First Prev
of 2
Next Last
may be looking

Washington, IN

#1 Aug 14, 2010
What can you tell me about the nursing homes in this area, may have a great aunt needing to be put in one.
take her

Washington, IN

#2 Aug 14, 2010
take her to gideon.
very good care
may be looking

Washington, IN

#3 Aug 14, 2010
really nothing closer? New to area, is that far?
Malden Man

Parma, MO

#4 Aug 14, 2010
Golden Living Center at Malden is good. I have an Aunt there and they real good care of her. I am there most everyday. It is also clean. I have had no problems with them at all and she has been in there for 2 yrs.
may be looking too

Washington, IN

#5 Aug 17, 2010
What about that other little nursing home by the school? My gramps is getting down.
King Crimson

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Aug 17, 2010
Golden Living Center gets my vote--I've had a couple of relatives out there and their biggest gripe is that the food's not that great, but you know how old folks are. I don't know much about the other nursing home.
Old Folk

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Aug 17, 2010
King Crimson wrote:
Golden Living Center gets my vote--I've had a couple of relatives out there and their biggest gripe is that the food's not that great, but you know how old folks are. I don't know much about the other nursing home.
Just how are old folks?
CNA worked both

Washington, IN

#8 Aug 17, 2010
Well alls I can say is I work both and the little one, well just check case.net .for peoples who work there.
hmmm

Washington, IN

#9 Aug 17, 2010
that is very interesting thank you, will do.
King Crimson

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Aug 17, 2010
Old Folk wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how are old folks?
Sometimes food tastes bland to them because their taste buds wear out. My aunt is that way--food she once enjoyed now tastes blah. That was what I was getting at--for once I'm not trying to be snarky.
just curious

Washington, IN

#11 Aug 18, 2010
Who is the adminstrators at both of them homes?
GLC employee

Dexter, MO

#12 Oct 20, 2010
I have worked at both nursing homes in Malden. Golden Living Center is by far the best in entire area. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else. Nor have a family member in another nursing home. Nikki Santie in the administrator at GLC. Malden rehab is nasty and it stinks really bad because they don't take care of their residents properly. I only worked for a couple of days there and seen what they do. I quit after the third day. It was only going to be part-time while working full-time at GLC but I could stand to see the residents mistreated and neglected. Malden Rehab is constantly changing administrators too.

Definitely chose Golden Living Center in Malden!
Tivo

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Oct 20, 2010
GLC employee wrote:
I have worked at both nursing homes in Malden. Golden Living Center is by far the best in entire area. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else. Nor have a family member in another nursing home. Nikki Santie in the administrator at GLC. Malden rehab is nasty and it stinks really bad because they don't take care of their residents properly. I only worked for a couple of days there and seen what they do. I quit after the third day. It was only going to be part-time while working full-time at GLC but I could stand to see the residents mistreated and neglected. Malden Rehab is constantly changing administrators too.
Definitely chose Golden Living Center in Malden!
My mother was there and was treated really well. When she passed, the nurses and staff seemed to take it as hard as we were. I can't say anything but good things about Golden Living.
worked at both

Dexter, MO

#14 Oct 21, 2010
i have worked at both as well. the other comment about malden nursing is nasty and smells must be a past bad employee. it is not nasty nor does it smell. all nursing homes have there bad things and good things. you should tour the buildings yourself.
lisa

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 21, 2010
well i worked at the malden nursing and rehab for 15 years and i really like it and yes they are good with the people and no it don't stink they keep it clean so i would stongly recommend it to anyone and the food is good there
family there

Kennett, MO

#16 Oct 21, 2010
Malden Nursing & Rehab. is a nice home, they take good care of all there, my mom has always been taken good care of, clean, well fed and lots to do! I wouldnt change a thing! Very happy!! We are there often, daily to be exact and are well pleased.
MNR

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Oct 27, 2010
family there wrote:
Malden Nursing & Rehab. is a nice home, they take good care of all there, my mom has always been taken good care of, clean, well fed and lots to do! I wouldnt change a thing! Very happy!! We are there often, daily to be exact and are well pleased.
I agree..I worked at both as well, and I enjoyed myself at Malden Nursing. GLC...what can I say...wow! Actually being on the inside, we see things that the family members don't, and I had a dislike for that nursing home. MNR gets my vote!
church lady

Kennett, MO

#18 Nov 3, 2010
We have had church services at the one on Stokelan and what left me with a poor image is that the people who work there are so loud and rude while we were trying to have services, even the ones in charge there on sunday were taling and laughing , I dont believe my church even bothers to go out there anymore. Such a shame, I felt the little people liked what they could hear.
kitty

Jackson, MO

#19 Nov 3, 2010
MNR wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree..I worked at both as well, and I enjoyed myself at Malden Nursing. GLC...what can I say...wow! Actually being on the inside, we see things that the family members don't, and I had a dislike for that nursing home. MNR gets my vote!
I for one am sick and tired of seeing employees going into work SICK. Seniors are frail or they wouldn't be in there. These people couldn't care less if the seniors get sick or not. I've seen it ALOT. One was handing out meds and coughing and sniffling the whole time. They could at least wear masks and gloves. After all, the health of the seniors is supposed to come first!!
kitty

Jackson, MO

#20 Nov 3, 2010
MNR wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree! IMO, GLC is the pits!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sunny crocker (Feb '10) 1 hr Naw 24
News Watermelon Season in the Bootheel (Jul '10) 12 hr Guest 66
rubber duck girl Mon user 8
Jeremy Lott Mon deez nuts 7
C .sawyer Mon duckman 1
sawyer girl Mon duckman 1
biggest slut in town 30 or under? (Jun '11) Mon duckman 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Malden Mortgages