malden electric bills

Posted in the Malden Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Unbelievable

Gideon, MO

#1 Jul 21, 2012
What in the world is going on in Malden ? The electric bills are the highest around this area. How in the world are people suppose to keep paying these high dollar bills and continue to make ends meet ? It has got to the point where groceries are gonna be few and far between.
Too darn high

Kennett, MO

#2 Jul 21, 2012
What is your rate per kilowathour?
Concerned

Festus, MO

#3 Jul 21, 2012
Yes!! I need to lose weight and will either have to starve it off or turn the AC off and sweat it off. Mine DOUBLED from June to July. There's gotta be something else!!
standby

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jul 21, 2012
well they told me that they have gone too summer rates. what ever that means. i think it meant a raise from 7% to 14% pkwh.
hmm

Fenton, MO

#5 Jul 21, 2012
our electric bill was outrageous! i agree with you unbelievable,it aint gonna do you no good to turn your air off cause we just run ours six hrs. a day and plus we are all gas as in our hot water heater ,cooking, dryerand our electric bill was still 346.58! last month we didnt even run our air and it was 249.78 .i think we all need to get together and see what can be done,because theres gonna be alot of people either starving or sweatin to death!
what to do

Fenton, MO

#7 Jul 21, 2012
im with you guys my electric bill is 429.89 thats almost two weeks pay.im like hmm is saying it seems like its almost doubled from last year.i think we all need to get together and have a meeting mine last month was 313.19.im all gas to thats from running three fans three tv.s lights and refrigerator and one ac from about three to midnight. so people what are we going to do about it.lets hear from more folks around here what to do
standby

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jul 21, 2012
the next council meeting is Monday August 20th at 7:pm. the city administrator is the one to talk to.
Tell Me about it

Gideon, MO

#9 Jul 22, 2012
When your electric bill is higher then your house and car payments something is very wrong.The water and electric have went up alot since ice storm and new meter installation.My bill is a 2 week pay check and I don't know how much longer I can keep paying this. I am seriously thinking about selling my home and moving to the country just so we can make ends meet. So the population of Malden will decrease another 7 people. I wonder if losing residents even concerns this city. If people can't afford to live to live here they won't.
PB high too

Poplar Bluff, MO

#10 Jul 22, 2012
My bill goes from $250. to $400. a month depending on summer or winter. I'm thinking they prorate the bills. Of course, mine includes cable, internet, water, sewer, and electric. (lol and usually a 10 percent penalty because it's due at the end of the month) My house is really small too.
agree

Kennett, MO

#11 Jul 23, 2012
After the increase jump last year, I took out a credit card in the spring and bought the biggest 110 I could find. I maybe have to stay in one room, but my bill running $180.
hmm

Kimmswick, MO

#12 Jul 23, 2012
i agree with standby. lets all get together and go to the council meeting on aug.20th and speak with the administrator. what do you say malden residents? lets see what we can do.
Mistake

Kennett, MO

#13 Jul 23, 2012
Your bill is outrageous because we are paying for bunches of electricity we don't use. The Mayor and city council signed a long term electrical contract when Federal Mogul was here, when they left we still get stuck for the bill and it's millions of dollars we have to pay. So basically everyone in town is paying for electricity that Federal Mogul isn't using any more.....even though we are not using it. Now we are trying to give it away to WalMart at below our cost so soon we will be paying for electricity WalMart uses.
ELECTRIC

United States

#14 Jul 23, 2012
CAMPBELL WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING WITH ITS CITY ELECTRIC THEY SWITCHED TO OZARK BORDER AND THEIR BILLS WENT A WAY DOWN AMEREN IS JUST OUT SIDE OF TOWN IT WOULD BE EASY TO SWITCH TO THEM MALDEN IS TO SMALL TO HAVE ITS OWN ELECTRIC.
what to do

Kimmswick, MO

#15 Jul 23, 2012
how will malden town feel if alot of us sold our homes and moved to campbell or somewheres else where the electric bill is cheaper? i am going to get a notarized petition and go around have malden residents to sign it and then take it to the meeting. if we dont stand up now its just gonna get worse. can you imagine what your electric bill is going to be next month as hot as its bee? and august you know it will be even hotter
thinking things through

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Jul 23, 2012
what to do wrote:
how will malden town feel if alot of us sold our homes and moved to campbell or somewheres else where the electric bill is cheaper? i am going to get a notarized petition and go around have malden residents to sign it and then take it to the meeting. if we dont stand up now its just gonna get worse. can you imagine what your electric bill is going to be next month as hot as its bee? and august you know it will be even hotter
If you sold your home someone else would be using electricity, so the city would have no negative impact at all. In reality, no one would want to purchase a home in Malden with the high electric rates.

If you have a notarized petition, you would need a notary to go around with you so they could notarize each and every signature you collect, and I don't see that happening in this lifetime.
thats it

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Jul 23, 2012
You are wrong, all they need to be is a registered voter in Malden. print name,sign name and address inside city limits.
SIMPLY

Sikeston, MO

#19 Jul 24, 2012
ELECTRIC wrote:
CAMPBELL WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING WITH ITS CITY ELECTRIC THEY SWITCHED TO OZARK BORDER AND THEIR BILLS WENT A WAY DOWN AMEREN IS JUST OUT SIDE OF TOWN IT WOULD BE EASY TO SWITCH TO THEM MALDEN IS TO SMALL TO HAVE ITS OWN ELECTRIC.
THINK LONG AND HARD FOLKS BEFORE THINKING AMEREN IS A BETTER SOLUTION. IM FROM MALDEN BUT NOW LIVE IN SCOTTCITY FOR PAST 2 YEARS. WE HAVE AMEREN HERE NOT ONLY IS IT OUTRAGEOUS ALREADY BUT THE ARE CURRENTLY TRYING TO RAISE RATES ACROSS THE BOARD FOR AN INCREASE IN REVENUE OF $364 MILLION A YEAR. WHICH WILL INCREASE EACH AND EVERY HOUSE HOLD ANOTHER 13 TO 20 BUCKS A MONTH. MY LIGHT BILL THIS MONTH WAS $202.00 FOR A SMALL 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT WITH ONLY 2 EXPOSED WALLS MEANING THERES AN APARTMENT ABOVE ME AND ONE ON EACH SIDE SO IT SHOULD BE EASIER TO COOL THAN ANY HOUSE. I NEVER RUN AIR DURING DAY AND TURN IT BACK OFF AT NIGHT SO IT USUSALLY RUNS 4 HOURS A DAY. MOST WEEKENDS I STAY IN MALDEN WITH MY FAMILY SO ITS NEVER ON DURING THE WEEKEND. PLUS STOVE AND HOTWATER HEATER ARE GAS. SO AMEREN UE WONT BE YOUR ANSWER, ITS REDICULOUS THE COST OF LIVING THESE DAYS PERIOD.
I agree

United States

#20 Jul 24, 2012
Contact Better Business Bureau. We had to last year and they didn't like it either but my bills went down. Slowly climbing back up now. If everyone reported them they would have a big problem on their hands.
Concerned

Festus, MO

#21 Jul 24, 2012
thats it wrote:
You are wrong, all they need to be is a registered voter in Malden. print name,sign name and address inside city limits.
Start that thing around then!!!! It won't take long to get the message across.
thinking things through

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Jul 24, 2012
thats it wrote:
You said a notarized petition, therefore needing a notary to witness every signatures and see a photo ID for each person who signs. You can circulate a petition to collect signatures, but it is not necessary to have it notarized.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For those who owe JC 2 hr Karma 1
Jonsha Robinson (Aug '15) 4 hr Deez nuts 7
Man @312 south graham 8 hr George Bailey 4
Bradley Hardin 9 hr Federal 14
Flowers at Stanfield Cemetery (May '15) 20 hr Revive girl 5
bobs auto repair in campbell 21 hr yodawg 12
I am looking for a good Pentecostal Church (Feb '15) Sun Revive girl 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Malden Mortgages