Man charged in pot scheme - Hawaii News

There are 20 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jul 14, 2009, titled Man charged in pot scheme - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

An Upcountry Maui man has been charged in connection with a sophisticated indoor marijuana-growing operation at his residence, where a loaded shotgun and more than 1,200 plants were confiscated.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Wake up

Euclid, OH

#1 Jul 14, 2009
The green harvest operations eliminated pakalolo as the leading 'drug' of choice. Now ICE is by far the leader. This bust sends a message that we want ICE not pakalolo. Drugs will always be around, and complete abstinence is as realistic as not having sex before marriage.
Big Mel

Taipei, Taiwan

#2 Jul 14, 2009
Here we go again about drugs. It's a Merry-Go-Round.

Making drugs, selling drugs, using drugs. Get caught, go to court, get sentenced and out again.

America should follow what Singapore does to people who get caught with drugs. A very fast court proceeding
and then to the "hangman's noose". Even the Queen of England can not get the sentence changed for any British Citizen.

Be responsible for your actions and don't cry when you get caught.
Proud of you

Iraq

#3 Jul 14, 2009
Hey Wake Up,
I suggest you do so.

Just sayin'.

With your reasoning, we should just be okay with drugs because they will always be around. People will always drive drunk, so I guess thats okay too.

Wake up.
ainakai

Mililani, HI

#4 Jul 14, 2009
Wake up wrote:
The green harvest operations eliminated pakalolo as the leading 'drug' of choice. Now ICE is by far the leader. This bust sends a message that we want ICE not pakalolo. Drugs will always be around, and complete abstinence is as realistic as not having sex before marriage.
Dude I use to smoke paka and use ice better "stone" extra cash buy more ice!!! Duh!!!! Everyone knows this.Ice by it's self is just a stimulant you need the kick of paka or booze or both to really get you "buzzzzz"
Maui Zowie

Honolulu, HI

#5 Jul 14, 2009
Just legalize it and tax it!
REAL

Honolulu, HI

#6 Jul 14, 2009
CHEECH: Ohhhh man!

CHONG: Yah, like wow man! Totally bummed out!

CHEECH: Like Maui wowie...all Up In Smoke!
ovphoto

Honolulu, HI

#7 Jul 14, 2009
sure --don't go after teh crack dealers,hit the pot guys their less violent
kapaa

Lihue, HI

#8 Jul 14, 2009
cant legalize it! too much money in enforcement and testing
AHHH

Ewa Beach, HI

#9 Jul 14, 2009
Agree with the other post. Instead of wasting tax dollars on green harvest and busting pakalolo growers. Legalize it , tax it. Go after meth dealers and drunk drivers.
Bob Backland

Quantico, VA

#10 Jul 14, 2009
I feel so much safer!

A stoner arrested becasue of archaic laws still in place banning a harmless plant.

Legalize tax regulate!

How many man hours, surviellance and police effort was used to detain this desperado?

Too bad there is somebody that will replace him next week.

B Real

Honolulu, HI

#11 Jul 14, 2009
Legalize it. Tax it. Forget it.
Parks and Rec

Maple Grove, MN

#12 Jul 14, 2009
Proud of you wrote:
Hey Wake Up,
I suggest you do so.
Just sayin'.
With your reasoning, we should just be okay with drugs because they will always be around. People will always drive drunk, so I guess thats okay too.
Wake up.
Because people drive drunk should we then make alcohol illegal? By your reasoning it seems that since some people can't handle alcohol and make poor decisions while drunk it should be as illegal as cannabis.

Wake up. Incarcerating citizens for growing and possessing an herb is absolutely ridiculous. Not a single other plant is banned like cannabis.

“Starts right above my shoulder”

Since: Aug 08

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jul 14, 2009
Oh man... guess I need a new connect.... bummer.
busted

Honolulu, HI

#14 Jul 14, 2009
who was the lolo that stole my pakalolo..oh wait it was the cops
Kuleana

Wahiawa, HI

#15 Jul 14, 2009
Since he HAS the Xperience...put him in charge of Alternative economic development resources so he can make $ome BEEEEG $$$$$ as an agent for some '$timulu$'$$$$ we could use in this state.
Maybe even get bureaucrats to 'lighten up' and light up!
Lolo

Honolulu, HI

#16 Jul 14, 2009
LOL...Dis what happens when you no join da Up Country Growers Association?
Bye Bye

United States

#17 Jul 14, 2009
This is obviously not just about "a stoner arrested." The guy is unemployed, yet was immediately able to raise $145,000 bail. Mob implications here, folks. Maybe MPD are doing a real investigation into this guy's mob connections. Maybe the smokable evidence will juts disappear. Time will tell.
Bob Backland wrote:
I feel so much safer!
A stoner arrested becasue of archaic laws still in place banning a harmless plant.
Legalize tax regulate!
How many man hours, surviellance and police effort was used to detain this desperado?
Too bad there is somebody that will replace him next week.
Bob Backland

Quantico, VA

#18 Jul 14, 2009
Bye Bye wrote:
This is obviously not just about "a stoner arrested." The guy is unemployed, yet was immediately able to raise $145,000 bail. Mob implications here, folks. Maybe MPD are doing a real investigation into this guy's mob connections. Maybe the smokable evidence will juts disappear. Time will tell.
<quoted text>
If it was a legal crop, he would not have 145K laying around; the sales would have brought in taxable revenue & income.
dubs

Pearl City, HI

#19 Jul 14, 2009
Legalize Marijuana!!! This is the real economic Stimulus!!!! with the money saved on enforcement and eradication and the money coming in from new taxes and new incomes we can fix our economy... think about it... marijuana is the biggest cash crop in Hawaii and the govt is missing out on some serious loot.
Way to go

Pahrump, NV

#20 Jul 14, 2009
Legalize Already!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Makawao Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hawaii Senate passes bill to extend Honolulu ge... Apr 15 LeCar 1
News Tam Ho not guilty in Maui incident - Hawaii News (Oct '09) Feb '15 Frustrated 43
Kula Music Thread Feb '15 Musikologist 2
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Jan '15 Musikologist 10
News Police probing fatal jump (Jul '07) Jan '15 Keoni alfapada 16
Rudeness (Mar '14) Jan '15 SoontoRetire 3
News Gas prices drop, but could it be more? Jan '15 Guru 2
More from around the web

Makawao People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]