We have a Major Distribution Center h...

We have a Major Distribution Center here, why are we not using it?

Posted in the Malden Forum

Since: Jun 07

Malden

#1 Jun 21, 2007
We have a huge airport with a railroad system here in Malden. Why is our city not using it? I have heard that FedEx wanted to put one of their places here at our airport and were told no. FedEx would supply this town with hundreds of jobs. UPS is out of Haiti, their airport does not even compare to ours. We could have UPS too if we got FedEx first. We all need to push for this and make our city what it once was before the Air Force Base closed down.
Rowena Thornheart

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jul 19, 2007
We have a huge airport with a railroad system here in Malden. Why is our city not using it? I have heard that FedEx wanted to put one of their places here at our airport and were told no. FedEx would supply this town with hundreds of jobs. UPS is out of Haiti, their airport does not even compare to ours. We could have UPS too if we got FedEx first. We all need to push for this and make our city what it once was before the Air Force Base closed down.

I heard that Malden's "Elite" want to keep big business out of Malden, so they can make it a retirement town...thats just what I heard.
Oh yeah, the city got stupid about Federal Mogul's lease on the airbase, that Federal Mogul will have all those building until 2020 something...now tell me, you would think the city would want to get a new business in there, to help the city grow. Something to think about.
P.S. Not that Federal Mogul shouldn't have paid something...they suck for sending Americans jobs to Mexico and India!!!!
HAHAHA

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Jul 19, 2007
Rowena Thornheart wrote:
I heard that Malden's "Elite" want to keep big business out of Malden, so they can make it a retirement town...thats just what I heard.
Oh yeah, the city got stupid about Federal Mogul's lease on the airbase, that Federal Mogul will have all those building until 2020 something...now tell me, you would think the city would want to get a new business in there, to help the city grow. Something to think about.
P.S. Not that Federal Mogul shouldn't have paid something...they suck for sending Americans jobs to Mexico and India!!!!
First of all, Malden has "Elites"? Do they not realize that Malden is a welfare town? Who would want to retire here? Who wouldn't run like hell from here given half an opportunity?

Malden is like Mayberry on Meth.
Maldenite

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jul 19, 2007
DymondEye wrote:
Bill Hampton worked on that for years with our representatives in Jeff City and Washington. A couple of years ago, they were working on a deal to use the facility as as repair facility for the airforce, which would have brough jobs and investment to Malden. They were also talking about an ethanol plant, but it fell through. Call Tom Todd and teh current chamber people and ask them what he's doing to follow up on the work their predecessors did.

Since: Jun 07

Malden

#5 Jul 19, 2007
Maldenite wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Hampton worked on that for years with our representatives in Jeff City and Washington. A couple of years ago, they were working on a deal to use the facility as as repair facility for the airforce, which would have brough jobs and investment to Malden. They were also talking about an ethanol plant, but it fell through. Call Tom Todd and teh current chamber people and ask them what he's doing to follow up on the work their predecessors did.
Thanks for the suggestion of calling Tom Todd, I called him about two weeks ago and was told that getting some business in there would be a good idea.

What I found out a week ago was that UPS already is setup at the Malden Airport but cannot say they deliver from Malden. They land at the Malden Airport in the early morning each day, load up the trucks and then head Haiti, where the UPS branch is. Then at night the same happens in reverse at the Malden Airport with a plane being loaded for take off to deliver packages that we sent.

We need to all call Tom Todd and ask why is there not more jobs at the airport. We obviosly have to go over the heads of this city because they want to keep this area stagnent. UPS could be the starting point of bringing in more jobs. We as a people in this community need to be more vocal and tell our leaders what we want. MORE JOBS.
Rowena Thornheart

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Sep 17, 2007
HAHAHA wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Malden has "Elites"? Do they not realize that Malden is a welfare town? Who would want to retire here? Who wouldn't run like hell from here given half an opportunity?
Malden is like Mayberry on Meth.
Yes, Malden has "elites" I'm not going to name names though. I didn't say they were going to get to make it a retirement town, I said that's what I heard, they wanted to make it. I agree with you Malden is a welfare town...I love the Mayberry on Meth. LOL
Get Real

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Sep 17, 2007
Rowena Thornheart wrote:
That's the stupidest thing I have ever hear. The Malden Chamber, the Mayor, Senator Mayer, JoAnn Emerson, Kit Bond, and a host of other people have worked for years to bring more businesses to Malden!!!

But its not like Malden is the only town that wants new companies. Kennett, Caruthersville, New Madrid, Poplar Bluff, dexter, etc. all have people working hard to bring jobs to their towns too, and all of this is happening while jobs are leaving the US at an alarming race.

If you want to learn more, just ask Bil Hampton about all the people working to bring people to Malden.

Besides, a factory would make Malden a BETTER retirement town, because of all the tax revenue it would bring.
Get Real

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Sep 17, 2007
Maldenite wrote:
<quoted text>
Call Tom Todd and teh current chamber people and ask them what he's doing to follow up on the work their predecessors did.
Great Point!
dexter rite

Dexter, MO

#9 Oct 31, 2008
Maldenite wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Bill get so mad that he moved YHC to Dexter? Is that the reason?
American Girl

Kennett, MO

#10 Oct 31, 2008
dexter rite wrote:
<quoted text>Did Bill get so mad that he moved YHC to Dexter? Is that the reason?
I don't know why Hampton moved to Dexter,but if he was all for Malden, he would have stayed here. There is a reason for moving I don't know what it is.
jo buyden

Kennett, MO

#11 Oct 31, 2008
American Girl wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know why Hampton moved to Dexter,but if he was all for Malden, he would have stayed here. There is a reason for moving I don't know what it is.
i heard it's because he hasn't sold any advertising here in quite some time. businesses, what's left of them, are strapped economically. all the ad decisions are made somewhere else but here. it's pitiful.
pinball

Malden, MO

#12 Nov 1, 2008
Bill Hampton is out for what is good for Bill Hampton. Don't let him fool you with all is talk. I have known him for a lomg time.
American Girl

Kennett, MO

#14 Nov 2, 2008
pinball wrote:
Bill Hampton is out for what is good for Bill Hampton. Don't let him fool you with all is talk. I have known him for a lomg time.
that is what i thought, but the tv station was good for Malden.
Big Fish

Kennett, MO

#15 Nov 2, 2008
Sodie is the biggest crook in Malden! Bill is so much like him too. John on the other hand is what you see ( no explanation needed ) Mary Lou Bearden is and has always been the most honest woman in Malden! She has always done what was right for Malden. God bless her - She's a precious lady.
I love and respect you Mary Lou!
I'll never forget what you have done for me, nor the times I just needed a ear to listen to me.
I'm forever in your debt.
Much respect =)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rentals in Bernie 6 hr AmeriKKKa 3
Steve and Vondys 7 hr Wanting to know 4
Surviving my closet 8 hr witness 10
rain heavy 8 hr lemon 1
Garrett Collins 11 hr Too funny 10
seth potts (May '13) 17 hr Sethshadow 9
home wrecker Apr 23 Disgusted 8

Malden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance