Man charged in pot scheme - Hawaii News

Man charged in pot scheme - Hawaii News

There are 69 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jul 14, 2009, titled Man charged in pot scheme - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

An Upcountry Maui man has been charged in connection with a sophisticated indoor marijuana-growing operation at his residence, where a loaded shotgun and more than 1,200 plants were confiscated.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Poppycock

Mililani, HI

#67 Jul 17, 2009
Parks and Rec wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but it is enforced like jaywalking. All poppies can be harvested for it's opiates, however I can go into my local nursery and buy a dozen, no questions asked, taxed and all. Seems pretty legal to me.
I can't do that w/ cannabis however and no other plant is banned in the same way that cannabis is banned.
Hey, you asked me to prove that it's illegal, and I think I did. "Enforcement" is a whole nother issue from "legality."

"Seems pretty legal"?? Kinda sorta almost. lol. But I welcome you to test things out. Grow a whole bunch of opium poppy and give me your address, and I'll pass it along to DEA. It'll be interesting to see what they do, if anything. You could also experiment with growing some peyote, or maybe some magic mushrooms (although a fungus, not a plant). Try growing a whole bunch of those too. You can be our test pilot. No guts, no glory.
Poppycock

Mililani, HI

#68 Jul 17, 2009
P.S. People do get busted for jaywalking, especially with all of the recent pedestrian deaths. If you want to test that out too, then go Downtown and jaywalk in front of a cop. Let's see what happens.

Since: Apr 09

Lihue, Kauai

#69 Jul 18, 2009
rba wrote:
<quoted text>
whoa, these mothers made their own choice to do this. their is no documented facts that show this causes more harm than smoking cigarettes, or drinking alcohol, or taking prescribed drugs while pregnant. all should be avoided while you are pregnant, it should be legalized, taxed, and forgot about. the revenue would be unheard of, and the use would probably decline. there needs to be an age limit, an amount a person can grow for his own consumption, just like beer, and no tolerance at a work place. you put a drug sniffing dog at every place you have a drug policy, and this **** in the workplace would stop. the dog would be on the payroll as any other employee, of course his handler would get the fee. but it is coming to this anyway. we are getting more regulated as what we can do as consenting adults wish to do in our own homes. now is the time to legalize. it will be an economic windfall that we need now. it needs to be debated and brought up more now than ever.
Yes, anecdotal evidence is not as good as empirical evidence, but your own quote seems to indicate that something affected these children, and we all konw it was Marijuana. Yet you still fight your point that it needs to be legalized. Come on, it should be outlawed. Would you want pilots, drivers, bus drivers driving around stoned? Nope, would you give it to your child?
Use your head! Grow up! fricken face the world cold sober and face up to your responsibilities! And clean up and move out of your parent's house!
Chong

Kaneohe, HI

#70 Jul 19, 2009
Stumpy wrote:
Don't legalize, there are already too many stoners walking around in a stupor telling people how smart they are, and how they are gonna get a job one of these days and move out of mom's house.
Are you talking about yourself, speaking from experience?
The Law

Kaneohe, HI

#71 Jul 19, 2009
Kimo Aloha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, anecdotal evidence is not as good as empirical evidence, but your own quote seems to indicate that something affected these children, and we all konw it was Marijuana. Yet you still fight your point that it needs to be legalized. Come on, it should be outlawed. Would you want pilots, drivers, bus drivers driving around stoned? Nope, would you give it to your child?
Use your head! Grow up! fricken face the world cold sober and face up to your responsibilities! And clean up and move out of your parent's house!
Alcohol is legal, but pilots, bus drivers, and so on aren't doing it drunk.
Cheech

Kaneohe, HI

#72 Jul 19, 2009
Stumpy wrote:
<quoted text>I remember when Sam's Club and Costco's stopped selling poppy-seed muffins because it was alleged that people thay ate them were failing drug tests. For those that thinking pot doesn't affect your brain, try asking some people that don't smoke it with you or aren't also druggies feel about how you work and act.
Hey Mr. Stump, you sound like you could use, man. It will help you with your anger problem.
Cheech

Kaneohe, HI

#73 Jul 19, 2009
Oh Yeah wrote:
Next we can have our troops take over the opium poppy fields in Afghanistan. The U.S. government can cultivate, harvest, process, and sell the drugs. In no time at all, the federal budget will have a surplus. Everyday will be a party in the streets of America!!!!
Sounds great, can't wait to PARTY!
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#74 Jul 19, 2009
Cheech wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Mr. Stump, you sound like you could use, man. It will help you with your anger problem.
What anger problem, you !@@@@###$$&*($%^&**(( &^.
Parks and Rec

Iowa City, IA

#75 Jul 20, 2009
Poppycock wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, you asked me to prove that it's illegal, and I think I did. "Enforcement" is a whole nother issue from "legality."
"Seems pretty legal"?? Kinda sorta almost. lol. But I welcome you to test things out. Grow a whole bunch of opium poppy and give me your address, and I'll pass it along to DEA. It'll be interesting to see what they do, if anything. You could also experiment with growing some peyote, or maybe some magic mushrooms (although a fungus, not a plant). Try growing a whole bunch of those too. You can be our test pilot. No guts, no glory.
Seeing as I can go to my garden center and pick out a dozen I don't think the DEA would care too much.

I can have a whole garden full, they look beautiful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Makawao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Jul 5 Musikologist 14
Kula Music Thread (Dec '14) Apr '17 Musikologist 6
Joe Groomes Mar '17 Nancy Groomes 1
Kihei/Wailea House Rental Sleep 8 // Dec 17- Ja... Mar '17 sherrykate 1
Old town Paia (Jan '17) Jan '17 Fukmi 1
You took down my post? (Jan '17) Jan '17 Fukme 1
News Police probing fatal jump (Jul '07) Jan '15 Keoni alfapada 16

Makawao Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance