Maui police kill suspect

Maui police kill suspect

There are 207 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 12, 2008, titled Maui police kill suspect. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The man hits three officers with his car as he flees during a drug search STORY SUMMARY READ THE FULL STORY MAKAWAO, Maui A 38-year-old Maui man was shot and killed after police opened fire on him when his car ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
thecommongood

Honolulu, HI

#233 Aug 26, 2008
BTW, all the "he made some mistakes" and "none of us are perfect" folks need to take a step back. Yes, we all make mistakes and none of us are perfect. HOWEVER, most of us do not commit crimes. Our mistakes are not criminal nor are our imperfections. Only a small portion of our community commits crimes and they should be held accountable for thier actions. To say that any of the good people of Hawaii have anything in common with criminals is just insulting.
pilikia

Holualoa, HI

#237 Jan 21, 2009
Pukalani wrote:
Georgie-Boy was my friend....a good friend. Yes, he had a problem....yes, he made numerous wrong choices...yes, he should have stopped.....BUT NO, HE DIDN'T DESERVE TO BE DIE especially like that. George was always smiling and making people laugh. He was such a down to earth guy, got along with everyone and his presence always brightened the room. His life was his mom....he really loved her and tried to get on the right path to make her proud. People can say whatever they want about George but the truth is he was just an average country boy who loved life, his family and friends, that paid the ultimate price for his mistakes. Let me ask you this....if someone is shooting at you from the front, would you stop? Or ram through doors, walls, whatever, to get out of harms way? I would have gone through doors just like George did. So please stop judging George....he wasn't as bad of a guy that everyone(who doesn't know him) makes him out to be. Just let him R.I.P. oh and just so you know....I'm not some tweaked out loser defending my friend. I have a family, own a house and employed in the law enforcement field.
Once a tweeker always a tweeker Janine. Mall security isn't law enforcement, you wanna be. Get Real.
Regular Joe

Cincinnati, OH

#238 Mar 14, 2010
Why haven't anyone answered Pukalani's question? If someone is shooting at you from the front, would you stop? Or ram through doors, walls, whatever, to get out of harms way? I'll tell you why, it's because we all would have done exactly what George did...get the hell out of the line of fire!
alice

Kahului, HI

#239 Mar 14, 2010
Maui is getting too wild for us.
Soap opera

Montréal, Canada

#240 Mar 14, 2010
Y-A-W-N. Didn't know that?
alice

Kahului, HI

#241 Mar 14, 2010
danger lurks on maui..i won't go there
Kekela

Herndon, VA

#242 Mar 14, 2010
Stick to cutting out paper dolls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Makawao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Apr 15 Musikologist 6
Joe Groomes Mar '17 Nancy Groomes 1
Kihei/Wailea House Rental Sleep 8 // Dec 17- Ja... Mar '17 sherrykate 1
Old town Paia Jan '17 Fukmi 1
You took down my post? Jan '17 Fukme 1
News If you Like Haiku Stairs, Speak Up (Sep '14) Dec '16 FreeTheStairs 30
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Nov '16 Musikologist 13

Makawao Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance