Winter carnival parade.

Posted in the Malone Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Curious

New York, NY

#1 Feb 1, 2013
I know tomorrows parade starts at Brewster Street. But, does anyone have any idea how far it goes?
uh huh

New York, NY

#2 Feb 1, 2013
Morton
Wondering

New York, NY

#3 Feb 2, 2013
Isn't the Saranac Lake Winter carnival this weekend?

What kind of planing is that?

Oh wow, it's Groundhog Day, I wonder if the Herkimer Troll saw its shadow??
Egg salad

Des Moines, IA

#4 Feb 2, 2013
Is it true the monettes built a float made out of stack's of cash , and they are going to burn it tonight at the torchlight parade ?
Wondering

New York, NY

#5 Feb 2, 2013
Probably if it's soaked in booze first.

I wonder whose cash it is, anyway? Certainly not theirs... they borrow money to buy low elevation ski areas during global warming. Not a lot of business sense there.

Maybe all those people they gouge out at the gas pump?
NRA FOREVER

Mechanicville, NY

#6 Feb 2, 2013
It is kind of curious that they scheduled the same weekend as Saranac Lake.
lol

Boston, MA

#8 Feb 2, 2013
The monetes r uptight aholes plain n simple
nilknarf

New York, NY

#9 Feb 2, 2013
NRA FOREVER wrote:
It is kind of curious that they scheduled the same weekend as Saranac Lake.
The SL parade is next weekend.
Happy

Woodstock, CT

#10 Feb 2, 2013
Great job everyone!!
Wondering

New York, NY

#11 Feb 2, 2013
And the Saranac Lake Winter Carnival begins this weekend. So there's a complete overlap. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

http://www.saranaclakewintercarnival.com/

Oh well. At least there's a local parade again. That's something.
Suggestion

New York, NY

#12 Feb 2, 2013
saranac lake parade is next weekend and ours is over so why not if u want to go to Saranac lake and enjoy the things that are going on there.Not really big deal .All family fun .
Egg salad

Des Moines, IA

#13 Feb 2, 2013
Suggestion wrote:
saranac lake parade is next weekend and ours is over so why not if u want to go to Saranac lake and enjoy the things that are going on there.Not really big deal .All family fun .
I would rather attend the ball at Moe's . The malone winter carnival is better anyway....
Suggestion

New York, NY

#14 Feb 2, 2013
apparently u haven't been to the saranac winter carnival because that one is much better than malone always has been .so if u want to attend the ball go no one said u can't .my only negative comment towards saranac lake carnival there should be no drinking on the streets during the parade and u see so many people with beer so sad people can't enjoy family time without alcohol. malone Parade was nice as well glad to see malone is doing something and the kids enjoy it .
Egg salad

Omaha, NE

#15 Feb 2, 2013
I would rather dance the night away at Mo's then go up to the Titus mountain bar . The Monettes are also great dancers . The women just flock to them, and men want to be like them
ParadeGoer

Albany, NY

#16 Feb 2, 2013
The Malone parade was Great! The SL Carnival is kicked of tonight so you can enjoy both and next week you can go to the SL parade then back to malone for the Ball. Plenty of time to enjoy all the events in both towns. I also know that they do not allow beer on public streets in SL for the parade. If you see it You should alert the PD.

It is great to see the YMCA revive the Winter Carnival. Maybe next year we can bring back a softball on snow tourney etc...
Suggestion

New York, NY

#17 Feb 2, 2013
Yes it was great to see the winter carnival back in town .I enjoy both parades .would really be nice if we were able to bring back some of the marching units to the parade and the bag pipers .I love listening to the bag pipes play .Yes if I see people with Alcohol then maybe should let the PD know because u do see the PD patroling the streets there .we usually park in the same area .Alot of the drinking seems to be in the area of that bar on main street there is way to many people hanging around out side of there drinking and raising hell and fighting .I have also seen the PD walk by people with Beer in there hand and they don't seem to say anything .but i'll be sure to mention it if I see it going on this yr .
Egg salad

Des Moines, IA

#21 Feb 2, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>There is one person on here that doesn't like them very much. He's somewhat green.....not sure if he's a MARTIAN or not.
The Monette Bros. should be honored . I'm thinking a tribute like Mt Rushmore . Carve their faces in stone on Owl's head . I can't wait to whoop it up at the ball at mo's next weekend !
Happy

Woodstock, CT

#22 Feb 2, 2013
The bag pipe bands are very expensive almost $800.00 to have them come and they also have requirements the needed to be provided. Other band that are not local have the same price and needed. I for one am very proud of the few people who organized this event and the many who helped pull this off! It called helping your community not sitting back and complaining why it has nothing. Because today you saw what can happen when you want something done! Congrats Malone so very happy the Winter Carnavil is back! Just wish magic Tom was back :)
ya mon

Boston, MA

#24 Feb 2, 2013
yes these places do rock!! you people need to start supporting and stop sepressing! some of ya'll wouldnt' know a good thing if it fell in your trash talking mouths and started to wiggle!!
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Moe's ROCKS. As well as Fat Jakes and Titus Mountain....wonderful places.
working class

New York, NY

#25 Feb 2, 2013
Great job putting the parade together,it takes a lot of planning and work,proud of our little town,great job to everyone involvd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wayne Jock 33 min Hello 16
Adam livernois 3 hr Wwwwwnt 1
Malone Police Chief 4 hr Mrs Fat A 64
FR license plates 6 hr Username 6
Grape ape 6 hr RLK 3
Fair 2017 7 hr boomer 4
Brittany pepin, watch out, steaks everything 21 hr Gethelplease 7

Malone Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance