Malden police union votes no confiden...

Malden police union votes no confidence in chief

There are 75 comments on the Boston Globe story from Jun 9, 2009, titled Malden police union votes no confidence in chief. In it, Boston Globe reports that:

Malden's largest police union has issued a no confidence vote against Police Chief Ken Coye, complaining that he held up the promotion of a patrolman and also withheld sick time buy back bonuses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Globe.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Tony Edgeworth

Malden, MA

#1 Jun 10, 2009
Seems to me two things. The writer of this article dislikes the police. That more issues must be involved. I'm sure more is coming.
nancy from malden

Malden, MA

#2 Jun 10, 2009
Brother in law is malden cop for a long time. He has had it with the current situation. What else happened to finally cause the union to do this? Is the other police union going to do the same or are they more concerned about what the mayor thinks. Of course he is backing this guy the mayor created this entire situation Seems like change all around would be good
Aladdin

Malden, MA

#3 Jun 10, 2009
This have anything to do with the crime stats and how they are manipulated to make the administration look better????????
lobo

Malden, MA

#4 Jun 12, 2009
Change is coming
Kennybeing Kenny

Malden, MA

#5 Jun 15, 2009
It must have been a few I disciplined. 54 of them?
Tamara

Malden, MA

#6 Jun 16, 2009
Why is this dude always in the paper for stupid things and nobody does anything. If it was some normal dude working anywhere else he would've been fired
Reggie

Malden, MA

#7 Jun 19, 2009
Another black eye for the Mayor. These guys think they are untouchable. I cant wait til they go to jail.
KAC

Malden, MA

#8 Jun 26, 2009
I think it is time for the Chief to move on and enjoy his life. The mayor keeps defending him because he appointed him through an "assesment center" What about hiring a chief the way moost do by having a civil service exam. Wouldnt that be the morally correct thing to do. Oh I forgot this is Malden where the people in city hall think they can do whatever they want and nobody will say anything. Well it appears the cops have had enough. Good for them I support them and will show my support on election day.
Fish

Malden, MA

#9 Oct 26, 2009
Can they do this twice?
Anthony S

Lexington, MA

#10 Oct 27, 2009
Is it any wonder Chief Kenny Coye wasn't invited to Albert Spadafora's funeral? Because they know what an ***hole he is!
Anthony S

Lexington, MA

#11 Oct 27, 2009
My correction I meant Albert Spadafora's sons wedding. My apologies,
annonymous

Lexington, MA

#12 Oct 29, 2009
I really don't think that Captain prrigo is much better and when they claim that a complaint against the police will be investigated by Internal Affairs, it turns out that only some appointed officer sits down and says well we investigated it and the officers were right! What the F**k is that???? These Cops need really to be investigated!!!!
Fish

Malden, MA

#13 Oct 30, 2009
??????
FBI

Detroit, MI

#14 Nov 3, 2009
The only thing that needs investigating is city hall and the police chief.
BooBoo

Detroit, MI

#15 Nov 3, 2009
I vote no confedence in Malden or it's police chirf and mayor and city council or treasurers etc..........
The Amazing Presto

Detroit, MI

#16 Nov 8, 2009
Changing crime numbers is wrong no matter how you put a spin on it! Somebody stop this guy.
Tito

Detroit, MI

#17 Nov 11, 2009
Wrong Wrong Wrong
Travis A

Detroit, MI

#18 Nov 13, 2009
True Dat too
Steve W

Detroit, MI

#19 Nov 17, 2009
Bon Voyage
Rob W

Detroit, MI

#21 Nov 23, 2009
Dont let the door ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Malden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stephanie Martins - Ward 2 3 hr Everett Dawg 2
Everett (Jul '08) Wed Feared not loved 653
Has RCN started to build its' network, connecte... Wed Destination Palm ... 6
News Black Lives Matter Plunges into the Affordable ... (Sep '16) Tue Defeat Maxine Waters 3
Review: Town Of Saugus (Dec '15) Apr 25 True democracy 30
Police action on Fuller street Apr 24 Unknown 7
Anyone interested in the blond prostitute walki... (Mar '13) Apr 23 Mozzy 33

Malden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Malden Mortgages