Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.
#21 Apr 20, 2008
May his soul rest in peace. God Bless his family, and hope the police are ok.
#22 Apr 21, 2008
WHOS MILTON HOLT?
#23 Apr 21, 2008
EXACTLY MY POINT!
#24 Apr 22, 2008
Which point? Shooting tires, we're not all saints, we've made mistakes, because he has family or we should be sympathetic?
1. Shooting tires no work. The accelerator is connected to the foot, which is controlled by the CNS, which is controlled by the brain. So if you want to stop the car, what do you need to do?
2. We're not all saints, but we should ASPIRE to be, which includes not being involved with drugs, selling drugs, hanging out with druggies, not operating a stolen car, etc.
3. We make mistakes, but after 19 arrests (just for stuff he was CAUGHT for) you figgah he going learn huh?
4. Unless you were a clone, we generally all have relatives. Heck even the cops have 'em too and no matter what, you're still family. You do the best you can (and sometimes not enough) but in the end, the individual chooses the path.
5. We can all be empathetic but it's hard to be SYMPATHETIC when a guy is hell bent on escaping regardless of the consequences.
Hard to be sympathetic when you driving down H-1 without street lights because some druggie ripped the copper wires out.
Hard to be sympathetic when someone stole mail, hacked your identity, rang up a humongous bill, and damaged your credit for YEARS.
Hard to be sympathetic when cars are racing up and down your street to get their drugs from the house five doors down and killed your popoki.
Hard to be sympathetic when your co-worker marches into the office, shoots the boss, takes you hostage with a shotgun taped to the back of your neck and tries to KILL you. Not to mention finding the girlfriend in a plastic bag next to quarry road.
I feel empathy for the innocent victims who are left behind.
It boils down to choices...
#25 Apr 23, 2008
GREAT JOB!!!!!! Well we all make our bed! OH WELL! Who's next?
#26 Apr 23, 2008
Pali feels Kamakani Puu meant to have his secretary post his reply for him.
Pali thinks it should have read, "Exactly HIS point."
#27 Apr 24, 2008
Kamakani feels like Pali is beggining to like his third self.
#28 Oct 14, 2009
"Shoot the tires? Tell you what, I'll give you a glock and try to run you over and lets see you shoot out my tires.....then after your underneath my car, are you going to change your mind? "
The cops shot this guy in the chest, and he still drove away. Shooting out the tires would have been a better choice. We're living in a police state. The US police and military are getting more and more violent and deadly. America has the most prisoners on the planet. And we have the most prisoners per capita too. More than Iran, Libya, China, etc. America is hardcore. Don't buy this crap about "well he shouldn't have messed with the cops". We pay for the cops. The cops are here to protect all of us, including criminals, the insane, and the misguided. Criminals aren't dogs that need to be put down. They are human beings. Respect GOD and the bible and you would understand this.
Add your comments below
|Kula Music Thread (Dec '14)||Jul '16||Musikologist||5|
|Maui police arrest 3 in drug bust - News (Feb '09)||Jun '16||Sativa||15|
|Hula competitors avoid iconic flower because of... (Mar '16)||Mar '16||DILF||10|
|Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12)||Feb '16||Musikologist||12|
|Hawaiian Islands Weather Details & Aloha Paragr... (Feb '16)||Feb '16||ben||1|
|Police and Fire - Hawaii News (Nov '09)||Jan '16||Joe Balls||4|
|Police probing fatal jump (Jul '07)||Jan '15||Keoni alfapada||16|
Find what you want!
Search Makawao Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC