Ohio family sues Ky. Baptist camp ove...

Ohio family sues Ky. Baptist camp over sex abuse | The Columbus...

There are 19 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Ohio family sues Ky. Baptist camp over sex abuse | The Columbus.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

An Ohio family is suing a south-central Kentucky Baptist camp alleging that negligence led to the sexual molestation of one of the family's children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

sallie

Columbus, OH

#1 Feb 10, 2010
interesting. I wonder how the camp could be negligent?
Agua

Grove City, OH

#2 Feb 10, 2010
In another forum the other day some "Christian" noted that sexual misconduct didn't happen in Christian schools because of their underlying morality. Well, this was a camp, not a school. Maybe that is the differnece! No--this sort of conduct happens by Christians, Jews, Muslims, non-believers and the rest.
Tess

Knoxville, TN

#3 Feb 10, 2010
I also wonder how the camp was negligent. It said the minister used the camp as a retreat. So was there two groups at the camp at the same time, the children and adults from the retreat? I can see how the camp's failure to ensure the two groups remained separate could be an issue. Hmmmm...
Hank

United States

#4 Feb 10, 2010
Oh ..... A summer camp in Kentucky .... What would one truly expect ? Wake up people ...!
outraged

Columbus, OH

#5 Feb 10, 2010
Hank wrote:
Oh ..... A summer camp in Kentucky .... What would one truly expect ? Wake up people ...!
What a really stupid remark. I just don't understand people and the way they think. They automatically assume it is either religion, sex, race or where someone is raised that it is the reason people do the things they do. When sick stuff like this happens it does not discriminate. Get over the stupid remarks!
rhonda

Zanesville, OH

#7 Feb 10, 2010
Hmmm, if the camp neglected to do the standard background check of everyone working on the premises it could be negligent. If they allowed this man to be in contact with children and unsupervised that would also be negligent. If his title of pastor was all that was needed for credibility that would be negligent as well. HOWEVER, leaving your child at a camp without asking the tough questions of who watches the children, how are the workers screened, etc is also negligent as far as I am concerned. It is the parent's responsibility to protect their children and not blindly trust a person or organization because it bears the name 'Christian'. Predators are everywhere and they go where the trusting congregate.
JUST CURIOUS

Fairfield, OH

#8 Feb 10, 2010
Hank wrote:
I bet you are an east side Daytonian with Kentucky roots!

You sure do not have to be from Kentucky to be a wack o !!!!

Check out lots of Ohioians!!!
But I cannot think of a prettier state than Kentucky for a retreat!

'Deliverance' can happen at Waldrue Park Dayton's South 741

Boo Dayton!
Balls Deep

Columbus, OH

#9 Feb 10, 2010
This lawsuit stinks of sour grapes. I doubt that ANYONE else running the camp knew what this freak was doing until it was revealed. I'm 99% certain that had they known he would've been immidiately fired and reported to the prosecutor's office. Now, not knowing all the facts, had they found out and NOT fired/reported him..they are, indeed, culpable.
James

Huntington, WV

#10 Feb 10, 2010
Religon is the scourage of human kind. The brain wash millions of christians follow comes from churches that have a disgusting amount of tax free money. The catholics are a great example of how far a church and its following will go inorder to cover up and make light of terrible things. God is real, religions are fake.
tina

Columbus, OH

#11 Feb 10, 2010
Why if it happened in 2004 is it just being reported.
Per of a Minister

New York, NY

#12 Feb 10, 2010
To Tina: Most likely they have a blood sucking attorney trying to milk them for every penny he can get. Attorney's are very good at doing this..
JBDW

Frankfort, OH

#13 Feb 10, 2010
Another great reason not to send your kids to church camp
CatholicFamily

Springfield, OH

#14 Feb 11, 2010
Balls Deep wrote:
This lawsuit stinks of sour grapes. I doubt that ANYONE else running the camp knew what this freak was doing until it was revealed. I'm 99% certain that had they known he would've been immidiately fired and reported to the prosecutor's office. Now, not knowing all the facts, had they found out and NOT fired/reported him..they are, indeed, culpable.
Oh yeah sure-he would have been gone in a NY minute-just like the Catholic priests all over the world when they finally were caught. The Pope admonishes them and still legally does NOTHING.
bsharp

Columbus, OH

#15 Feb 11, 2010
A lot of times, kids aren't ready to talk about what has happened to them until later. Just like that Theater teacher in Wellington School. She had graduated before she felt willing to go to police. The statute of limitations allows some flexibility in reporting. I think maybe it is 7 years for sexual abuse.
Hillbilly Bill

Columbus, OH

#16 Feb 11, 2010
Y'all got a purty mouth.
JUST CURIOUS

Fairfield, OH

#17 Feb 11, 2010
Hillbilly Bill wrote:
Y'all got a purty mouth.
WHAT????
gregor

Lebanon, TN

#18 Feb 11, 2010
Wow...have sex and get paid for it...what a concept..
Hillbilly Bill

Columbus, OH

#19 Feb 11, 2010
JUST CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT????
Yes, YOU!!!!! Now lemme hear ya squeal like a pig.
JUST CURIOUS

Fairfield, OH

#20 Feb 13, 2010
miss piggy says..........OINK YOU! LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Well endowed son. (Sep '13) 6 hr Michelle 17
incest brother and sister from ohio (Jul '10) Thu Horny affff 12
News Ohio Ex-lawmaker Convicted Of 13 Charges Includ... (Jun '15) Jun 19 IKE 5
Tax Levy Jun 19 Pops 6
Sexual predator Jun 18 Sassyme 1
Review: Riverside Stock Farm Topsoil (May '15) Jun 8 pet 15
Class of 2000 May 26 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maineville Mortgages