Why Does Malone insist on having scho...

Why Does Malone insist on having school with bad weather???

Posted in the Malone Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MaloneCitizen

Malone, NY

#1 Dec 7, 2010
It is horrible why be so stuburn, Barely can drive and you expect me to go in harms way and danger my family-
Gigi

Ithaca, NY

#3 Dec 8, 2010
They like to save up all the snow days and add them onto their spring break vacations for an extra 5 days in Mexico! It's stupid to send the kids out on those horrible roads and put their lives at risk...
village people

United States

#5 Dec 8, 2010
I agree with everyone but Maxx Pissbody on this subject. Even if they would allow a one or two hour delay, it would be a break to parents who drop their kids off at school. It will take a death or serious injury before someone starts making smart decisions at the school.
For what its worth

Saranac Lake, NY

#6 Dec 8, 2010
Good Grief people! Kids these days don't get enough education as it is and you want them to close schools for a little bit of snow? When I was in school (back before the earth cooled) school wouldn't close unless 2 feet of snow fell. The person stating the extra days for vacation is right on though. The teachers unions require a certain number of days off and teaching. To change that takes and act of God. God forbid if they actually had to work all year like most of us do.
surely you jest

Boonville, NY

#8 Dec 8, 2010
For what its worth wrote:
Good Grief people! Kids these days don't get enough education as it is and you want them to close schools for a little bit of snow? When I was in school (back before the earth cooled) school wouldn't close unless 2 feet of snow fell. The person stating the extra days for vacation is right on though. The teachers unions require a certain number of days off and teaching. To change that takes and act of God. God forbid if they actually had to work all year like most of us do.
Please refrain from making negative comments about teachers just because you ended up being a frustrated old prude that never contributed anything to society.
Malonecitizen

Malone, NY

#9 Dec 9, 2010
For what its worth? your a idiot!A little bit of snow? there was plenty of snow Now please smartin up
omg

Sharon, CT

#10 Dec 9, 2010
Why not complain to the school board instead of complaining on here? I know why, you don't have the balls to complain face to face!
Bright Idea

Childwold, NY

#11 Dec 9, 2010
Keep your kids at home and school them. There will be no worries for you about venturing out in weather and endangering them. If you don't like that idea you could take them to Mexico for the winter. I'll stop by on my extended Spring vacation and say hi.
For what its worth

Saranac Lake, NY

#12 Dec 9, 2010
surely you jest wrote:
<quoted text>Please refrain from making negative comments about teachers just because you ended up being a frustrated old prude that never contributed anything to society.
Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't know that you knew who I was. Now, why in the hell would you make such a comment unless you're just plain mean and nasty to strangers? What was the basis? Just wanted to strut your stuff? Show off like a BIG MAN? Nope. Probably just wanted to sound like you actually knew something.
The teachers around here have it good - as they do in other areas. I'd love to have a job where all I have to do is work 180 days per year and have weeks off for holiday times, etc. Why can't these teachers use all this holiday time to have their teachers meetings and training, etc.? I think it's a good time to do the things they normally close the schools to do. Teacher enhancement day or whatever. Use all that holiday time instead and dedicate more time to teaching our kids so they're not as illiterate as most of the people on this forum.
For what its worth

Saranac Lake, NY

#13 Dec 9, 2010
Malonecitizen wrote:
For what its worth? your a idiot!A little bit of snow? there was plenty of snow Now please smartin up
Give me a break! You wimps. You're all too lazy to go out and shovel a little bit when we get 6 inches of snow. It would do most of Malone's lard asses some good.
The little bit of snow we got around here hardly qualifies it to close the schools. What next? Close the stores like Walmart and Kmart? People get to work, regular buses run, trucks make deliveries, etc. Schools should stay open unless it's a serious snow blizzard like we used to have.
It's people like you that are causing our kids to be less educated because every time you turn around you're saying we should do this or do that or whatever. Toughen up for God's sake. It's high time our kids got a decent education. You don't think I'm right?? Just look at how some of them spell and write. And how little they know about basic math or science. Wake up people. PLEASE - for the sake or our kids.
And by the way, I have 3 family members that are teachers. Not in this area but they ARE teachers. One of them agrees with me 100%. She teaches in Essex Junction Vermont.
I'm not here to argue. I just want our kids to be educated and prepared properly for life. Does that make me a bad person?
It's called "giving a shit" people. We all should.
idea123

United States

#14 Dec 9, 2010
There were plenty of upset teachers over the whole thing. The buses were late - very late up to the high school and several staff went off the roads. It is the superintendent and the bus garage director who make the decisions - not staff. Even the school principals have no say in the matter. A delay would have been appropriate - they couldn't start class on time anyway. With the cutbacks at DOT the roads are going to be worse this year. Believe me - people should be complaining to the superintendent's office - if enough people tell him that they need to delay or close in bad weather then maybe he'll do something. I just hope it doesn't take a bus accident with kids killed before he realizes it.
tcrinny

