMOKING A JOINT OR SNORTING A $20 BAG OF COKE IS MUCH MORE DANGEROUS THAN A SCUMBAG RAPING CHILD MOLESTER, I DONT SEE IT BUT THEY DO, BECAUSE WATCH HOW MANY ASSHOLES ARE GOING TO POST B.S. NOW THAT I HAVE SPOKEN THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM [ HAHA ]
OBSERVER

Albany, NY

#19 Nov 14, 2012
Having lived in Franklin County all my life I have seen many DA's come and go. Derek Champagne is one of the most accomplished political hacks ever to hold the office.. He is a politician first and a trial attorney second.. As a politician he is smooth , crafty, manipulative and self serving, as a trial lawyer actually prosecuting a case he is total flop. A review of his cases, in the past , show that he personally does very little in the actual court room. Seems when major or difficult case arise, like the Comlinks mess, or a Murder case like the Brenda Snyder case, Champagne suddenly finds a conflict of interest or some reason to appoint a special prosecutor to handle the case..Very few high profile cases, if any , have been prosecuted by him, in the court room personally. The ADA's the special prosecutors have handled those.. He fails terribly as a trial attorney confronting witnesses .
However, in the area of public relations of his office he is a Perry Mason, a Clarence Darrell, an Earl Warren , as he talks up his record. THe hard cold fact is he is a good PR man and a poor DA prosecutor.. THe advise I would give to his critics is to watch what he does, and play little attention to what he says. His words are far greater than his actions.. My thinking is he wants to impress political people, not common people, he want an appointment to a judgeship or high political position rather than fame as a great court room prosecutor...

been there

New York, NY

#21 Nov 14, 2012
Have any of you actually sat on a jury for a sex trial? I have. It's not as cut and dry as people think. It has to be a very exacting evidence presentation. The minute any witness alters their story or changes times of places, or accusations, it leaves a doubt.
I was in a jury to 2 weeks and the defendant had charges of rape, sodomy, endangerment, and other assorted charges that put him in jail for 9 months even before his trial. I was the only male on that jury. The other 11 were all women.
After the testimony had been presented and we retired to the jury room and discussed the case, there were only 2 people who even remotely thought I might be guilty. It was crystal clear that this poor sap had been railroaded by the woman he called his common law wife. The rape that took place wasn't even reported until 3 days later, after they'd all gone out as a family to their camp, had an nice bar-be-cue, and after the wife got caught in a compromising position with another man. Hmm. Imagine that. After 3 hours we set this guy free.
So you see, you can't always rely on what you read of hear. All I can say is leave your opinions to yourself and judge no one until the true facts come out. God forbid, it may one day happen to you. I'm not saying this guy's NOT a piece of dog crap. I'm just saying that maybe the actual charges for which he was found guilty only warrant the lenient punishment he received. Yes, it's still a crime what he did though. SHould he have gotten worse? I can't answer that one. I wasn't on the jury. And neither were any of you.
tell the way it is

Brewerton, NY

#22 Nov 14, 2012
It might be a better idea if we got a different county judge. There should be someone out there that could run for that office.
mirror

New York, NY

#23 Nov 14, 2012
Huh wrote:
Oh yeah, and here we have the root of 99% of the problems around here: SELF- ENTITLED INCOMPETENT CONTROL FREAKS.
Screw you.
i agree with your opinion of yourself, but you shouldn't run yourself down so much, you must have some good things about you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Malone Town Board Supervisor 1 hr Tax Payer 29
Logic Prevails 1 hr Wondering 17
Sex w/the landlord 2 hr Hmmmm 32
Why do unfit parents get to keep their children 2 hr Malone ny 7
What does everyone think of that nice soccer fi... 2 hr Huh 7
fire taylor rd 5 hr Show him da money 28
Stay away from Tony Niles!! (Sep '15) 11 hr LBB2012 2
Malone Football Coaching a Joke 15 hr Taxpayer1111 47

Malone Jobs

More from around the web