Lawsuit targets solitary confinement at Malone prison

Dec 7, 2012 Full story: North County Public Radio 12

The New York Civil Liberties Union filed a federal lawsuit Thursday, challenging the use of isolation cells in New York state prisons.

Full Story
Prison facts

Syracuse, NY

#2 Dec 9, 2012
Hey, no problem. End SHU and turn them into "program" jails....you will need more staff and more officers to run as a "program" jail and that means more jobs for the people that want them.
Dont Care

Albany, NY

#3 Dec 10, 2012
I cannot feel any pangs of sorrow for inmates put in to SHU. Prison should be a terrible place, a place an inmate never wants to come back to if they get out,, it should not be a place of, unlimited exercise facilities, 3 meals day,,some even prepared specially if you are of a particular religion, or a area for social enjoyment.
If you don't want to be in jail, or in punishment units,,, don't violate laws, hurt others, and instead of preying on society contribute to it.. I think there are people in this society who think all the people who do not violate laws should some how do our share to make sure that those who violate laws are not subjected to conditions they don't like.. TO them I say ,,, get lost. Those in jail put themselves where they are and they are responsible for what they get.
carydaway

New York, NY

#4 Dec 10, 2012
I'm glad that we are gonna start taking better care of those that are locked up because they have done wrong.

Land of the free! Home of the brave!
Fred

New York, NY

#5 Dec 10, 2012
Some inmates have to be segragated because.they are a danger to other inmates.as well as officers. Do you want your son or daughter hurt, killed or raped just because some liberal ass thinks poor Johnny has rights. This is the same guy who probably raped a 4 year old. Other inmates need to be safe too, not just. CO,S.
honest man

Cicero, NY

#6 Dec 10, 2012
most people are in jail are in jail not because they broke some law,it is because they where accused of breaking a merchant code,that belongs only on a ship,on the high seas.get it.It's all commerial,like "z" walking,stopped commerse for a second so someone has to make up for the lost time and lost revenue.What is a"statute".?look it up and you will see we been schooled.
What

Troy, NY

#7 Dec 11, 2012
honest man wrote:
most people are in jail are in jail not because they broke some law,it is because they where accused of breaking a merchant code,that belongs only on a ship,on the high seas.get it.It's all commerial,like "z" walking,stopped commerse for a second so someone has to make up for the lost time and lost revenue.What is a"statute".?look it up and you will see we been schooled.
WHAT THE HELL, ARE YOU SMOKING?? Your comments above sound like they were written by someone who failed 4 th grade and quit school in 5th,,
oooh

New York, NY

#8 Dec 11, 2012
prison is designed to punish and rehabilitate. break the rules and punishment has punishment. these little paychecks bring this on themselves. its hilarious to hear some of you fools attempt to understand this system. instead of re vamping solitary we need to reinstate the death penalty.
old sparky

New York, NY

#9 Dec 11, 2012
1000% correct start thinning the herd
Ugh

Greeley, CO

#10 Dec 11, 2012
As I read this I have SVU on the tv and it is dealing with this exact topic and it's affects. You should look it up and watch it, it's from 09 and titled "Solitary" breaks my heart and makes you understand what it would be like.i would encourage people to watch it with an open mind and really take it in before you judge. Also if we want people to stay out of jails and prisons then we best be making sure all kids go to school and finish school! Without education there is a high probability that our "future" meaning our children could very well go down the path of crime and or drugs. Get involved in the community people, tutor kids after school,throw the ball around. Hell have a meal at a dinner table without the tv being on. Talk to your kids about their day. If you don't have kids then volunteer to help one that needs it.
natural selection

New York, NY

#11 Dec 12, 2012
only a simpleton like you would think a tv show resembles the real thing.
Fred

New York, NY

#12 Dec 18, 2012
honest man wrote:
?
What the hell are you talking about ?
Fred

New York, NY

#13 Dec 18, 2012
Anyone have a clue?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cassandra Fleury 7 hr yea 2
probation violation? 8 hr curious George 1
four seasons motel 8 hr omg 4
Ferguson 9 hr Natalie 10
Hungry for Turkey 9 hr lol 4
Good contractor for vinyl siding (May '14) 9 hr Stay far away 37
Prisoner receives max sentence for assaulting c... 11 hr The Real Deal 24
Malone Dating
Find my Match

Malone People Search