police officers r they breaking laws

Posted in the Malden Forum

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Oct 18, 2009
payne

Dexter, MO

#1 Oct 1, 2009
i know that a certain officer that works in malden knows of jennifer barkly has been drinking under age and i also know that he knows that she has slept with a sixteen yr old boy from cambell. the officer was also seen smoking in the kennett court house in uniform when he should have been setting the example, he did what he always does and thats the opposite. who do u call when u cant trust the officers in a town like this.
what happened

Dexter, MO

#2 Oct 1, 2009
an underage girl sleeps with an underage boy? hmmm. that's a no-brainer. although there are 15 year old boys doing time for sleeping with 12 year old girls.
as for smoking, lawyers smoke in the law library and those in the side offices are allowed to smoke in the building. there is a balcony one can step out on to have a smoke outside the building.
payne

Dexter, MO

#3 Oct 2, 2009
The problem is the officer repeatedly lets the twenty yr old get away with what ever she wants. There is also rumor that a girl that deals pot stays at his house, the witness also stated that he would b suprised if he and his girlfreind/wife r dirty too. theres more but cant state at this time due to an investigation involving jenifer, brad hollingshed and a judge...
protect and serve

Wappapello, MO

#5 Oct 2, 2009
A federal jury in Cape Girardeau awarded $35,000 in damages to a Holcomb man who they found had his civil rights violated by two Dunklin County officers during a 2006 traffic stop.
After about two and a half hours of deliberation, the six-person jury unanimously returned a verdict in favor of Herman Taylor against former Dunklin County deputy and now Malden police chief Jarrett Bullock and former Clarkton police officer Derek Lawrence for "violation of Mr. Taylor's Constitutional rights," said Taylor's attorney, Danny Moore of Poplar Bluff.
In addition to the monetary damages, the court later will decide what attorney fees will be awarded to Taylor, said Moore.
The case stemmed from an incident in which Taylor was arrested just outside the Clarkton city limits on June 10, 2006, Moore said.
"During the arrest, Mr. Taylor was Maced and struck by Bullock, which caused a three-day hospitalization," Moore said.
Taylor, according to Moore, was stopped for allegedly rolling through a stop sign on a gravel road in rural Dunklin County.
"He was forced to the ground at gunpoint and handcuffed," Moore said. "Then,(Taylor's) version is before putting him in a patrol car, he asked them to wait until someone could come get his personal property."
Taylor, who had been convicted of assault and a drug charge previously, "knew that going to jail, he might not get his personal property back," Moore said.
Taylor's request, Moore said, "simply enraged Bullock, who Maced him, knocked him to the ground and repeatedly kicked him while he was handcuffed."
At that time, Moore said, his client was wearing a leg brace in preparation of having total knee replacement surgery "very soon, and he just had shoulder surgery, so one arm was pretty useless."
Taylor was held for 24 hours and then released on traffic tickets, Moore said. "He was never charged with assault on a police officer or resisting arrest," he said.
After his release, Moore said, Taylor's wife took him to the hospital in Piggott, Ark., which was where their family doctor practiced.
Moore said Taylor was suffering from a fractured rib and bruised heart and liver.
"His doctor (testified) that would have to be blunt force trauma to cause those types of injuries," Moore said.
Also testifying on Taylor's behalf were two "independent witnesses," who were at nearby house and saw what happened, Moore said.
According to Moore, the officers, who were represented by an insurance company attorney, had two defenses.
"One, this really didn't happen and two, if it did happen, this was not excessive force," Moore said.
Lawrence and their "independent witness, who is now a police officer at Malden working directly under Bullock,... had trouble testifying along the same lines as their depositions," Moore said. "They had very little explanation as to why their testimony had changed."
The jury, Moore said, found Lawrence "liable for his failure to intervene and try to stop (Bullock)."
Moore believes the jury sent a message with its verdict.
"I think it's neat that people in Southeast Missouri are going to stand up for the civil rights of everyone," including the economically disadvantaged and those who have had trouble with the law in the past, Moore said.
"Everyone is equal when you get to the courthouse," he said. "That's what really won the case for Herman Taylor. The jury realized that."
If the rights only applied to college graduates or someone with a good job, then "no one has got rights," Moore said. "Either you protect everyone or nobody; I think that's the message these jurors wanted to send."
too bad

Wappapello, MO

#6 Oct 2, 2009
Too bad this is the only story that made the news, I guess everyone else was accused of making false allegations and found guilty in dunklin county.
protect and serve wrote:
A federal jury in Cape Girardeau awarded $35,000 in damages to a Holcomb man who they found had his civil rights violated by two Dunklin County officers during a 2006 traffic stop.
After about two and a half hours of deliberation, the six-person jury unanimously returned a verdict in favor of Herman Taylor against former Dunklin County deputy and now Malden police chief Jarrett Bullock and former Clarkton police officer Derek Lawrence for "violation of Mr. Taylor's Constitutional rights," said Taylor's attorney, Danny Moore of Poplar Bluff.
In addition to the monetary damages, the court later will decide what attorney fees will be awarded to Taylor, said Moore.
The case stemmed from an incident in which Taylor was arrested just outside the Clarkton city limits on June 10, 2006, Moore said.
"During the arrest, Mr. Taylor was Maced and struck by Bullock, which caused a three-day hospitalization," Moore said.
Taylor, according to Moore, was stopped for allegedly rolling through a stop sign on a gravel road in rural Dunklin County.
"He was forced to the ground at gunpoint and handcuffed," Moore said. "Then,(Taylor's) version is before putting him in a patrol car, he asked them to wait until someone could come get his personal property."
Taylor, who had been convicted of assault and a drug charge previously, "knew that going to jail, he might not get his personal property back," Moore said.
Taylor's request, Moore said, "simply enraged Bullock, who Maced him, knocked him to the ground and repeatedly kicked him while he was handcuffed."
At that time, Moore said, his client was wearing a leg brace in preparation of having total knee replacement surgery "very soon, and he just had shoulder surgery, so one arm was pretty useless."
Taylor was held for 24 hours and then released on traffic tickets, Moore said. "He was never charged with assault on a police officer or resisting arrest," he said.
After his release, Moore said, Taylor's wife took him to the hospital in Piggott, Ark., which was where their family doctor practiced.
Moore said Taylor was suffering from a fractured rib and bruised heart and liver.
"His doctor (testified) that would have to be blunt force trauma to cause those types of injuries," Moore said.
Also testifying on Taylor's behalf were two "independent witnesses," who were at nearby house and saw what happened, Moore said.
According to Moore, the officers, who were represented by an insurance company attorney, had two defenses.
"One, this really didn't happen and two, if it did happen, this was not excessive force," Moore said.
Lawrence and their "independent witness, who is now a police officer at Malden working directly under Bullock,... had trouble testifying along the same lines as their depositions," Moore said. "They had very little explanation as to why their testimony had changed."
The jury, Moore said, found Lawrence "liable for his failure to intervene and try to stop (Bullock)."
Moore believes the jury sent a message with its verdict.
"I think it's neat that people in Southeast Missouri are going to stand up for the civil rights of everyone," including the economically disadvantaged and those who have had trouble with the law in the past, Moore said.
"Everyone is equal when you get to the courthouse," he said. "That's what really won the case for Herman Taylor. The jury realized that."
If the rights only applied to college graduates or someone with a good job, then "no one has got rights," Moore said. "Either you protect everyone or nobody; I think that's the message these jurors wanted to send."
Think before you talk

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Oct 3, 2009
Well I hate to say it, but if you go around running ur mouth to people about the officers appointed to the city and beating and miss treating children that are in the household with you... then how can u say that the police cant be trusted??? I would say focus more on ur personal life and try to get it striaght payne... then worry about others. How can u blast someone else when u cant even committ to a woman, or raise children properly? Not sayin who is right or wrong... but people know more about u then u think in the town of Malden and other areas Panye... I would say best thing for u to do is to just stay on ur end of the block and focus on ur life. And as far as those kids you posted online... both are great kids and have alot ahead of them. Jennifer is a great kid but has her problems like everyone else. And Brad is a veteran of OEF VI-IX, who served his country for almost two years in Afghanistan. As far as the "Police Officer" u mentioned... All cops in Malden do there job to protect and serve to the standard and above. Everyone in Malden should be thankful for the Peace Officer that we have to serve our community!!!
Thanks to Brad for his service overseas!!
Thanks to All the Malden Police Officers for helping to keep the peace in such a tarnished world!!!!!!!!
JenniferKay

Dexter, MO

#8 Oct 6, 2009
Thanks to the people who can see threw that bull. To the people who cant thats fine eather way...say what you wont i know whats true and whats not and the way i look at it is love me r hate me eather way your still think'n of me!!!
friend

Dexter, MO

#9 Oct 7, 2009
payne maybe you should go and read the post your mom is writing and start worring about your own family.
Wanker

Florissant, MO

#11 Oct 7, 2009
Jennifer, I want to bang you too. Please put up a picture and phone number.

“Shoots a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#12 Oct 7, 2009
JenniferKay wrote:
Thanks to the people who can see threw that bull. To the people who cant thats fine eather way...say what you wont i know whats true and whats not and the way i look at it is love me r hate me eather way your still think'n of me!!!
I loves you Girl.
marie

Kennett, MO

#13 Oct 16, 2009
Think before you talk wrote:
Well I hate to say it, but if you go around running ur mouth to people about the officers appointed to the city and beating and miss treating children that are in the household with you... then how can u say that the police cant be trusted??? I would say focus more on ur personal life and try to get it striaght payne... then worry about others. How can u blast someone else when u cant even committ to a woman, or raise children properly? Not sayin who is right or wrong... but people know more about u then u think in the town of Malden and other areas Panye... I would say best thing for u to do is to just stay on ur end of the block and focus on ur life. And as far as those kids you posted online... both are great kids and have alot ahead of them. Jennifer is a great kid but has her problems like everyone else. And Brad is a veteran of OEF VI-IX, who served his country for almost two years in Afghanistan. As far as the "Police Officer" u mentioned... All cops in Malden do there job to protect and serve to the standard and above. Everyone in Malden should be thankful for the Peace Officer that we have to serve our community!!!
Thanks to Brad for his service overseas!!
Thanks to All the Malden Police Officers for helping to keep the peace in such a tarnished world!!!!!!!!
whatever!!!! what side of the tracks do u live on. Officers like Bullock say hes for the people but if we only knew better before we put him in office.
Tanners

Port Orange, FL

#14 Oct 18, 2009
Harrison wrote:
The police are here to protect and serve us. What they do is their own business and you should leave them alone! I personally think they are doing a great job and I truly appreciate them.
Thanks Malden Police Officers!
Dunklin County officers do a poor job of protecting and serving, when they let someone be murdered in their jail.
phatty

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 18, 2009
i am gay...really super gay.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 10 min Concerned Guest 96,463
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 1 hr Cbusa 2,038
Lookin for a well hung black man 3 hr wow wee 2
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 5 hr billybob 251
mixxed babby maker will save malden (Jan '11) 9 hr wow wee 28
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 18 hr Pop Clutch 6,932
new business behind mcdonalds? Mon hey 3
•••
•••
•••

Malden Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000