Boonville, NY

#15 Dec 9, 2010
People who complain about teachers need a life. Did you go to college for 5 years? If you think it is such an easy job, why aren't you doing it? The ignorance of some of you is mind blowing! The Superintendent decides if the weather is bad enough for a snow day with input from the transportaion supervisor. If you want to complain about the people actually responsible for snow days and delays, complain about them. Snow days have nothing to do with teachers you uneducated, ignorant bunch of idiots.
viewpoint

Boonville, NY

#16 Dec 9, 2010
For what its worth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't know that you knew who I was. Now, why in the hell would you make such a comment unless you're just plain mean and nasty to strangers? What was the basis? Just wanted to strut your stuff? Show off like a BIG MAN? Nope. Probably just wanted to sound like you actually knew something.
The teachers around here have it good - as they do in other areas. I'd love to have a job where all I have to do is work 180 days per year and have weeks off for holiday times, etc. Why can't these teachers use all this holiday time to have their teachers meetings and training, etc.? I think it's a good time to do the things they normally close the schools to do. Teacher enhancement day or whatever. Use all that holiday time instead and dedicate more time to teaching our kids so they're not as illiterate as most of the people on this forum.
Yes you would love to have a job like this but you were not ambitious nor intelligent enough to work for an education. Your jealousy is very apparent. However you do an excellent job as a turd...keep up the good work!
idea123

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#17 Dec 10, 2010
There's another supposed storm on the way. Let's see what decision is made on this day.
Bright Idea

Childwold, NY

#18 Dec 10, 2010
If you get your airplane ticket now you can get out before the next storm Sunday. Sorry They don't take benefit cards at the airports.
For what its worth

Tully, NY

#19 Dec 10, 2010
You all are so witty. I'm sad for you.
For what its worth

Tully, NY

#20 Dec 10, 2010
Must have had too many snow days when you were in school??
trailertrash

United States

#21 Dec 10, 2010
tcrinny wrote:
People who complain about teachers need a life. Did you go to college for 5 years? If you think it is such an easy job, why aren't you doing it? The ignorance of some of you is mind blowing! The Superintendent decides if the weather is bad enough for a snow day with input from the transportaion supervisor. If you want to complain about the people actually responsible for snow days and delays, complain about them. Snow days have nothing to do with teachers you uneducated, ignorant bunch of idiots.
wow.....i pray to God you do not teach in a classroom with one of my children...so tacky! I see you are a little defensive, we must have hit a nerve about how good you have it!
For what its worth

Tully, NY

#22 Dec 10, 2010
viewpoint wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you would love to have a job like this but you were not ambitious nor intelligent enough to work for an education. Your jealousy is very apparent. However you do an excellent job as a turd...keep up the good work!
Yeah sure. Like you know me so well. Response like this are so immature. It's like the person making them don't have enough brains to come with something more original.
I'm not jealous a bit. I have a state job and make a lot more money than these teachers do. And I didn't have to spend 4 years in college to do it either.
Judging from the spelling, grammar, math abilities, scholastic scores, etc. these high price teachers aren't doing their job very well. I used to cringe when my kids brought home papers they'd turned in and the things that should have been corrected weren't. I even asked an English teacher why they don't teach proper English and his reply was that as long as everyone else is doing it, why teach it. It's become acceptable to be illiterate I guess.
You can get mad at me for picking on teachers but there isn't one tax payer out there that isn't envious of a career that allows for such a high wage and with such little time to do the job. I don't mind paying their wages but I'd like to see better result for my investments.
That's it from me on this subject. I stand by what I said and frankly, I couldn't care less what the rest of you think.
tcrinny

Boonville, NY

#23 Dec 10, 2010
trailertrash wrote:
<quoted text>
wow.....i pray to God you do not teach in a classroom with one of my children...so tacky! I see you are a little defensive, we must have hit a nerve about how good you have it!
Yeah right! This coming from someone calling themselves trailer trash. I'm not a teacher by the way. I just get sick of the ignorance that starts every time teachers are mentioned. Two of my siblings are teachers as well as a few friends. Teachers do have a nice schedule, that much I'll give you. It isn't all sunshine and roses though. I think that after going to college for five years, being required by NYS to take re-certification courses every year, spending hours after school almost every day grading papers, writing lesson plans, setting up classrooms, and so on, teachers deserve a lot more respect than some people choose to give them. Are there some bad teachers out there? Of course! Just like there are in any profession. I know many more good teachers than bad ones. When you all graduated from high school, you had the option to go to college and become a teacher. The amount time off has always been the same. It's no secret!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tear down the old hotel! 29 min citizen 65
News Solitary confinement deal reached for NY prison... (Jan '16) 5 hr Allforit 89
The fair sucked this year 6 hr Cat Lady 12
He wants JOYCE home 6 hr RAZE THE PRISONS 15
Sex w/the landlord 6 hr Oldest Profession 18
Pershing 7 hr Change Is Here 14
Franklin county fair gets government funded mon... 7 hr Kiddingme 34

Malone Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Malone Mortgages