Pre-school shut down after owner is c...

Pre-school shut down after owner is charged with rape

There are 10 comments on the FOX19 Cincinnati story from Aug 1, 2011, titled Pre-school shut down after owner is charged with rape. In it, FOX19 Cincinnati reports that:

The president of the Primrose Schools in the Cincinnati area tells FOX19 the Maineville location is being shut down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FOX19 Cincinnati.

LSmith

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Aug 2, 2011
How crazy is it for people to leave their children at a daycare that does not have cameras? Primrose and some of the other daycare centers certainly charge enough to provide this "piece of mind" for parents. They claim to have state of the art programs and facilities yet do not want to take on the responsibility of having cameras in the children's rooms. There are centers that do have cameras so why not all of them?
good point

Sardinia, OH

#2 Aug 3, 2011
agreed
someone that crazy

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Aug 3, 2011
I took my child to that school, so thanks for calling crazy, you fucking moron. Most facilities do not have cameras. The one that we looked at on Tuesday that DID have cameras did not even have a locked front door! Idiots like you could walk in there at any time.

The people at Primrose River's Bend, despite the obvious, were very kind, warm, genuine people. We have now switched over to Primrose-Symmes because four of the staff from River's Bend that we loved dearly are going there. And no, they do not have cameras.
someone that crazy

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Aug 3, 2011
By the way, a google search of the facility with the cameras brought up allegations of children being locked in the bathroom for time out. Also, cameras are obviously not in diaper changing areas or inside the bathrooms, so there are blocked views. Cameras do not necessarily mean a child is safer. If someone was going to molest a child at a day care center, they're going to know where the cameras are, and they're going to do it in a bathroom or storage area or something, idiot!
good point

Sardinia, OH

#5 Aug 4, 2011
someone that crazy wrote:
I took my child to that school, so thanks for calling crazy, you fucking moron. Most facilities do not have cameras. The one that we looked at on Tuesday that DID have cameras did not even have a locked front door! Idiots like you could walk in there at any time.
The people at Primrose River's Bend, despite the obvious, were very kind, warm, genuine people. We have now switched over to Primrose-Symmes because four of the staff from River's Bend that we loved dearly are going there. And no, they do not have cameras.
What? You call people "f'n morons." I think with your attitude you shouldn't even have children. Do you teach them to hate like you do? To call people names? To act as if you are in 5th grade again? Grow up!!
good point

Sardinia, OH

#6 Aug 4, 2011
Why is it that people can't leave their opinions on here without someone cutting them down? Are we this full of hate? You're passing that hate to your children, get over it, get over yourself, allow people to express themselves and then you can say nicely how you feel. Calling people names shows your immaturity.
Safety First

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Aug 4, 2011
I moved my child from Primrose to the school with cameras. You are right about diaper changing areas and bathrooms not being on camera. I don't think I would want them to be. They don't have a key pad on the door but they do have full time people at their front desk. It always bothered me when I would drop off my child in the morning and key in my password and 10 people would follow me into the building. I was impressed with the sincere empathy the people at this school had for the families that were affected at Primrose. I originally looked at both places and decided on Primrose because I thought they had a better program. Now my decision will be based on the security and safety of my child.
Tony

Fairborn, OH

#8 Aug 5, 2011
someone that crazy wrote:
Now that you switched to another Prinrose you should attend yourself and learn a little about manners. You are nothing more than a trash mouthed piece of dirt. I am sure you set an excellent example for your children by posting garbage like this for people to read.
After reading your rant of profanity the only person that appears to be an idiot is you. If you are an example of the Prinrose clients I am very glad we chose to go elseware ( where they do have cameras).
LevelHeaded

Cartersville, GA

#9 Aug 6, 2011
So you want to place your child in an environment where someone can watch your child candidly without anyone knowing? The fact Primrose doesn't have cameras lets me know they focus more on physically walking through the school to make sure the teachers and children are where they are supposed to be as opposed to someone suffering Facebook as you hope they glance at the cameras every now and then. My child attends Primrose before this and will always attend Primrose. You can't let one bad apple spoil the bunch.
Tony

Fairborn, OH

#10 Aug 6, 2011
LevelHeaded wrote:
So you want to place your child in an environment where someone can watch your child candidly without anyone knowing? The fact Primrose doesn't have cameras lets me know they focus more on physically walking through the school to make sure the teachers and children are where they are supposed to be as opposed to someone suffering Facebook as you hope they glance at the cameras every now and then. My child attends Primrose before this and will always attend Primrose. You can't let one bad apple spoil the bunch.
Your point is not valid, to view the cameras you have to have a username and password. The cameras are for parents to check in on their children, not a supervisory tool for the staff. Plus all cameras are taped and kept backed up for future reference if needed. It really is for some parents peace of mind. Obviously since all these facilities are priced the same it boils down to what you as a parent are looking for in daycare. Personally I would not support Primrose after yanking a franchise with no notice and leaving parents and children with one night to make a major adjustment. That alone tells me how much they care about the children. Sure, the individual teachers care but the franchise has made it clear what their position is. Also, this was not the first time the Primrose franchise has done this. It happened in West Chester a few years back as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nude paddle punishment by adult stepson! (Aug '14) Wed mikedtw 3
Whispering Meadows Sep 1 Kimlynnhughes1019 1
Well endowed son. (Sep '13) Aug 28 sick 11
News Once-prominent Warren County legislator is head... Aug 23 Not Amused 2
Fed up with the druggies! Aug 23 LostMyAppetite 5
Julia murphy (May '11) Aug 23 Stranger 2
News Prosecutor: Ex-lawmaker Bilked Investors, Repea... Aug 15 Ellie 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maineville Mortgages