City Administrator
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
wondering

Bragg City, MO

#1 Jul 27, 2008
Just wondering if the city administrator was getting much accomplished. I haven't really seen a lot of changes since he was hired.
malden fan

Bragg City, MO

#2 Jul 28, 2008
He sure has. Just drive around town and look at the cleaner properties. He / the city council / code enforcement still have a way to go. Talk to all of them and let them know you are concerned. His duties also include many things we don't "see". Budget, personnel... When his contract came up for renewal, a 4-4 vote was made by the council to renew or not. The mayor broke the tie with a vote to renew. The 4 who voted to not renew the contract were wrong. To expect someone to accomplish all the council wanted in 10 months is silly. He does not even have a written job description - very bad decision.
WHAT A JOKE

United States

#3 Jul 28, 2008
I heard he already gave himself a raise.
concerned

Bragg City, MO

#4 Jul 28, 2008
IF they have the admin. why need a mayor too. don't they do about the same thing.
citizen

United States

#5 Jul 28, 2008
awww from what I know the Mayor will choke him out soon.
wondering

Bragg City, MO

#6 Jul 28, 2008
I agree we don't need a city admin and a mayor also. This town is too small for that.
concerned

Bragg City, MO

#7 Jul 28, 2008
thats what I thought . Places like Sikeston and PB, and Cape maybe but not a town around 5,000 people. Sounds like they are just trying to be big, which they will never be. They don't really want to grow , the last 30 yrs. have proven that.
malden fan

Bragg City, MO

#8 Jul 28, 2008
Wow - so many positive comments. (joking) First of all the City Administrator can not give himself a raise. The other comments are just disappointing. I hope all of them are just for fun. If not, I hope you change your minds and get involved in the city and be a part of the good things about town.
concerned

Bragg City, MO

#9 Jul 28, 2008
No I was serios with my comments, not kidding. Why does Malden as small a town need the adm. and the mayor.
malden fan

Bragg City, MO

#10 Jul 28, 2008
concerned wrote:
No I was serios with my comments, not kidding. Why does Malden as small a town need the adm. and the mayor.
The way I look at it is like this. Running a city is like running a business. Lots of employees, budget, insurance, supplies.... having a "part time mayor" like small towns have would like having a part time business president. Who would watch over all of the day to day items of running the business. As you can tell I am for an administrator. I have only met the current administrator so I am not promoting him. I would suggest you speak with the mayor and your council persons and see what they think and tell them what you think. One of my council members voted to not renew the contract of the current administrator and I let him know that I thought that was a very bad idea. How could anyone do what our council wanted in 10 months. I also found out that the administrator does not even have a written job description. Very bad for him and the city.
citizen

Bragg City, MO

#11 Jul 28, 2008
Perhaps then we do not need a mayor. Most towns the size of Malden do not operate with both forms of city government. And personally every time I see the city administrator all I can think of is the black bird debacle of last March. Which by the way was a complete waste of time and money.
malden fan

Bragg City, MO

#12 Jul 28, 2008
we do need the mayor. otherwise who represents the citizens and who does the administrator answer to? when I talked to my council member I was told the administrator had 9 bosses - 8 council members and the mayor. I almost fell over. 9 bosses... who could work like that - not the administrator or the council members. as far as the black birds... how long has that been going on? years. and they were working with the state on a fix. so who is really to blame?

Since: Apr 08

Malden

#13 Aug 1, 2008
concerned wrote:
No I was serious with my comments, not kidding. Why does Malden as small a town need the adm. and the mayor.
I only reason I voted for a city administrator was to bring industry into town. That was told to him right off by the council, along with running the city more efficiently. As for having a Mayor, being a 3rd class city we have a Mayor, Council form of government. I hope that is a clear as mud...lol
concerned

Bragg City, MO

#14 Aug 2, 2008
Well from what I see the admin. has still not brought any type of industry to town. It would be great if he could do this but maybe he is not the man for the job. Also the current adminstrator is very unfriendly and a big smart aleck any time I have had contact with him.
Punisher

Piggott, AR

#15 Aug 13, 2008
The city administrater made a list of dogs to be taken out of peoples back yard and killed the list is still around. There were even a few names of people living on paloverde drive. I beleive the list was "done away with" after close inspection and city officers who refused the work because they thought it was in humane. Speaking of humane, I wonder what the humane society would think about this.
WHAT A JOKE wrote:
I heard he already gave himself a raise.
council woman

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Aug 14, 2008
Punisher the city administrator did not make a list of dogs. It's really not clear who made the list and by who's request it should be made. There were address' from all wards in Malden.
Malden Resident

Dexter, MO

#17 Aug 15, 2008
I think the concept of a city administrator is good but I don't think that the one we have now is the best person for the job. He had better start looking for a new job when Ray leaves office.
jane deere

Risco, MO

#18 Aug 15, 2008
I for one do not beleive we need a city administrator. We are not a big enough city for that. He is a waste of city(taxes) money.
jane deere

Risco, MO

#19 Aug 15, 2008
council woman wrote:
<quoted text>
I only reason I voted for a city administrator was to bring industry into town. That was told to him right off by the council, along with running the city more efficiently. As for having a Mayor, being a 3rd class city we have a Mayor, Council form of government. I hope that is a clear as mud...lol
When you voted for a city administrator, didn't you think about the salary he was going to get? You know perfecly well no industry is coming to Malden, there is nothing that the city can offer them. Look at how high our utilites are. And why? And we need someone on the city council that would stand up and get something done at the meetings instead of tabling everything.And I watched the meeting Mon. night and when one of the council members stood up the talk, they ended the meeting. Why?
born here

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Aug 15, 2008
council woman wrote:
Punisher the city administrator did not make a list of dogs. It's really not clear who made the list and by who's request it should be made. There were address' from all wards in Malden.
no he did not kill the dogs he wanted someone to do it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did sunny Crocker delete her post???? 1 hr SammyLynn 2
whitey losin they women 2 me (Jul '10) 7 hr Watcher 14
carnival 12 hr guest 1
home wrecker 15 hr therealsunny_bich 13
Dr. Jessup office 15 hr Concerned 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) 23 hr Politico 965
Looking for Cindy Bowman that worked Malden Amb... Fri Guest 1

Malden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Malden Mortgages