Comments
1 - 20 of 122 Comments Last updated Mar 1, 2014
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
maybelookin

Tully, NY

#1 Oct 1, 2011
Feel the need to look for a church, nothing ritualistic or dead, some place relevant but not all about health, wealth and prosperity teachings. Which churches are for real? Which ones have you been to that are off the wall or unfriendly? Please help me choose?
NCC Member

Troy, NY

#2 Oct 2, 2011
Check out this place:

http://www.nccmalone.com/

The people are friendly. The church offers a lot of ways for you to get connected to other people outside of the worship service. The preaching is awesome (Check out some past sermons on their site). The worship itself is far for ritualistic or dead. People who wish to be vibrant have a way to do so while there is no pressure put upon those who are a little inhibited.

As my name indicates, I am a member. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
bobbyok

Boonville, NY

#3 Oct 3, 2011
NCC is a fine church, I visited there a year ago, but I think the request seems to reference or desire a non-charismatic or non-pentacostal based church that is alive, and relevant. If so I visited Lifeway Community in north Bangor the last two weeks. They are contemporary but still hold to some traditional ways as well. The praise and worship team is laid back but contemporary and very good. They do some multi-media stuff, like short videos and a song or two is in video format, the Pastor (Selinski?)really surprised me, When not traveling, I belong to a four thousand member church in texas and this guy is as good a preacher or teacher in any mega church. The place was friendly, but not in any overwhelming way, they had a coffee cafe for before and after services and many stay afterwards to visit. They had childrens programs but i don't have kids so don't know much about them. I would go there if I lived in Malone are just for the Biblical-up to date/relevant, preaching, and I would enjoy the service that seemed to be too short but actually lasted an hour and 15 minutes. I wanted more.This will be my last week to visit in this area this year, and I will probably go back to Lifeway for my last Sunday here.
unreasonable

Tully, NY

#4 Oct 4, 2011
what kind of church you looking for?
Yup

Tully, NY

#5 Oct 4, 2011
How can you live in a good green place like this and still want to belong to a church?

Go somewhere upwind from the nearest pasture, breathe deeply, and cherish the freedom that you now have, to actually be able to live relatively free of environmental toxins. And ask yourself, "Do I really need to dive right back into the vat?"

And go to the movies instead.
klm45

United States

#6 Oct 4, 2011
If you desire a traditional mainstream approach, centenary is all church was in our parents day. Freindly, comforting, lots of achoring tradition, pastor is nice guy. First baptist in malone also, is thechurch for you if you looking for old fashioned preaching and lots of gospel music, they are gay affirming and not demanding of any need tochange who you are. Congregatipnal church isslepy and religious. In north bangoryou havethe baptist chapel, old fashioned approach with ten totwenty old folks attending. Lifeway communty in bangor has really intresting teaching and preaching, kinda geared to30 somethings, but all ages there,.finney blvd seems ok, just not exciting. Carefull some local churches are realy weird,.
carolisright

United States

#7 Oct 4, 2011
There is only one real church, the Roman Caatholic church. everyone else goes to hell.
what

Lake Placid, NY

#8 Oct 4, 2011
carolisright wrote:
There is only one real church, the Roman Caatholic church. everyone else goes to hell.
So, we can assume that child molestation is acceptable, biblical, and religious behavior that Jesus approves of. It appears that the Catholic elders feel it is.
carolisright

Clay, NY

#9 Oct 4, 2011
Forgive me for being so wrong. I am mean and there is only one place for me to go.
and "caroliswrong"
Curious

Troy, NY

#10 Oct 4, 2011
klm45 wrote:
If you desire a traditional mainstream approach, centenary is all church was in our parents day. Freindly, comforting, lots of achoring tradition, pastor is nice guy. First baptist in malone also, is thechurch for you if you looking for old fashioned preaching and lots of gospel music, they are gay affirming and not demanding of any need tochange who you are. Congregatipnal church isslepy and religious. In north bangoryou havethe baptist chapel, old fashioned approach with ten totwenty old folks attending. Lifeway communty in bangor has really intresting teaching and preaching, kinda geared to30 somethings, but all ages there,.finney blvd seems ok, just not exciting. Carefull some local churches are realy weird,.
If you feel that there is no need to change who you are, then why are you going to a church?
Curious

Troy, NY

#11 Oct 4, 2011
carolisright wrote:
I have read the entire Bible, and I didn't ever see anything close to what you are claiming. In fact, many of the things that the Roman Catholic church teaches are contradicted by the Bible.
I would advise you to read the Bible for yourself and see what it actually says.
Yesterday and Today

Enfield, CT

#12 Oct 4, 2011
Carol- that was hilarious.

I follow the Frank Burns philosophy: I avoid the church religiously.
sinner

Boonville, NY

#13 Oct 4, 2011
I attend Burke Church, and highly recommend it! Lot's of things to get involved in, programs etc. New hope in Potsdam is good but maybe too far. Lifeway Church is the main sponsor for the homeless shelter and the teaching is good, Cooks Corners used to be a good bet, but not sure anymore.
Yup

Tully, NY

#14 Oct 5, 2011
Religion has been, and has only been, a mechanism of social control since the beginning of time. Fortunately in the US we are guaranteed freedom FROM religion along with the freedom to practice whatever silliness we choose.

Churches are all pretty well full of people who can't or won't think for themselves. So it's like ice cream... basically really really bad for you, but available in every flavor imaginable.

Take your pick... and don't forget the nuts. Because they obviously won't. Or can't. Or WON'T.

And I especially love the nasty sneery unhappy face! It SO reminds me of just who you people are.

Have a nice day!
Father Molestor

Tully, NY

#15 Oct 5, 2011
Do you have little boys???
toomuch

Boonville, NY

#16 Oct 5, 2011
Yup wrote:
Religion has been, and has only been, a mechanism of social control since the beginning of time. Fortunately in the US we are guaranteed freedom FROM religion along with the freedom to practice whatever silliness we choose.
Churches are all pretty well full of people who can't or won't think for themselves. So it's like ice cream... basically really really bad for you, but available in every flavor imaginable.
Take your pick... and don't forget the nuts. Because they obviously won't. Or can't. Or WON'T.
And I especially love the nasty sneery unhappy face! It SO reminds me of just who you people are.
Have a nice day!
And yet here you are, showing an anger, a hatred, belittling 85+% of this nations population, simply because you do not choose to believe. And no one needs freedom protection FROM religion, it is a choice and that choice is what is protected and goverment shal ot infringe upon it. This topic was not a request for your narrow minded opinions about faith in a deity, itwas to others with a faith to pass on info. Why infringe upon others reqests and search? Look for an open forem designed to debate instead of hurting others because you are feeling so amazingly superior?

And yes we can agree that religion and faith associations can bring out the bad in people, and when unrestrained by morals and ethics it can be harmful, much like government, money, authority positions in every life venue... wars have also bee fought over land ownership, boundry lines, water rights, natural resources, race, cultural and societal regards... so why insist or desire religion be reduced, terminated repressed, when you cetainly can't desire to eliminate, goverment, land ownership, culture, etc? I think you must be a very bitter person, angry at your shortcomings or failures, you post negativity and your fears resulting in paranoia and conspiracy thearies everywhere on this malone site.I'm not religious, but that's my choice, my freedom, why not make your choice and shut up unless asked to politely debate in an open forum?
Yup

United States

#17 Oct 5, 2011
Yup wrote:
Have a nice day!
This sounds like an over educated brainwashed ex history professor who greatly misses the control he had over his classes. Sadly, he is too myopic to view himself and the world honestly as the truth that he is the equivalent of an unimportant slime mold is just too difficult to bear.
Del

Malone, NY

#18 Oct 5, 2011
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds like an over educated brainwashed ex history professor who greatly misses the control he had over his classes. Sadly, he is too myopic to view himself and the world honestly as the truth that he is the equivalent of an unimportant slime mold is just too difficult to bear.
I never read a better observation of Malone Yup! I don't think hes a ex history professor though. He strikes me more as the type who got his Education on his parents or the Goverments Dime and has been sitting on his dead ass ever since he Graduated. His whole way of thinking screams MSNBC and NPR.I don't belive he can think on his own so he mimics MSNBC and NPR jeez with his Spell Checker hes a regular Einstein.He kind of reminds me more of Rosie O'Donell than a Professor.
Yup

United States

#19 Oct 5, 2011
Del wrote:
<quoted text> I never read a better observation of Malone Yup! I don't think hes a ex history professor though. He strikes me more as the type who got his Education on his parents or the Goverments Dime and has been sitting on his dead ass ever since he Graduated. His whole way of thinking screams MSNBC and NPR.I don't belive he can think on his own so he mimics MSNBC and NPR jeez with his Spell Checker hes a regular Einstein.He kind of reminds me more of Rosie O'Donell than a Professor.
no I disagree, he has transplant uber liberal retired history professor written all over him.
Yup

United States

#20 Oct 5, 2011
show us YOUR transcripts alleged genius among Tea Party troglodytes

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amy bower 12 min i know who 28
Dr. Varghese leaving Malone 43 min 12953resident 36
jody st mary 2 hr Franklin 27
Forts brick house 5 hr Radio Flyer 5
doggy day care 5 hr same 6
holly 9 hr Time to Change 11
Malicious posts 12 hr Annie 3
Dairy Queen 15 hr First Amendment 11
•••
•••