First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BMC member

New York, NY

#1 Jul 30, 2012
Question, nothing more nothing less so dont make this post anything more PLEASE
All I want to know is what the benefit is for, meaning where and what is the money for that is being raised. Thank you very much
malone resident

New York, NY

#2 Jul 30, 2012
I think it is to raise money for the families funeral expense.
rock

Waterford, NY

#3 Jul 30, 2012
I wondered that myself. Not something you see every day.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#4 Jul 30, 2012
malone resident wrote:
I think it is to raise money for the families funeral expense.
Insurance from their insurance as well as the trucks should be more than enough for funeral expenses.
Malonian

New York, NY

#5 Jul 30, 2012
Don't worry.....no one is going to ask you to part with any of your food stamps, ding dong.
ftyiop

New York, NY

#6 Jul 31, 2012
Since when do u make money off this stuff? I think this is out of line
Malonian

New York, NY

#7 Jul 31, 2012
All but two of these posts are from the same disgusting little creep. He often poses as me and used to pose as Yup. I call him the Fake Me/Nuts Yup.

You are truly loathsome, Troll Boy.
BMC member

New York, NY

#8 Jul 31, 2012
I am the one who asked the question, my location last week stated I was in Malone,NY so locations vary I posted one time only in this thread I am not posing to be anyone thank you very much, I asked a question and a question only. I did not want this thread to get out of control I should have known by all the others that was a big task to ask for.
If you cant have an adult like conversation move on.
GOOD juju

Amsterdam, NY

#9 Jul 31, 2012
BMC member wrote:
I am the one who asked the question, my location last week stated I was in Malone,NY so locations vary I posted one time only in this thread I am not posing to be anyone thank you very much, I asked a question and a question only. I did not want this thread to get out of control I should have known by all the others that was a big task to ask for.
If you cant have an adult like conversation move on.
here's the article in the PR this morning, hope this helps:

By DENISE A. RAYMO, Press-Republican Press-Republican

MALONE — A pot-bellied pig, a grandfather clock and a bull are among 100 items to be auctioned Wednesday to benefit the families of five Brushton residents killed July 19 near Watertown.

The fundraiser is set for 4 to 10 p.m. at the Franklin County Fairgrounds in the new Tavern by the Track beer pavilion, which will be dedicated by the County Agricultural Society Board of Directors at 11:30 a.m. that day.

The money will go to the families of Laurie Dana; her daughters, Lauren, 11, and Caitlyn, 14; her mother-in-law, Janet Dana; and Caitlyn’s best friend, Shannon Planty, 14; all of whom died when a tractor-trailer crashed into a line of cars waiting at a road-construction site on Route 11 in the Town of Antwerp near the St. Lawrence/Jefferson County line.

Laurie, her daughters and Shannon were on their way to Syracuse for a doctor’s appointment for Lauren, who had juvenile diabetes.

Janet was along for the ride to buy school clothes for her granddaughters.

A sixth Franklin County resident traveling in a separate vehicle, MaryAnn Gregory of Dickinson Center, was also killed in the crash.

Charges are pending against the tractor-trailer driver, James Mills Jr. of Myerstown, Pa., State Police said.

A TRAGIC LOSS

Wednesday’s event kicks off with a benefit meal at 4 p.m. that includes hot dogs, hamburgers, salt potatoes, corn-on-the-cob, ice cream and beverages followed by a silent auction. Tickets are $10 for individuals and $30 for a family.

Items such as afghans, baked goods, home-made crafts, four passes for 18 holes of golf at Highland Greens Golf Club and gift certificates will be available for bid.

At 8 p.m. sharp, the live auction begins in the livestock-show arena, where auctioneers from Delarm & Treadway Auction Service will offer up a variety of larger donated lots, said Dale Chapin, a close family friend of the Danas and president of the Agricultural Society.

Items also include the cherrywood clock, valued at $2,500 and donated by Fleming’s Fine Furniture; three calves; three bred Holstein heifers; a purebred Holstein calf; square and round bales of hay; a weed whacker; and a dinner and boat tour of Mountain View for eight people donated by the Mountain View Lake Association.

“We’ve even got 25 pasture mats, which are about $100 each,” Chapin said, referring to flooring placed under livestock so the cattle can lie down comfortably in a barn.

He said fliers will be available that list the lots so bidders can be prepared.

“All of these things are donated,” he said.“There were a lot of people who wanted to do something for the families who maybe couldn’t make it to the services.

“Some didn’t even know the families and wanted to donate,” Chapin said.“We just hope people will come out and support these families who have suffered such a tragic loss.

“This (crash) touched so many people in Franklin County and St. Lawrence County.”

The two adults were teachers, he added, and the three girls were all dancers with All That Jazz Dance Studio.

He said that any of the dance students who wear their dancing outfits to the benefit meal will eat for free.

Email Denise A. Raymo:

draymo@pressrepublican.com
malone

Concord, CA

#10 Jul 31, 2012
i think it is a kind wonderful gesture to this family -- the man has lost everyone in his life who cares what he is to do with the money - sometimes people should come together jsut to show love and support to others
for real

New York, NY

#11 Jul 31, 2012
How I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
Insurance from their insurance as well as the trucks should be more than enough for funeral expenses.
Im sure the insurance money was not enough for the Dana family to burry 4 family members. And for a family to loose so much, its nice that the community can pull together and help them out, no thanks to jerks like you.
Smile

Woodstock, CT

#12 Jul 31, 2012
Thank you! For real. I am sure it was not enough money. But I think this night out is not about money it is about helping a family pull through this horrible lost. Farm families work 365 days a year 24 hours a day to put food on our tables they do what they do without asking anyone for help it is a work of love and caring. I wish I was home to support this and when I get home next week I will happily give a donation. God bless all
NRA FOREVER

Waterford, NY

#13 Jul 31, 2012
Yeah - I mean Jeff Dana is a farmer, so is his dad. So they aren't rolling in money. And they have to bury four people.
Turbo charged

New York, NY

#14 Jul 31, 2012
Malonian wrote:
All but two of these posts are from the same disgusting little creep. He often poses as me and used to pose as Yup. I call him the Fake Me/Nuts Yup.
You are truly loathsome, Troll Boy.
This is not the forum to air your petty disturbances. Grow up.
OBSERVER

Albany, NY

#15 Aug 1, 2012
for real wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sure the insurance money was not enough for the Dana family to burry 4 family members. And for a family to loose so much, its nice that the community can pull together and help them out, no thanks to jerks like you.
I wonder if the undertaker had any compassion for the man who lost so much? Did the undertaker at least give him a break on the price,?? It would seem that the undertaker would not have to charge for 4 separate services since they were all linked into one..if the community can put together does some one ask the undertaker to at least consider the situation and offer some help.. I don;t know if he did or did not,, but if he did not,, its really disgusting as far as I am concerned.
Friend

New York, NY

#16 Aug 1, 2012
OBSERVER wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if the undertaker had any compassion for the man who lost so much? Did the undertaker at least give him a break on the price,?? It would seem that the undertaker would not have to charge for 4 separate services since they were all linked into one..if the community can put together does some one ask the undertaker to at least consider the situation and offer some help.. I don;t know if he did or did not,, but if he did not,, its really disgusting as far as I am concerned.
Your clueless
OBSERVER

East Greenbush, NY

#17 Aug 2, 2012
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>Your clueless
YOU REALLY THINK SO?? I just expressed a point of view concerning the Undertaker and his role to assist the family.. Under such a terrible situation I believe the undertaker could have assisted in the cost, and not required the usual charges for services. Please don't try to convince me that there was no way the undertaker could for go his usual charges and fees. THe undertaker has been in the community for many , many years and knows many of those who live there. If the funeral costs are so high that a benefit is needed to pay them, then some blind formula must exist for cost and can't be adjusted by the undertaker. I do not believe that is true and was just making a comment,, I do not think this was a situation where profit should have been the main idea in the mind of the undertaker,,, compassion and understanding were much more important. You had nothing to add but the words, "Your clueless" do you have anything else to say or are you just a critic without any suggestions?
Find out

New York, NY

#18 Aug 2, 2012
OBSERVER wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU REALLY THINK SO?? I just expressed a point of view concerning the Undertaker and his role to assist the family.. Under such a terrible situation I believe the undertaker could have assisted in the cost, and not required the usual charges for services. Please don't try to convince me that there was no way the undertaker could for go his usual charges and fees. THe undertaker has been in the community for many , many years and knows many of those who live there. If the funeral costs are so high that a benefit is needed to pay them, then some blind formula must exist for cost and can't be adjusted by the undertaker. I do not believe that is true and was just making a comment,, I do not think this was a situation where profit should have been the main idea in the mind of the undertaker,,, compassion and understanding were much more important. You had nothing to add but the words, "Your clueless" do you have anything else to say or are you just a critic without any suggestions?
Find out before you speak! This benefit was not intended for the cost of the funeral! This benefit was to bring people together to show support and help the families of the crash victims. Not one person was begged or made to attend. The funeral is not the concern here or what was or wasn't charged by the undertaker. So before you sit and speculate what the funeral home did just stop. This forum was not to point blame or fingers on who made money. This benefit was organized to show support.
Concerned

Norcross, GA

#19 Aug 2, 2012
Please note: not everyne carries life ins.. We
tend to believe we are invincible until we are older.
Helping another human being; that is what we are on this earth for, to be selfless, not selfish.
If you are choosing the latter, so be it. We each make a choice, good or bad.
northofnowhere

New York, NY

#20 Aug 2, 2012
You have no clue what this family is going thru

and every little bit of help is great not only money wise but to show sympsthy .
Thank you to all the folks that attended and donated Im sure it was greatly appreciated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Malone man arrested for alleged vehicle tampering 8 min yer kluless 9
Cromp Found Innocent of any WRONGDOING 42 min Taxpayer 2 49
how many woman an familys did howie lamica mess up (Jul '14) 5 hr played 4
little "Rambo" 5 hr noneyabuisness 13
rent-a-kmart-cop 6 hr noneyabuisness 18
Pedophile.. 8 hr Jackmack 2
Creep from boston 9 hr Ft wayne 1

Wind Chill Warning for Franklin County was issued at January 30 at 3:56AM EST

Malone Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Malone People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:42 am PST