What happened to the Lewis' not flagg...

What happened to the Lewis' not flagging the derby???

Posted in the Malone Forum

curious

Caldwell, NJ

#1 Aug 5, 2012
Kinda weird not seeing the Lewis' boys flagging the derby this year.
Oh No

New York, NY

#2 Aug 7, 2012
With this recent news about derby flagging, my life has been ruined and I will find it hard to go on.
talkthetalk

New York, NY

#3 Aug 7, 2012
Most likely got better things to do.
oopsie daisy

Buffalo, NY

#4 Aug 7, 2012
In the typical Fair Association fashion, apparently they have soooo much money they decided to HIRE an organization from outside the County JUST to MC and supervise the derby. For a F.A. that claims to be soooo broke that they can't afford a better, cleaner midway, better grandstand acts, or a separate out of the way beer tent, how come they have the $$ to hire from outside the area? The Lewis's have done a great job for all these years and the F.A. calls them, with little to no appreciation or respect and relieves them of this job? What @$@holes. Oh, but the Lewis's WERE recognized for their contribution...the faces of the Lewis family in the paper said it all. The F.A. needs to ALL be relieved of THEIR duties, have their books opened and new, fresh, honest, respectable blood brought in....yeah, like that will ever happen
Nobama

Moravia, NY

#5 Aug 15, 2012
Ya they would get a free fair pass and these guys get big bucks. Only in Malone.

Since: Sep 08

Silver Spring, MD

#6 Aug 15, 2012
Its not what laws you break, Its who you break them with.
xd
youwish

New York, NY

#7 Aug 17, 2012
xdrunk wrote:
Its not what laws you break, Its who you break them with.
xd
What are you talking about?
Mystery22_1

New York, NY

#8 Aug 18, 2012
The Lewis' boys should come back. The new flaggers let lots of things go that should have been disqualified, such as hitting the cars in the driver's side doors and going over the white line.
prple

New York, NY

#9 Aug 18, 2012
They were paid good to come to the big fair maybe the St Mary's had something to do with it. Stop and think. These so called professionals didn't even have flags they had to go and buy them at midst ate what a joke. Take away things that was fine. Whatever it's sick to think of the prices I hope they lost money.
WTF

New York, NY

#10 Aug 19, 2012
The grass isn't always greener!!
maloneworker

New York, NY

#11 Aug 23, 2012
there was no longer a white line or out of bounds I was at a pit meeting when this was explained and as for the Lewis's they let ALOT of things slide too no with them gone maybe the underdogs will have a better chance as this new firm won't have those who shall remain nameless in there pockets...and from what I heard they lost money on hiring this firm even with the rise of the entry fee per car
Mystery22_1 wrote:
The Lewis' boys should come back. The new flaggers let lots of things go that should have been disqualified, such as hitting the cars in the driver's side doors and going over the white line.
highlighter

New York, NY

#12 Sep 9, 2012
I think the fair should be shut down.. It was presented to people on the village board , years ago, to start up an amusement park at the recpark in Malone. It would give summer jobs to the high school children for the summer and bring money in from all arround outside the area . But I was told it would bring in the riff raff. It would be my guess that the 'franklin county fair ' does not bring it in, according to them.
As I recall it; people getting raped, people getting murdered, people operating kiddie rides with 4" high letters on his leather jacket saying 'f#*k you' on the back. The list goes on and on. I guess carnies are not considered riff raff.So I can see why it woud be out of the question to give out jobs so high schoolers would have something to do and stay occupied for the summer. Who would have known????
highlighter

New York, NY

#13 Sep 9, 2012
Only the people in charge.
just saying

New York, NY

#14 Sep 10, 2012
the lewis boys let ALOT slide for certain people anyway. I didnt think the new guys did bad at all and they interacted with the crowd well. Oh and on a side note not all carnys are bad. Maybe you should get to know them as individuals before categorizing them all together
yup

New York, NY

#15 Sep 10, 2012
highlighter wrote:
I think the fair should be shut down.. It was presented to people on the village board , years ago, to start up an amusement park at the recpark in Malone. It would give summer jobs to the high school children for the summer and bring money in from all arround outside the area . But I was told it would bring in the riff raff. It would be my guess that the 'franklin county fair ' does not bring it in, according to them.
As I recall it; people getting raped, people getting murdered, people operating kiddie rides with 4" high letters on his leather jacket saying 'f#*k you' on the back. The list goes on and on. I guess carnies are not considered riff raff.So I can see why it woud be out of the question to give out jobs so high schoolers would have something to do and stay occupied for the summer. Who would have known????
That jacket on YOUR back, you ignoramus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bye bye T Bone! 1 hr Good 3
Stay away from Tony Niles!! (Sep '15) 1 hr What were u thinking 38
Brittany pepin, watch out, steaks everything (May '17) 1 hr Dumb 39
Ron Reyome 2 hr Next 3
Yando's Big M Buyout 5 hr Sumner 41
Murder in Duane 8 hr Diggin Upbones 4
Cps 10 hr Boomer 2
Murder 18 hr Haha 2
John Castner charged with murder?!?! Thu Seth 3

Malone Jobs