Maui police chief details shooting

Maui police chief details shooting

There are 28 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 18, 2008, titled Maui police chief details shooting. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Tom Phillips tells how an attempted drug raid turned deadly By Gary T. Kubota [email protected] WAILUKU Maui police officers fired shots at a car to try to stop a fleeing George Brittain Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
peace maker

Kapolei, HI

#21 Apr 20, 2008
May his soul rest in peace. God Bless his family, and hope the police are ok.
KAMAKANI_PUU_Y-N -I-OG

Las Vegas, NV

#22 Apr 21, 2008
every10 years wrote:
<quoted text>
All the way to Milton Holt's house!
WHOS MILTON HOLT?
KAMAKANI_PUU_Y-N -I-OG

Las Vegas, NV

#23 Apr 21, 2008
SECA wrote:
Let's think about this... Whatever happened to shooting a tire instead of killing! Let's all remember that we're not all saints and we've all made mistakes in our life. This was somebody's son, brother, cousin, uncle and friend. Be a little sympathetic to those who are mourning his loss.
EXACTLY MY POINT!
Talapia

Kahului, HI

#24 Apr 22, 2008
KAMAKANI_PUU_Y-N-I-OG wrote:
<quoted text>EXACTLY MY POINT!
Which point? Shooting tires, we're not all saints, we've made mistakes, because he has family or we should be sympathetic?

1. Shooting tires no work. The accelerator is connected to the foot, which is controlled by the CNS, which is controlled by the brain. So if you want to stop the car, what do you need to do?
2. We're not all saints, but we should ASPIRE to be, which includes not being involved with drugs, selling drugs, hanging out with druggies, not operating a stolen car, etc.
3. We make mistakes, but after 19 arrests (just for stuff he was CAUGHT for) you figgah he going learn huh?
4. Unless you were a clone, we generally all have relatives. Heck even the cops have 'em too and no matter what, you're still family. You do the best you can (and sometimes not enough) but in the end, the individual chooses the path.
5. We can all be empathetic but it's hard to be SYMPATHETIC when a guy is hell bent on escaping regardless of the consequences.

Hard to be sympathetic when you driving down H-1 without street lights because some druggie ripped the copper wires out.

Hard to be sympathetic when someone stole mail, hacked your identity, rang up a humongous bill, and damaged your credit for YEARS.

Hard to be sympathetic when cars are racing up and down your street to get their drugs from the house five doors down and killed your popoki.

Hard to be sympathetic when your co-worker marches into the office, shoots the boss, takes you hostage with a shotgun taped to the back of your neck and tries to KILL you. Not to mention finding the girlfriend in a plastic bag next to quarry road.

I feel empathy for the innocent victims who are left behind.

It boils down to choices...
jake

San Diego, CA

#25 Apr 23, 2008
GREAT JOB!!!!!! Well we all make our bed! OH WELL! Who's next?
pali

United States

#26 Apr 23, 2008
KAMAKANI_PUU_Y-N-I-OG wrote:
<quoted text>EXACTLY MY POINT!
Pali feels Kamakani Puu meant to have his secretary post his reply for him.

Pali thinks it should have read, "Exactly HIS point."
KAMAKANI_PUU_Y-N -I-OG

Las Vegas, NV

#27 Apr 24, 2008
pali wrote:
<quoted text>
Pali feels Kamakani Puu meant to have his secretary post his reply for him.
Pali thinks it should have read, "Exactly HIS point."
Kamakani feels like Pali is beggining to like his third self.
mike

Honolulu, HI

#28 Oct 14, 2009
"Shoot the tires? Tell you what, I'll give you a glock and try to run you over and lets see you shoot out my tires.....then after your underneath my car, are you going to change your mind? "
The cops shot this guy in the chest, and he still drove away. Shooting out the tires would have been a better choice. We're living in a police state. The US police and military are getting more and more violent and deadly. America has the most prisoners on the planet. And we have the most prisoners per capita too. More than Iran, Libya, China, etc. America is hardcore. Don't buy this crap about "well he shouldn't have messed with the cops". We pay for the cops. The cops are here to protect all of us, including criminals, the insane, and the misguided. Criminals aren't dogs that need to be put down. They are human beings. Respect GOD and the bible and you would understand this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Makawao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Jul '16 Musikologist 5
News Maui police arrest 3 in drug bust - News (Feb '09) Jun '16 Sativa 15
News Hula competitors avoid iconic flower because of... (Mar '16) Mar '16 DILF 10
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Feb '16 Musikologist 12
News Hawaiian Islands Weather Details & Aloha Paragr... (Feb '16) Feb '16 ben 1
News Police and Fire - Hawaii News (Nov '09) Jan '16 Joe Balls 4
News Police probing fatal jump (Jul '07) Jan '15 Keoni alfapada 16

Makawao Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Makawao Mortgages