Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 62112 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

leeward lolo

Kahuku, HI

#54892 Mar 2, 2013
Our tax dollars for unwanted train fell $33 million short.
Let DOT have carwashes to keep their jobs. Or donate their payola.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54893 Mar 2, 2013
lol...dumb stupid incompetent obama and his even dumber butt-licking morons are eating shyt big time now...lol! PANIC IN THE WHITE HOUSE!

Obama now says his sequester idea 'dumb'
Just 1 day earlier described it as catastrophic, with hits on teachers, police, firefighters
Published: 22 hours ago

By Garth Kant

The Obama administration warned us it would be catastrophic. Sequestration would mean the loss of police officers, firefighters, teachers, soldiers, air control towers and shipyards…you name it.
Ads by Google

Eric Garcetti for LAA 4th-generation Angeleno, public servant, and candidate for Mayor ericgarcetti.com/join
Say No to Obama's AmnestyDon't let Barack Obama give amnesty to illegals. Sign petition! Townhall.com/No-Amnesty

Now that sequestration is here, President Obama says it’s “dumb” but it’s “not going to be an apocalypse.”

Obama and House Speaker John Boehner failed to find an alternative to the sequester during a last-ditch meeting today, so $85 billion in automatic spending cuts are scheduled to begin to kick in at the end of the day.

Obama again blamed Republicans, even though he originated the idea.

“I am not a dictator,” Obama said Friday. He says he can’t lock leaders in a room to make a deal.

“So ultimately if Mitch McConnell or John Boehner say,‘I have to catch a plane,’ I can’t have Secret Service block the doorway,” he said.

“I know that this has been some of the conventional wisdom that’s been floating around Washington that even though most people agree that I’m being reasonable, that most people agree that I’m presenting a fair deal, the fact that they don’t take it means that I should somehow do a Jedi mind-meld and convince them” to agree on a deal, Obama said.

GOP lawmakers cheered Boehner’s refusal to budge on tax increases.

“I think he realized the president of the United States was using him as a tool for his own benefit and was not actually in a partnership with him, and he also realized that we in the House were not happy with what was coming out of those negotiations,” said Rep. Raúl R. Labrador, R-Idaho.“We were pretty blunt with him and the entire leadership team that we have to feel like we have a plan and a vision, and we’re following up on that plan and that vision.”

“The discussion about revenue is over,” Boehner said. The speaker says the House has already voted on two measures to replace the sequester and “shouldn’t have to pass a third bill.”

Boehner urged Obama and Senate Democrats to present a plan to replace the sequester that could pass the Democratic-led Senate.

In his new softer tone on the effects of the sequester, Obama says the nation will survive it, though it would be painful for many people.

Now, even federal employees will begin to feel the pinch. A million, or more, federal workers may be taking unpaid time off. The prospect of sequestration has the government sending furlough notices, effective in April.

An assistant U.S. attorney received a note which read,“This memorandum notifies you that the Department of Justice (DOJ) proposes to furlough you no earlier than 30 days from receipt of this notice.

“We recognize the difficult personal financial implications of any furlough, no matter how limited its length. We will make every effort to keep you informed as additional information regarding agency funding becomes available,” the letter added.

The Social Security Administration sent a notice Thursday to its employees saying it was seeking to “minimize the risk of furloughs,” including limiting future hiring.

One person who’s not worried is New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. He says the United States could owe “an infinite amount of money” and not default.

continued-

The economic storm clouds began gathering well before the sequester.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/obama-now-says-his...
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54894 Mar 2, 2013
idiot moron dems...

"“We are spending money we don’t have,” Mr. Bloomberg explained.“It’s not like your household. In your household, people are saying,‘Oh, you can’t spend money you don’t have.’ That is true for your household because nobody is going to lend you an infinite amount of money. When it comes to the United States federal government, people do seem willing to lend us an infinite amount of money.… Our debt is so big and so many people own it that it’s preposterous to think that they would stop selling us more. It’s the old story: If you owe the bank $50,000, you got a problem. If you owe the bank $50 million, they got a problem. And that’s a problem for the lenders. They can’t stop lending us more money.”
Leeward Lolo

Santa Ana, CA

#54895 Mar 2, 2013
Spending a day with guru is like being locked in the bathroom with a nasty clogged toilet.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54897 Mar 2, 2013
Leeward Lolo wrote:
Spending a day with guru is like being locked in the bathroom with a nasty clogged toilet.
two things:

1. under your scenario...you would be the clog in the toilet.

2. a day with me would be a ride in a RR or similar, lunch at the best restaurants, meetings with my contractors and finance guys, then meetings with investors, then a trip to the office, dozens of phone calls, visits to projects I am doing, and then home to look at this. Then dinner, and take in a Laker's game. Then radio, TV, etc.

Money never sleeps bud.
Joe Balls

Mililani, HI

#54898 Mar 2, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
two things:
1. under your scenario...you would be the clog in the toilet.
2. a day with me would be a ride in a RR or similar, lunch at the best restaurants, meetings with my contractors and finance guys, then meetings with investors, then a trip to the office, dozens of phone calls, visits to projects I am doing, and then home to look at this. Then dinner, and take in a Laker's game. Then radio, TV, etc.
Money never sleeps bud.
Hey Guru how about give me a job? No worry I will work for real cheap. I can clean your bathroom, kiss your azz, give excellent BJ's anytime you like. Shssssss no tell nobody they think I am a wealthy Waianae contractor. Please Guru my obese local wife is running out of food and the drug addict bytch that fronts me food stamps say no more credit only cash. Let me know Guru you are my bestest buddy.
Leeward Lolo

Santa Ana, CA

#54899 Mar 2, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Guru how about give me a job? No worry I will work for real cheap. I can clean your bathroom, kiss your azz, give excellent BJ's anytime you like. Shssssss no tell nobody they think I am a wealthy Waianae contractor. Please Guru my obese local wife is running out of food and the drug addict bytch that fronts me food stamps say no
more credit only cash. Let me know Guru

you are my bestest buddy.
Way to cave Uncle Balls.
The G in guru stands for garbage.
Nobody with his topix spiel would ever have the time or reason to visit the topix forums.

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#54900 Mar 2, 2013
You think Guru is dumb enough to listen to you posers?
Liberal scammers

Mililani, HI

#54901 Mar 2, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
You think Guru is dumb enough to listen to you posers?
Guru should lose you. Many times his credibility is in question by your ignorant posted confessions and admitting your a food stamp scammer. He is a common sensed man concerned about entitlement thieves that abuse the system and wasting taxpayer monies(Obama). Having you as a ally goes against his and 99.9% of Republican Americans with common sense principals.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#54902 Mar 2, 2013
Liberal scammers wrote:
<quoted text>Guru should lose you. Many times his credibility is in question by your ignorant posted confessions and admitting your a food stamp scammer. He is a common sensed man concerned about entitlement thieves that abuse the system and wasting taxpayer monies(Obama). Having you as a ally goes against his and 99.9% of Republican Americans with common sense principals.
I'm not wasting tax money, I use is as it was designed for. I'm not one of Obama's buddies, ripping BILLIONS off of taxpayers, I'm just utilizing some Obama-bucks to enrich my family, instead of letting it go to a drug dealer. You don't like it, huh?
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54903 Mar 2, 2013
Leeward Lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to cave Uncle Balls.
The G in guru stands for garbage.
Nobody with his topix spiel would ever have the time or reason to visit the topix forums.
I am here just for you dude -lol!
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54904 Mar 2, 2013
Liberal scammers wrote:
<quoted text>Guru should lose you. Many times his credibility is in question by your ignorant posted confessions and admitting your a food stamp scammer. He is a common sensed man concerned about entitlement thieves that abuse the system and wasting taxpayer monies(Obama). Having you as a ally goes against his and 99.9% of Republican Americans with common sense principals.
JB is top shelf. He knows his stuff, no matter how these trolls try to bring people down. JB has them out classed by a mile.

Thanks for the comment. You are one of us.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54905 Mar 2, 2013
BTW....so is the real lolo. I respect her 100% and she is my friend.
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#54906 Mar 3, 2013
Maggots and magnets attract. We should expect that you three would.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54907 Mar 3, 2013
Stumpy wrote:
Maggots and magnets attract. We should expect that you three would.
You were attracted here also. That makes you a maggot by your very own definition. c-ya.
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#54908 Mar 3, 2013
Nah i just visit to do my civic duty and show the meek how idiotic your thoughts and predictions are.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54909 Mar 3, 2013
Stumpy wrote:
Nah i just visit to do my civic duty and show the meek how idiotic your thoughts and predictions are.
dumpy...I mean stumpy...get a life you jerk.
Stumpy

Mililani, HI

#54910 Mar 3, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
JB is top shelf. He knows his stuff, no matter how these trolls try to bring people down. JB has them out classed by a mile.
Guru is a typical bias GOP idiot. He believes JB is classy. Guru back the loser JBalls for stealing taxpayers monies(FS)but will posts thousands of anti-entitlement comments against liberal scammers. This dumb fck cannot recognize Balls is one of the worst liberal scammer in Hawaii. He has fooled Guru and is the only one that believes Balls. This is why nobody believe you Guru you cannot see past your dumn azz nose.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#54911 Mar 3, 2013
You just hate anyone that's not a doped up democrat.

Joe Balls

Location hidden

#54912 Mar 3, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
Guru, I'm getting into something new, just for fun. Cutting rock. I ordered a set of "feathers & wedges" from Vermont, and tried cutting my own building bricks out of solid lave rock. Messed up the first couple of boulders a couple of weeks ago, but yesterday me and a thirteen-year-old kid cut ten pretty nice bricks from one boulder. By the time we got halfway done, the kid was cutting a pretty nice block by himself. Each block weighs about thirty lbs. and I'm thinking of what I can do with the blocks. It started out with a backhoe lesson and went from there. Sure is fun teaching kids how to do something without a cell-phone or I-pad in their hands. He was surprised at himself!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Makaha Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Muslim World is Broken (Sep '15) 8 min District 1 777
Trump or Hillary 1 hr Donkey Kong 4 157
ATTENTION USA Citizens: No More Worrying__The ... Fri Joe Balls 3
News Micronesian in Hawaii (Aug '11) Fri Monk 555
News Trial for mother of 'Peter Boy' Kema postponed Thu Joe Balls 3
A Veteran Commits SUICIDE every 65 MINUTES Thu District 1 9
News Kapolei Golf Club lays off 14 workers (Jun '13) Jun '13 Devin 1

Makaha Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance