Charles L. Worley, Anti-Gay North Car...

Charles L. Worley, Anti-Gay North Carolina Pastor: 'Forty Years Ago...

There are 22 comments on the Switched story from May 22, 2012, titled Charles L. Worley, Anti-Gay North Carolina Pastor: 'Forty Years Ago.... In it, Switched reports that:

Good as You blogger Jeremy Hooper has unearthed the following audio , in which a man identified as Pastor Charles L. Worley of North Carolina's Providence Road Baptist Church again condemns the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Switched.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mary

Smithfield, NC

#1 May 22, 2012
This man is teaching every child in his church to hate others.. I have never seen that in the bible anywhere.
shirkley staley

Charlotte, NC

#2 May 22, 2012
I cannot believe in this day and time tnat anyone could be so crule....Mr. Worley ...He sounds like Hilter and his hatred of the Jews..What kind of
church is this? Get real Worley, gays are here to
stay. You really need help controling your hatred.
Dennis

Harrison, OH

#3 May 23, 2012
I grew up in the Baptist church, and have been a church musician for over 50 years. In all my experience, I have NEVER witnessed a more vicious, sickening tirade of hatred than Mr. Worley's blast from the pulpit. His "final extermination" plan mirrors that of Adolf Hitler's plan to kill the Jews. What kind of church is this? I wonder what Jesus Christ thinks of this man and this church? My Bible teaches love and compassion. My Christ showed love to those who were despised and rejected by others. You're sick Mr. Worley. It's too bad that the young, impressionable boys and girls in your congregation have no other choice but to listen to your disgusting rants from the pulpit. May God have mercy on you.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4 May 23, 2012
No light of God in this man, and yet people sit in his pews.

Amazing.
Bob

Seattle, WA

#6 May 23, 2012
Gays toss live babies into a bon fire at Bohemian Grove and nobody says anything. The antichrist will be gay. The devil is gay.
mike

Cookeville, TN

#9 May 23, 2012
mary wrote:
This man is teaching every child in his church to hate others.. I have never seen that in the bible anywhere.
The man went way out of bounds to spout this hatred and his church backs him up OUTRAGEOUS//Its clear to me that he knows nothing about christ the bible or love just hatred for others and those parishoners who support him should be ashamed of themselves.
mike

Cookeville, TN

#10 May 23, 2012
Tipper wrote:
Shikley for your information the Wall Street Jews have put this country in the shape it is in. They have never cared for a gentile. They denied Christ remember!!!
Just remeber it was not the JEWS but their leadrers who feared him.They put the pressure on PONTIUS PILATE to get rid of him so blaming all JEWS for the acts of a few is just dumb and your as bad asthat preacher that spouts his brand of hatred.
Ricky S

Merritt Island, FL

#11 May 23, 2012
I have never understood how a church and it's congregation can spout out something that is so political and still received tax exempt status. Gov. Perdue needs to have her state Attorney General change their status immediately. This is directly to you Worley, if you are such a great spoutoff do not turn your church phone off or your house phone, accept the calls and act like a man, not child. If you cannot take the heat that you are going to get, keep your stupid mouth shut with ignorant ideas
MELISSA

AOL

#13 May 23, 2012
Tipper wrote:
Shikley for your information the Wall Street Jews have put this country in the shape it is in. They have never cared for a gentile. They denied Christ remember!!!
AND CHRIST FORGAVE....
MELISSA

AOL

#14 May 23, 2012
Tipper wrote:
And Christ forgave them. Maybe we all need to follow Jesus's example and learn forgiveness.
mike

United States

#16 May 23, 2012
MELISSA wrote:
<quoted text>
And Christ forgave them. Maybe we all need to follow Jesus's example and learn forgiveness.
Yeah i agree with you but im afraid to the gay bashers forgivness is a sin.
CitizenLC

Morganton, NC

#17 May 24, 2012
All the news media and youtube video's is having a field day with this story, BUT, they only partake the parts of the sermon to stir up things. Here is some of the rest of the sermon he did preach that Sunday....add it to your story line also folks. Either tell the whole story or don't put in it the news at all.
----------

"You say 'did you mean to say that'," he says in his sermon, "You better believe I did!"

The YouTube version of the video cuts off shortly before Pastor Worley is able to clarify his sentiments, but WBTV listened to the rest of the sermon before it was taken off the church's website.

"I believe that other crowd - they went crazy. You say 'Well you are against 'em' and I

want them all to go to Hell. No - I want 'em all to get saved," he clarified to his

congregation. "I'm not against their sin and you don't go out of here and lie! I'm against

the sin, but I'm not against them! I want them to get saved, but I will not accept that way

of life here, nor hereafter."

He then told his congregation that a man and a woman can have a family, but a man and

a man "can have a bunch of Hell."

"I don't know how people get that way," Pastor Worley stated. "But I'm gonna tell you

one thing - it ain't right."

He even questioned, at one point, if he should be saying what he was saying during the

sermon.

"They say that you're gonna get in trouble with the government. Well, I just want ‘yuns

to know that I like that bubble gum stuff, so bring it to me," he told his church. "And I

like sunflower seeds, so bring me some of them, because if you have to go to jail for

preaching the word of God - someone told me the other day - said you'll be the first one

locked up. And I said 'Thank God!' Amen. Hallelujah. That's good preaching."

Pastor Worley spoke out his original sermon the next Sunday, after getting feedback from

some of his congregation and the community.

"I talked a little bit, I believe it was last Sunday, on the homosexual lifestyle and there

was a whole lot of people who didn't like what I said," he told his congregation on May

20. "I want to read it out of the Bible and then we'll go from there."

"And listen - all of you that are watching or listening - go ahead and put this on your

Facebook like you did the other and we'll be blessed. They say 'You don't love us.' Listen,

all of the Sodomites, the lesbians, and all of the... what's that word? Gays - I didn't

wanna say 'queers'- that say we don't love you, I love you more than you love yourself.

I'm praying for you to be saved."
wake up people

United States

#19 May 25, 2012
God didn't make you gay..following Satan might..God isn't going to make you something that he doesn't approve of to start with..God is against homosexuality..read Leviticus..ch 20..man to not lay with man..it is an abomination..i am not quoting word for word..read kjv leviticus for yourself..as for electric fence..that was overboard..because God does have his own plans for those not heeding his words..its a lake of fire..you can agree with ok to being gay but the God I serve says its an abomination..as for voting for someone in political positions..if they don't have christian views and values then I cannot in good conscience vote for them..God wouldn't be pleased if I did..if you don't like what thid pastor has to say..don't attend the church or don't watch video.. This is to all gays and lesbians...as for me and my children..keep your hugging..kissing..outa our sight..keep it under your own roof..when Jesus comes in clouds of glory with his angels..then you will face judgement for what you're doing wrong..America has taken God outa schools..courthouses..off money..but yet our public schools can hold moment of silence for gays and lesbians..then there is something wrong with that picture..Look at our economy..America will never thrive again with all the wrong doings going on..repent America or soon face Christs coming..he is so close to coming right now..he's at the door..repent now before its too late..
taelor

Newton, NC

#20 May 25, 2012
I have been to this church ive gone there all my life since i was 5 years old he's a good man he has god in him but right now he cant find him self give him time he's a really really nice man you just have to under stand him From a member of his church taelor
mike

United States

#21 May 25, 2012
taelor wrote:
I have been to this church ive gone there all my life since i was 5 years old he's a good man he has god in him but right now he cant find him self give him time he's a really really nice man you just have to under stand him From a member of his church taelor
Then tell him hes wrong-hes giving himself to the devil not christ.
robin

Naperville, IL

#22 May 25, 2012
I was glad to read the attempt by one blogger to post the context of this pastor's remarks. I do not condone, at any rate, the way this man spoke. He should know better. But the Bible--old and new testaments--is not favorable toward sexual relationships outside of marriage, so there is a chance that, even if this man had said things in a reasonable and compassionate fashion, the content of his rhetoric would have inflamed some.
mike

Cookeville, TN

#23 May 29, 2012
It is said that the DEVIL can quote scripture for his own purpose and looking at this church anyone who doesnt have money is not allowed in.They stereotype churches in the south as a bunch of dumb yokels.It is clear they treat others as the enemy and those in the church who opposed what he said have been muzzled.
somersodumb

Elkview, WV

#24 May 29, 2012
It would seem to me the fence he talks about should be put around the church to keep the crazies in.
somersodumb

Elkview, WV

#25 May 29, 2012
wake up people wrote:
God didn't make you gay..following Satan might..God isn't going to make you something that he doesn't approve of to start with..God is against homosexuality..read Leviticus..ch 20..man to not lay with man..it is an abomination..i am not quoting word for word..read kjv leviticus for yourself..as for electric fence..that was overboard..because God does have his own plans for those not heeding his words..its a lake of fire..you can agree with ok to being gay but the God I serve says its an abomination..as for voting for someone in political positions..if they don't have christian views and values then I cannot in good conscience vote for them..God wouldn't be pleased if I did..if you don't like what thid pastor has to say..don't attend the church or don't watch video.. This is to all gays and lesbians...as for me and my children..keep your hugging..kissing..outa our sight..keep it under your own roof..when Jesus comes in clouds of glory with his angels..then you will face judgement for what you're doing wrong..America has taken God outa schools..courthouses..off money..but yet our public schools can hold moment of silence for gays and lesbians..then there is something wrong with that picture..Look at our economy..America will never thrive again with all the wrong doings going on..repent America or soon face Christs coming..he is so close to coming right now..he's at the door..repent now before its too late..
Maybe people don't want to see you and your ugly children. You should stay inside and not expose the rest of us to your ugly faces. If you don't want to see others showing love and affection, keep you butt in the house or in your cave where it belongs.
wake up people

United States

#26 Jun 26, 2012
Well I guess we know where you'll be when Jesus comes in a cloud of glory...you'll be trying to hide from the face of Jesus and wishing you were dead wanting the rocks to fall on you..but wait..then it'll be too late..off to the lake of fire..better known as HELL for eternity..eternity is a very long time..never ending..as for talking about beautiful innocent babies..bible says it'd be better for a millstone be hung about your neck and drowned in the depths of the sea than offend little ones that believe in him..very immature of yourself..give yourself a pat on the back little baby... my little ones know better than you do....my children know gays\lesbians are wrong..Two of the same kind cannot naturally produce...its wrong..but keep digging your eternal place in hell deeper before you get there..then you'll see and regret all of what you're doing now..better yet you were probably wearing the girly pink ballet shorts with your little fairy wings in NY the other day...HELL is enlarging its borders everyday because of things like you getting ready to enter it and it will be the most frightening place ever for you to see next to seeing thee GLORIOUS FACE OF JESUS..YOU BETTER GET READY BEFORE ITS TOO LATE. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for these very things..do you think then times was worse than what things is going on today... It don't take a rocket scientist to know that one..time is close..people don't want what is right..and will soon find out when judgement is upon you...try and be prepared..king james bible is only bible too go by..I will pray for you but you'll have to accept our wonderful merciful full of grace Jesus Christ to make it into heaven..nothing else will do...only through precious JESUS.... May God have mercy on this world..and open the eyes of sinners before it's too late..
somersodumb wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe people don't want to see you and your ugly children. You should stay inside and not expose the rest of us to your ugly faces. If you don't want to see others showing love and affection, keep you butt in the house or in your cave where it belongs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maiden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brent Heavner- where is he? 13 hr Citizen 93
News Poker Run to aid burn victims (Jul '09) Tue LynnECrapits 6
Shane Cauthen Feb 19 tammie barra 12
Sheriff Election part 2 Feb 18 TheStraightUpHonest 24
kalyn kiziah Feb 17 britt 4
News 16-year-old girl reported missing in Lincoln Co... Feb 15 just saying 1
News 'We actually won' | Ten coworkers claim Powerba... Feb 15 just saying 2

Maiden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance