Why are the Gas Prices going Up only ...
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
hmmmmm

New York, NY

#68 Sep 9, 2012
highlighter wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnolds will never hert for money. they have all the money they need for anything, where you been hiding.
What doe4s this have to do with my post? You're making no sense at all.
hmmmmm

New York, NY

#69 Sep 9, 2012
highlighter wrote:
<quoted text>
they have competition out there . you can find cheaper. for instance. When MALONE WAS SELLING IT FOR $3.92 A GAL. LYON MT WAS SELLING IT FOR $3.53 A GAL. THE PRICES JUMP AROUND ELSEWARE. BUT NOT IN MALONE....!!!!!!
No it wasn't. Lyon Mountain gas is ALWAYS higher than Malone.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#70 Sep 9, 2012
hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>No it wasn't. Lyon Mountain gas is ALWAYS higher than Malone.
Not always as there have been times that Lyon Mountain has been involved in the gas war in Dannemora that takes place between Stewart's and Maplefield's. I don't know about right now since it's been a while that I have taken 374 to go to Plattsburgh.
screw the USA

New York, NY

#71 Sep 9, 2012
Look back into Feb. 2008 and the price of crude oil was the same then as it is today - around $96 a barrel. But the price of gas during that same time was $3.04 per gallon. So why is it when the price of crude is hovering around the same price as 2008 - the price of gasoline is 80 cents more now than is was then? You don't have to believe me. You can go here: http://www.eia.gov/oog/info twip/twip_crude.html and see it for yourself. Click on the link for "more data" and it'll take you way back to the 80's for prices back then all the way to now. You can do this for gas, oil, diesel, propane. Very interesting reading.
screwing the USA

New York, NY

#72 Sep 9, 2012
NOTE: THe last post I made was suppose to be posted under the name SCREWING THE USA; not SCREW THE USA. My bad. All my humble apologies to everyone. This country may not always agree with us who live here, but it's still the best country in the world hands down.

Here's the complete link to the site I posted

http://www.eia.gov/oog/info/twip/twip_crude.h...
hmmm

New York, NY

#73 Sep 14, 2012
Malonian wrote:
Observer, the million gallon limit was set by the wholesaler, not Monettes, so you undermined your own argument. They are a drop in the bucket to a wholesaler who deals in tens of millions of gallons, you grossly overestimate their influence in the world.
And I highly doubt that Maplefields and Stewarts are doing what the Monette's tell them to, and they have their fuel delivered by someone other than Monettes. Why does no one bash them, perhaps they're setting the "fixed" price.
Brushtongirl says it right-look beyond Malone. Typical small town-success breeds contempt.
You say they could make a good profit, maybe so, but they choose to meet the going price in Malone, and it's their business, not yours.
I know for a fact that Stewarts checks the local prices and adjusts theirs to the market trend. This is indeed a fact. I'm sure others do the same. Whatever the market will bear I suppose. The biggest problem we have is the land taxes these places have to pay in this village and town and county. It's outrageous! And local permitting for in-ground tanks adds that much more to them all. But Malone's biggest problem is the cost of doing business. Taxes!

Since: Dec 10

New York, NY

#74 Sep 21, 2012
fact market prices been going down since Monday, at one time almost .20 a gal . Was in Potsdam Thursday evening ,price of gas $4.04 , drove through Malone still $4.19 , at least in Chateaugay it went down to $4.17????,can't believe how greedy these companies are
OBSERVER

Hudson, NY

#75 Sep 21, 2012
Its not a secret to those of us who live here,,, if the world markets or world events even push oil prices up,,, within a day or so the prices in Malone rise,often 4 or more cents at a clip and are always higher than surrounding areas. However, went prices go down on the world scene,, it take a week or better for local adjustment to be made and then only a penny or two a gallon.. I notice that the Stewards on the corner of Ft Covington St is always a penny lower than all the other stations,,,could this be a kind of local ploy to show to the people that watch price fixing, that there is really competition here,,, if so its a joke.. THe greed factor has been present in the hearts and minds of those selling gasoline in Malone for years,, and they just laugh our pathetic attempts to do anything about it. They know there is little if anything we can do, and are willing to accept our anger or frustration because of the extra money they make,,, its money over all that counts,, they show their true character each day,,, we the pee ons suffer they live in grand style and care not what we think or do,
BEBABS

New York, NY

#76 Oct 14, 2012
as of 10/13 in Lake George, tourist trap of the north, gas was 3.99! Pretty sad Malone is at 4.19! I will go out of my way to buy gas out of town!
SRF

New York, NY

#77 Oct 15, 2012
I've seen gas prices fluctuate three times in one 24 hr day! One day at 9AM price was 4.14. At 10 AM same station the price was 4.17.???
Moses Devine

Boston, MA

#78 Oct 15, 2012
contact Betty Little, see what she says. Topix is not going to get you anywhere. I have contacted her, the more people that contact her maybe something will get done. If nothing gets done, DON'T RE-ELECT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happen 25 min Winter 8
Wal-Mart employees 42 min Ambrosa 1
Brad 46 min Jessabe 1
Yando's Big M Buyout 57 min jim bob 15
Yandos closing 11 hr Yup 37
New pizza place 13 hr FtX 7
Price Chopper overnight crew very disrespectful Sat hah 51

Malone Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance