Bicentennial parade is taking a bumpy path

Apr 12, 2008 Full story: www.pressrepublican.com 8

Making sure the participants of the bicentennial parade get to the bicentennial celebration is becoming a headache for Evon Tarbell.

Full Story

Since: Dec 07

Lincolnton, NC

#1 Apr 12, 2008
Why can't the floats be stored at and worked on at the Franklin County Fairgrounds property? Isn't this area still secured by a fence?

“Whats the haps peeps”

Since: Aug 07

Jacksonville, Fl

#2 Apr 12, 2008
Only way that would happen if the Maneeley's who seem to run the town and the fair get paid for the use of the fair grounds

Since: Nov 07

United States

#3 Apr 12, 2008
james carley wrote:
Only way that would happen if the Maneeley's who seem to run the town and the fair get paid for the use of the fair grounds
Why don't you like the Maneely's? As far as I know Howard is town supervisor and Pat is head of the fair board. Do you know something we don't? You mention them a lot is all.

Lincolnton, NC

#4 Apr 13, 2008
Well i don't know who these people are and honestly don't care either way, however if they are good or bad they still should want to help the community if and when they can. Sounds like they are in a position to help since they seem to have some so called pull in the town.

United States

#5 Apr 13, 2008
shannon s wrote:
Well i don't know who these people are and honestly don't care either way, however if they are good or bad they still should want to help the community if and when they can. Sounds like they are in a position to help since they seem to have some so called pull in the town.
Far as I know, they do.

Lincolnton, NC

#6 Apr 15, 2008
Leslie your location is Malone? Do you know someone that knows these people, or do you know them personally? Either way maybe you could get involved with this project, seems it would be a great event to get yourself involved in, and would maybe boost the peoples moral in the town, maybe then some pride would be taken in Malone. It only takes one to start the path to better things. I would encourage you and all your friends and family to start it, and challenge others, from friends, family, local business owners and county seat holders, to get there hands dirty it that is what it takes to pull this event together and see it be a great success.

United States

#7 Apr 15, 2008
No thanks. Five years ago, I'd have been running the show- Now- I'm leaving this god forsaken place ASAP. I do know these people personally and I know that they do all they can do within their power (both entities are board run).
I once had the job of boosting people's morale and being very involved in my community; I ended up resigning because my president was toxic and twisted and my board had no spine. This is Malone. Some people are involved in everything with their heart, some people are not involved at all, and some people are grandstanding micromanagers who need mental help. Perhaps you should move to Malone, Shannon? Lord knows this place needs outspoken unafraid citizens.

Lincolnton, NC

#8 Apr 16, 2008
LOL, well i am outspoken and am not afraid to voice my thoughts. However no jobs in Malone to bring me back to the area. I actually grew up in Brushton where my father was on the board of trustees for the village. I would love to go up and put a boot in someones butt to get the show on the road so to speak. Why is everyone afraid to do and or say anything? We live in a democracy, no one should hold back on expressing thoughts, views, emotions,etc... about the town and what goes on in it, afterall they live and pay taxes in the county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
probation violation? 1 hr pray 4
Ferguson 2 hr Winchester 15
Hungry for Turkey 4 hr The Impossible Girl 7
Cassandra Fleury 5 hr peace 3
IBC snobby sales clerks (Sep '13) 8 hr moore 39
Prisoner receives max sentence for assaulting c... 10 hr my guess 25
Necht Cooker Hood 12 hr makankonate 1
Malone Dating
Find my Match

Malone People Search