Konflikt

Syracuse, NY

#1 Feb 2, 2011
With tax season here i know the question is in more peoples minds then just mine, Where can i cash my tax refunds without having a bank account? Walmart claims to cash tax refunds for only a small fee but this in fact is not true, price chopper is the same way..so with the 2 biggest stores in malone not cashing tax refunds and not having a bank account or really the need for a bank account where do i turn to get them cashed.....
Insert Name Here

United States

#2 Feb 3, 2011
I don't understand how anyone can get by these days without a bank account....??

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#3 Feb 3, 2011
Why not use it to open a free checking account at one of the banks? Then you can burn through your refund and close the account when you spend it all.
dude

United States

#4 Feb 3, 2011
sounds like someone is trying to hide something.
Yup

La Fayette, NY

#5 Feb 3, 2011
Huh.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#6 Feb 3, 2011
dude wrote:
sounds like someone is trying to hide something.
Not necessarily but possible. There is a larger percentage of people around here who do not utilize banks or credit cards than you might think. It is a cash or barter society that they live in.
dude

United States

#7 Feb 3, 2011
hey Konflikt

here's an idea. go to a trusted friend who has a bank account, deposit the check into that account, and assuming your friend has enough in his/her account to cover the check- withdraw the funds right away. just make sure the check is good so your friend doesn't get screwed over.

just a thought
right

Camden, NY

#8 Feb 3, 2011
pretty judgemental answers....there are many people who do not rely on credit cards, bank accounts, etc. to get through their daily lives, some like my grandparents lost all trust in the banks during the stock crash years ago..I still know many people with excellent jobs who do not have bank/checking accounts...and I just bet they have more cash available, and not through illegal means, then some who sit here and judge...just a thought....
bystander

United States

#9 Feb 8, 2011
Community Bank cashes income tax refund checks with two forms of ID for 10.00. They also cash state refund checks for the same price and you don't need an account, just 2 forms of id.
Mom

Gilboa, NY

#10 Feb 8, 2011
Can I claim some of the welfare recipients on my taxes
Community2

Utica, NY

#11 Feb 8, 2011
Konflikt wrote:
With tax season here i know the question is in more peoples minds then just mine, Where can i cash my tax refunds without having a bank account? Walmart claims to cash tax refunds for only a small fee but this in fact is not true, price chopper is the same way..so with the 2 biggest stores in malone not cashing tax refunds and not having a bank account or really the need for a bank account where do i turn to get them cashed.....
You can NOT cash the check by signing it over to someone else and having them deposit it.

Key Bank has in the past, and I do not know if they still do, set special branch banks that will cash those checks without an account. GOOGLE How Do I cash A Tax Refund Check. I have done it.

Good luck - and good question!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Josh cayea 15 min Malone Rant 1
Gorman Building 33 min Ewwwweewww 21
I need money 4 hr Former Landlord 41
Malone builds Court Rooms, not businesses! 19 hr Who knows 24
Mike L (Feb '17) Wed Bouji27 18
Attention price chopper shoppers (Oct '15) Wed James 20
north bangor speed limit Wed oops 12

Malone Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance