Area online child predator sting leads to arrests

Jan 9, 2009 Full story: The Daily Standard 7

Six men have been arrested in the last 12 months - including one from St. Henry - after allegedly seeking sex with a teen they met online, who turned out to be an undercover police officer.

Read more
new concord guy

Saint Marys, OH

#1 Jan 11, 2009
Isn't that Kevin McKinnon associated with McKinnon Insurance agency??? What a sick world we live in.
Call It What It Is

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Jan 12, 2009
And be ever mindful that it isn't always your common unemployed low income dirt bag that's out there doing these things. Most of them don't have the technology. So brings me to the upper middle class married cheating low-life suburbanite that is always caught with their pants down. And somehow everyone seems surprised. I'm not. The other thing that strikes me as even lower is that some of the wives and girlfriends allow it because they choose to call it a "lifestyle". Call it what you want, either man or woman, you just ho-ho-hoing around. You think by hanging some cute little trendsetting name on it makes it better. Reality is what it is. And when you walk away from people that you just told that too, they are thinking exactly what I just typed and not, wow how great is that. Women especially, you look like the complete fool who is too desperate for a man to leave. I have no sympathy for them when they are caught.
Watch Your Judgments

Columbus, OH

#3 Jan 15, 2009
My brother is far from a low income, unemployed dirtbag. He has held the same good-paying job for 20+ years, is a homeowner, a dog owner, a fisherman and is single with no children. He has met several women online over the past 10 years, one of whome became his finacee (they have since broken up), and believed the person he was speaking to was a grown woman, which borders on entrapment, if you ask me. He is a good and decent man, kind to everyone, his neighbors, family and friends all love him. He would do anything for you, so don't be so quick to assume you know everything about everybody involved in these types of situations. My family has been devastated over this, and my brother pays the price every minute of every day. I'm not asking for your sympathy. I'm just saying that if we knew the truth about people, most have done things that could be misconstrued. They just don't get caught doing them. This is not a "lifestyle." This is a once in a lifetime mistake by someone who has NEVER been in trouble or done anything like this (the check of his computer's hard drive proved that.) What happened to mercy and compassion?
Too quick to Judge

Caledonia, OH

#4 Feb 10, 2009
Too quick to Judge

Since: Jun 08

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Feb 12, 2009
I don't know your relative and I also give that it can happen. I was only talking about the ones who do this on a regular basis and has made it some kind of game. In some cases if not for them being caught, they would have a victim. But somehow when they are they want sympathy. I am sorry for your relatives situation and I'm sure that he will get past it. I am not judging everyone, I'm just speaking on the ones that I know about. The internet has created some monsters, both men and women. Lies and treachery have become common place. And some really good people get hurt, all for only trying to find someone to share their life and love with. I have to say that entrapment cannot happen if the other person age was ever stated. And if both parties don't discuss that during their conversations, then that should be a clue. I am a woman and I can tell you that I have yet to meet a man on this thing we call the net, that is whom or what he says he is. Just one persons opinion.
Melissa

Decatur, IN

#6 Feb 16, 2009
I am upset for the family and relatives that will be reflected from the idiocy of one man's sick mistake. I know them all personally and they are truly superb and upstanding people, the entire family has dedicated thier lives to the betterment of thier community. The news always makes things worse than they actually are and people are the same. This family is in no way a Jerry Springer episode and my heart goes out to them. I'm not saying people are not entitled to an opinion but none of you can judge anyone, every single one of us has sin in our lives somewhere, at some time. It made me sick when President Clinton had his fling in the oval office but everyone seemed to think he was human, and these are the people my children have to look up to? Then there is St. Joe Church/School, no one seemed to care that the priest would have barbecue's behind the school, supposedly for the kids, but the kids couldn't go out for recess because he was drinking and smoking while barbecuing. Anyone can clearly tell he doesn't even like children and made my kids walk away from the catholic church and want away from the school. He raised the tuition so high that kids cannot benefit from an education because he drove out the teacher's already well established, didn't want to pay thier wages, to hire all fresh college teacher's that haven't had any experience teaching but didn't require higher wages. Higher tuition with less education? That's SAD! It's politics and religion that have our country so confused and the real focus isn't about one single perv. We are responsible for making our children aware of what truly goes on in this world and trying to raise them in a town like Wapak is not easy. When you come from a big family like the Haehn's and one idiot show's his true colors, it devastates the "entire" family. My children shouldn't have to be subject to his crimes just because they are related. He was stupid, plain and simple and I hope he get's what he deserves but I would personally get in the face of any individual that wants to slander the good name of the rest of this family. They have all worked hard for something thier parents started a long time ago and it's not just Mick Haehn's Florist, he never would be where he is if it weren't for the dedication of his sister's and thier family's. Even his wife is very successful and works hard and I know this tore her and thier children apart. I don't give a hang what you think of Mick but don't let it change your opinion of the rest of the family. God doesn't say you have to like what other people do but you still have to love and carry compassion or your no better than they are.
Say no to Perverts

Wapakoneta, OH

#7 Jul 2, 2009
An eastern Ohio man now faces a year in prison after being found guilty of using the Internet to solicit sex from a minor. Kevin G. McKinnon, 51, of New Concord, was found guilty of one count of importuning, a fifth-degree felony, this week during a trial to the court in Auglaize County Common Pleas Court.

So...Is your Brother still a good and decent man?
I'm glad he was caught before he actually got his perverted hands on a young child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prosecutor: Ex-lawmaker Bilked Investors, Repea... 4 hr Tea 1
Well endowed son. (Sep '13) Mar 23 t8rsalad 7
Seeking a connection and meeting with my Biolog... Mar 17 Sassy87 1
Kings Mills Music Thread (May '12) Mar 17 Musikologist 15
Loveland schools administration raises? Mar 9 Julie 2
Free HD local channels (Nov '13) Oct '14 Allison 2
Nude paddle punishment by adult stepson! (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ummm 2
Maineville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web