Park policeman indicted in shooting d...

Park policeman indicted in shooting death

There are 30 comments on the Asbury Park Press Online story from Mar 30, 2007, titled Park policeman indicted in shooting death. In it, Asbury Park Press Online reports that:

A state park police officer was indicted Tuesday on reckless manslaughter charges in the fatal shooting of a member of the Ramapough Lenape Indian Nation last April on a mountain near the New York border. via Asbury Park Press Online

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asbury Park Press Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
happy gilmore

Millbrook, NY

#21 Jul 30, 2007
What was a man doing walking down the road at like 12 oclock at night?
Spencer Fox

Brentwood, NY

#22 Jul 30, 2007
Hey you smelly reggin. You wanna know what I was doin walkin down the road at 12pm??? I was on my way back from dilling my belly button with a hotdog in a truckers rig. Okay? The trucker offered me a AAA battery to dill myself with his dinner meat stick. So I mean dang ive never actualy owned a AAA battery in all my life. So i's dun that and bada boom. Now i dun got my self a battery. Hey yo badda boom.
happy gilmore

Millbrook, NY

#23 Jul 30, 2007
who would steal 30 bag a lunches?
A Family Member

Bayonne, NJ

#25 Aug 14, 2007
How dare you make fun of such hurt and loss. Yes, there was fowl play. Yes, the officer did his job. Not everyone is perfect and yes, not everyone uses their best judgment. You must all realize that we, too, are people. Some innocent - some not. There are those who are "die-hard" to their ancestry ... being that they choose to continue the outdated lifestyle of the past. However, we are also educated, talented and beautiful people with respect and good values. Please, do not make fun of what you do not know. I am a firm believer there are skeletons in every closet in every household.
a local

New York, NY

#26 Aug 15, 2007
A Family Member wrote:
How dare you make fun of such hurt and loss. Yes, there was fowl play. Yes, the officer did his job. Not everyone is perfect and yes, not everyone uses their best judgment. You must all realize that we, too, are people. Some innocent - some not. There are those who are "die-hard" to their ancestry ... being that they choose to continue the outdated lifestyle of the past. However, we are also educated, talented and beautiful people with respect and good values. Please, do not make fun of what you do not know. I am a firm believer there are skeletons in every closet in every household.
A-men to that
donna

Franklin Square, NY

#27 Sep 27, 2007
I would like to respond to the person that say they live at the bottom of Stag Hill. YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT!!! I have lived here for 18 years and the people on the mountain became my friends before the people in Mahwah would. Amil Mann was a good man and would never pull a gun on anyone. He was a great father and husband. If anyone was educated enough to read the right articles about the so called Jackson Whites they would just know it's just a name. And if this man had a gun pulled to his head he either hurt someones family member or trespassed on their land.The people on Stag Hill are the most family oriented people I ever saw. This man that is commenting is an uneducated idiot.
does not matter

Greenbackville, VA

#28 Oct 14, 2007
I just came across this while looking for something else, and found it funny. I was not there so I will not even begin to judge write or wrong, justified or not. I don't know any of the people involved, and I am not familiar with the areas. However, growing up just south of LA and working as an EMT for 10 years, I have seen both sides of this coin. If you honestly think about it, how often do you hear about police officers killing someone in the line of duty, justified or not? A couple of times a year, maybe more, but not nearly 100 times. Maybe the officers that "shoot first think later" have seen some of the STATS below, but you wont hear about 1649 officers killed in the line of duty on a forum like this because it does not sell news papers. No trying to start a riot, or defend anything that may have happened, just something to think about. "A family member" is right, we are all human, same emotions, same fears, same dislikes, same blood, and any spilled is a tragedy, no matter the cause or reason. There is mass genocide in countries all over the world for race, gender and religion, the US is one of the most prosperous countries in the world, and we canít even get along with our next door neighbor. How can we expect to change the world?
LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS KILLED IN THE LINE OF DUTY OVER THE PAST TEN YEARS - TOTAL 1649 / Average (165 per year)
Updated 3/16/07
Hubble

Lafayette, LA

#29 Mar 23, 2008
My big ass blue-eyes baby luvs 2 eat! Don't make me find ya, now come to daddy, im gonna eat that ass. yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
trizia

Oyster Bay, NY

#30 Jul 2, 2009
YOU PEOPLE WHO THINK JUSTICE WAS SERVED WHEN WALDER WAS LET OFF THE HOOK FOR KILLING MY COUSIN EMIL MANN/YOU NEED TO ASK THE LORD FOR FORGIVNESS. WALDER GOT AWAY WITH IT THROUGH THE JUSTICE SYSTEM/BUT VENGANCE IS MINE SAYETH THE LORD.DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WRITING BACK WITH SOME DUMB WORDS OR SLURS TOWARD ME,BECAUSE IT DONT BOTHER ME.
former resident

Rockaway, NJ

#31 Jul 4, 2009
The police have no respect for anyone in the area except the rich. If you are a normal citizen and have any problems there is no where to complain because in NJ- no one cares. The police act with absolute impunity and have no regard for human life. If you can not help them get into office, you are worthless to them. Ramapogh Indians should let the voting speak for them- http://ringwoodcops.blogspot.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mahwah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Controversial New Jersey Eruv Vandalized - Poli... Jul 30 Bobby 1
Yankee Manager Ralph Houk' old address Jul '17 rocketrod23 1
News Bergen County Executive Tedesco Announces Parks... (Jan '17) Feb '17 matt 4
Review: Lindvale Gardens (Jul '09) Jan '17 Erik 16
Oakland's "Krauzers" convenience store (Jan '17) Jan '17 wildwick 1
News Montvale woman, 60, arrested on drug, distribut... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Ben 2
News Mahwah man charged with possessing, distributin... (Dec '11) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 4

Mahwah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mahwah Mortgages