Impact Fee - The greed of Hamilton To...

Impact Fee - The greed of Hamilton Township

Posted in the Maineville Forum

Pissed taxpayer

Burlington, KY

#1 Oct 11, 2009
Are you kidding me? Hamilton Township is charging $6153 just to buy a new home in their township! For some ungodly reason the taxes we pay to the government isn't enough, now they want to charge more money just for the 'privilege' of living there! All because the trustees say the infastructure needs improvement. Isn't that why we pay taxes in the first place, so the government can build things we need? Stop spending the money the first chance you get and put some in the bank for when you actually do need it. That's what the rest of us has to do.

This is like going downtown but instead of being able to walk away from the panhandlers, they just dig through your pockets and take what they want.

The greed goes even deeper. They want to charge the same fees to people that live in Loveland, Maineville and South Lebanon. Recently annexed or not, the land doesn't belong to you anymore! You don't pay for the roads, the police or the fire department for those areas. So why in the world would you need that money? BECAUSE YOU ARE GREEDY!

Sure the people in those towns drive through the township when they go to work and go shopping, things like that. But I'm sure the people in the township drive through the towns? Does the township pay for the roadways in the towns? Doubt it.

For that matter I'm sure most people drive out of the township into neighboring townships to work. By your methodology, those communities should be able to charge you impact fees to improve their infastructure.

If you want to rape your own future residents of additional money to improve your services, fine. But I'm sure it will show when people and business choose other locations and leave your bank accounts empty. But I wouldn't count on any money from the communities, you don't provide any services to them so you don't deserve the money.

Remember the judge decided that you can charge the fees on property built in your township. Did he say anything about charging fees on property that doesn't belong to you anymore? This will be the end of Hamilton Township as more builder annex into the towns to keep from having to pay your fees.

Oh, by the way, this is a new fee so you won't see any of the township trustees paying those fees. Practice what you preach?
Hamilton Township

Burlington, KY

#2 Dec 1, 2009
I think the point is that all of these new businesses and subdivisions are being built and the township cannot afford to make the immediate and necessary upgrades to the infastructure.

Maybe a fair solution would be to pay the fee to the township so they could start the immediate upgrades for your benefit. And then grant a reduced rate for property taxes until the amount of the fee has been covered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it common to have erotic thoughts about family? 1 hr Jan 45
Why Little Miami Schools will always be broke! (Aug '14) 4 hr Wee pay 22
waters bend apartments **do not move here*** (Dec '10) Jul 13 Get Over Yourself 15
Chrisdy Jul 13 Keith 1
Family Fun (Sep '16) Jul 10 kevinaams15 11
Antenna Cowboy (Aug '13) Jun 29 antishill 6
News Ohio Senate bill would curtail abortion method Jun 29 Reality Speaks 1

Maineville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maineville Mortgages